Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 10:23 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
My constant complaining? After Obama you think it's just me?
I don't care who it is, why people keep complaining about Blacks. People have been looking down on Blacks for ages, dating back to antebellum times. I don't care why that is. Just as many people don't care why many things among certain segments of the Black population take place. Here is the question. What is it accomplishing? And if it isn't accomplish anything, what do you think should be done about certain things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 10:26 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And yet, you are the one making complaints about Black people. So, who is more obsessed about color?

I noticed all you did was make an ad hominem attack. All this shows is that you disagreed with me, but could not come up with a counter argument.
Your choices: You voted for Obama because

A. he's black
B. Because he promised to take from successful people and give to me.
C. Because you won't have to worry about paying for your gas and mortgage anymore
D. Because he gives Obamaphones
E. All of the above

I can't think of any other reason anyone would vote for him. Promised the rising tides and then lied to pass legislation because he knew it people wouldn't like what was in the bill. And did it ever occur to you, if it was so damn good why would he have to lie about it? Is that how the black community treat each other? Lies, lies, lies and the liar gets a pass?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
People have been looking down on Blacks for ages, dating back to antebellum times.
Obama disrespects the American people and you think it helps?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Yet you still won't admit you voted for Obama because he is black LOLOL
Because I didn't vote for him based on color. Believe it or not, I did vote for a Republican candidate in 2004, former President George W. Bush. And yes, I did vote for President Obama. His color had NOTHING to do with it. I might have voted for John McCain if it wasn't for the running mate his chose, Palin. After hearing about some things that took place with her as governor of Alaska, things of a racial nature, I wasn't going to trust her. I had to consider if McCain ever died in office, getting left with Palin. Not something I want.

Why won't I "admit" it? Because it isn't true. You are the one making bigoted assumptions, so it is you who has the obsession with color, not me. Most Blacks voted for President Obama for the same reason they voted for Kerry, Gore, Clinton, Dukakis, Mondale, Carter, McGovern, Johnson, and Humphrey.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Obama disrespects the American people and you think it helps?
Does that refute anything I've said about Blacks being looked down on from day one? People are going to vote for who they are going to vote for. Unless it is someone like David Duke or King Samir Shabazz, it is none of your business who anyone votes for. I don't ask, and I don't want to know. If you think you can do better, then do as the state nickname of Missouri implies.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Does that refute anything I've said about Blacks being looked down on from day one? People are going to vote for who they are going to vote for. Unless it is someone like David Duke or King Samir Shabazz, it is none of your business who anyone votes for. I don't ask, and I don't want to know. If you think you can do better, then do as the state nickname of Missouri implies.
Of course it don't. I don't care what Missouri "IMPLIES". I look sideways and to people like you, it will IMPLY whatever you want it to so you feel put down.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:35 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
President Obama's highest approval rating was 69% on Jan 22,2009. It never got higher than that(gallup).

there was also never a 70-30 split in favor of President Obama among whites. At best, it was around 55% approval.

And before i get a response, NO im not claiming white people are racist, only pointing out the flaw in the above argument.
You are pulling an Obama, you are distorting.

The Gallup Poll you cite was 69% approving of Obama and only 13% disapproving of Obama. Obama, thus had a net of +56%, which he had in other polls.

Obama had a high net approval rating among whites to the +40% side.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Your choices: You voted for Obama because

A. he's black
B. Because he promised to take from successful people and give to me.
C. Because you won't have to worry about paying for your gas and mortgage anymore
D. Because he gives Obamaphones
E. All of the above

I can't think of any other reason anyone would vote for him. Promised the rising tides and then lied to pass legislation because he knew it people wouldn't like what was in the bill. And did it ever occur to you, if it was so damn good why would he have to lie about it? Is that how the black community treat each other? Lies, lies, lies and the liar gets a pass?
Well, you are wrong.

1) Color had nothing to do with it. Fear of McCain's running mate did, though.
2) I wasn't thinking about "take from the rich, give to the poor" when I voted for him.
3) I don't have a mortgage, I'm not a home owner. And I don't expect any president to pay for my gas.
4) I have my own phone and pay my own bill on it, I don't expect any politician to do that for me.
5) All of the above.

Most Black people I know voted for President Obama for the same reason they voted for Clinton, the Democrat factor. While I don't agree with Democrat worship, you are the one making a bigoted assumption by saying color had everything to do with it. Most Black adults I know work for a living, and pay their own bills. The A-E you mention apply to underclass hood rats.

Sounds like you are the one making bigoted assumptions, not me.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Of course it don't. I don't care what Missouri "IMPLIES". I look sideways and to people like you, it will IMPLY whatever you want it to so you feel put down.
You look to people like me for what?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Well, you are wrong.

1) Color had nothing to do with it. Fear of McCain's running mate did, though.
2) I wasn't thinking about "take from the rich, give to the poor" when I voted for him.
3) I don't have a mortgage, I'm not a home owner. And I don't expect any president to pay for my gas.
4) I have my own phone and pay my own bill on it, I don't expect any politician to do that for me.
5) All of the above.

Most Black people I know voted for President Obama for the same reason they voted for Clinton, the Democrat factor. While I don't agree with Democrat worship, you are the one making a bigoted assumption by saying color had everything to do with it. Most Black adults I know work for a living, and pay their own bills. The A-E you mention apply to underclass hood rats.

Sounds like you are the one making bigoted assumptions, not me.
Then obviously the Democrats are using their tactic of race-baiting tactic which they used in the past. I do agree, it's targeting the hood rats as you call it. Can't they win on policy?

Democrats' hate-whitey-get-out-the-black-vote scheme. If you don't fit the bill and are one of us hard working americans you shouldn't defend it, you should have a visceral disdain for such shameful politicking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies