Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 06:56 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times

Advertisements

The Italians,Irish.Chineese,Asians,Koreans,Mexicans,et c have all made it here.It can be done.Be a copycat and get off your whiney a$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 01:57 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is pretty much what it is. The problem is getting others to admit this.
To me it has been a discussion around why the black community is viewed the way it is, why blacks suffer in poverty and what needs to happen to change that. What I do see happening is folks that don't want to discuss it going back to the racism card.

Stop and think about this for a minute. This is what Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer said about Obamacare and Unemployment.

Hey, quite your job and we will pay for your health care

Food Stamps Stimulates the Economy

Quote:
At a press conference in her home town of San Francisco, Pelosi explained that the program's multiplier effect –the amount of money generated in the local economy as the result of the subsidy– far exceeds the nearly $60 billion spent this year by the federal government and is a sure-fire way to stimulate the economy. For every dollar a person receives in food stamps, Pelosi said that $1.79 is put back into the economy. The U.S. Department of Agriculture cites an even higher figure of $1.84.
Foods Stamps and Welfare Stimulate the Economy

So, the very people you vote for are telling you that you are contributing to improving the health of the economy by accepting food stamps and welfare? The very same people you vote for are telling you not to work because "they" which is the working middle class will pay for your health care? You don't see anything wrong with that thought process? Nothing? I would be outraged if my senator looked me in the eye and told me to go home, he or she would make sure I got enough welfare to get by. Yet, we have this, like it or not it's a common thread in minority communities.

Obama gonna pay for my gas

Would you rather be working? Would you rather be bringing home a reasonable wage and support your family on your own? If you answered yes how can you justify voting for a party that thinks welfare is an acceptable form of living? That someone sitting at home accepting money that they didn't work for is acceptable? All this does is put a person down and make them feel less than which is exactly what has happened in the black community.

The issue is that conservatives want to cut welfare and get people back to work and the senate will not even let this bills to the floor for consideration let alone a vote. No discussion, non negotiations nada.. Are conservatives the silver bullet? Are they always honest regarding the bills they bring forward? No, but the business community knows that conservatives are for business and businesses create jobs. Like it or not it will always be that way.

Guess how many bills the senate has actually voted o this year?

In my opinion minorities in poverty are going to have to start standing up for themselves and demanding jobs and not welfare which I am sure is a scary thought for a lot of folks. I get that, I really do but until they stand up nothing will change. New Nancy Pelosi's and Steny Hoyers will continue to feed welfare programs to the tune of billions, minorities will keep cashing them and the view of blacks and miniorities will never change.

I am not against welfare assistance. I believe as a society we have an obligation to help folks who have lost their jobs, folks who are mentally ill, our veterans and the less fortunate that can't take care of themselves. But, until a class of people change their thinking it's always going to look like it does now and no amount of pulling the race card or deflection is going to change that.

One other comment. Quit worrying about what everyone else thinks. Focus on yourself and what you can do to change your situation. Don't put up with the BS of the Nancy Pelosi's or racists of the world. Do what you need to do to make yourself better, educate yourself, fight to get ahead. It works, there are millions o successful folks out there.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:38 PM

226 posts, read 284,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
To me it has been a discussion around why the black community is viewed the way it is, why blacks suffer in poverty and what needs to happen to change that. What I do see happening is folks that don't want to discuss it going back to the racism card.

Stop and think about this for a minute. This is what Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer said about Obamacare and Unemployment.

Hey, quite your job and we will pay for your health care

Food Stamps Stimulates the Economy

Foods Stamps and Welfare Stimulate the Economy

So, the very people you vote for are telling you that you are contributing to improving the health of the economy by accepting food stamps and welfare? The very same people you vote for are telling you not to work because "they" which is the working middle class will pay for your health care? You don't see anything wrong with that thought process? Nothing? I would be outraged if my senator looked me in the eye and told me to go home, he or she would make sure I got enough welfare to get by. Yet, we have this, like it or not it's a common thread in minority communities.

Obama gonna pay for my gas

Would you rather be working? Would you rather be bringing home a reasonable wage and support your family on your own? If you answered yes how can you justify voting for a party that thinks welfare is an acceptable form of living? That someone sitting at home accepting money that they didn't work for is acceptable? All this does is put a person down and make them feel less than which is exactly what has happened in the black community.

The issue is that conservatives want to cut welfare and get people back to work and the senate will not even let this bills to the floor for consideration let alone a vote. No discussion, non negotiations nada.. Are conservatives the silver bullet? Are they always honest regarding the bills they bring forward? No, but the business community knows that conservatives are for business and businesses create jobs. Like it or not it will always be that way.

Guess how many bills the senate has actually voted o this year?

In my opinion minorities in poverty are going to have to start standing up for themselves and demanding jobs and not welfare which I am sure is a scary thought for a lot of folks. I get that, I really do but until they stand up nothing will change. New Nancy Pelosi's and Steny Hoyers will continue to feed welfare programs to the tune of billions, minorities will keep cashing them and the view of blacks and miniorities will never change.

I am not against welfare assistance. I believe as a society we have an obligation to help folks who have lost their jobs, folks who are mentally ill, our veterans and the less fortunate that can't take care of themselves. But, until a class of people change their thinking it's always going to look like it does now and no amount of pulling the race card or deflection is going to change that.

One other comment. Quit worrying about what everyone else thinks. Focus on yourself and what you can do to change your situation. Don't put up with the BS of the Nancy Pelosi's or racists of the world. Do what you need to do to make yourself better, educate yourself, fight to get ahead. It works, there are millions o successful folks out there.
It's a valid response if people mention the "racism card" since it still continues to this very day, and people try to ignore that's it's not a factor for why certain minority communities aren't successful, although it's not much as now as it was back then.

I agree that people shouldn't have to live off of government welfare programs, and not work at all, and sadly many people abuse that. Welfare programs should be used as a safety net for those that are falling under hard times to become more financially stable. Many people who are under these programs, including many black people, don't sit around all day doing nothing, and use government welfare programs with the low wage jobs that they are working. There are many factors to why an individual is stuck in poverty which could include education level, their family previously being in poverty, criminal record, lack of job opportunities in their field, family issues, and in some instances racism, etc...

This thread turned in another thread bashing black people for voting for Democratics, when minorities as a whole mainly favor Democrats over Republicans, and when Republicans haven't done a good job reaching out to minorities over the years.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by land161 View Post
It's a valid response if people mention the "racism card" since it still continues to this very day, and people try to ignore that's it's not a factor for why certain minority communities aren't successful, although it's not much as now as it was back then.

I agree that people shouldn't have to live off of government welfare programs, and not work at all, and sadly many people abuse that. Welfare programs should be used as a safety net for those that are falling under hard times to become more financially stable. Many people who are under these programs, including many black people, don't sit around all day doing nothing, and use government welfare programs with the low wage jobs that they are working. There are many factors to why an individual is stuck in poverty which could include education level, their family previously being in poverty, criminal record, lack of job opportunities in their field, family issues, and in some instances racism, etc...

This thread turned in another thread bashing black people for voting for Democratics, when minorities as a whole mainly favor Democrats over Republicans, and when Republicans haven't done a good job reaching out to minorities over the years.
At what point is it ok for people to show they are ticked off at having to support dead beats or should everyone let it keep going on and on and on.

Welfare is meant for survival but now instead of being appreciative they demand more. They are given more yet they complain they can't even get something as simple as a voter ID. At what point do people say, enough of this bull S*it. And that goes for "anyone" who never contributed, and without good reason who live on the dole. If I had my way, I'd take money from them, give it to our vets or others who really need our help.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:44 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
This is exactly what I am talking about:

mailer.jpg - Washington Times

Blacks should be furious!

Old 11-02-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
At what point is it ok for people to show they are ticked off at having to support dead beats or should everyone let it keep going on and on and on.

Welfare is meant for survival but now instead of being appreciative they demand more. They are given more yet they complain they can't even get something as simple as a voter ID. At what point do people say, enough of this bull S*it. And that goes for "anyone" who never contributed, and without good reason who live on the dole. If I had my way, I'd take money from them, give it to our vets or others who really need our help.
At what part of my post did I support or state this? Stop trying to create a strawman out of my post.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:15 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by land161 View Post

Please STOP with the "reaching out" BS. It is a KNOWN FACT that Democrats insist on keeping Black kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools, even when 2/3 of Black adults favor school vouchers. If Blacks keep voting for their own oppressors, they have NO ONE to blame but themselves when nothing ever gets better for them.

For pete's sake... actually DO something to act in your own best interest. Vote for your kids' future opportunities. Vote for Republicans, they DON'T want to keep your kids trapped in crappy public schools, dumbed-down, and therefore poor and struggling for life.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Please STOP with the "reaching out" BS. It is a KNOWN FACT that Democrats insist on keeping Black kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools, even when 2/3 of Black adults favor school vouchers. If Blacks keep voting for their own oppressors, they have NO ONE to blame but themselves when nothing ever gets better for them.

For pete's sake... actually DO something to act in your own best interest. Vote for your kids' future opportunities. Vote for Republicans, they DON'T want to keep your kids trapped in crappy public schools, dumbed-down, and therefore poor and struggling for life.
Why ignore the facts? I'm not a supporter of the Democratic Party, but most of their policies have cater towards minorities to get ensure that they get their vote. Where Democrats fail is that there policies can end up working negatively against minorities as you mentioned.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:08 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Pelosi warns voters that the GOP is poised to have the greatest majority in the House since President Herbert Hoover was in the White House over 80 years ago.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:10 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is exactly what I am talking about:

mailer.jpg - Washington Times

Blacks should be furious!

Wow!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies