Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I think it's a bit paranoid, too. Maybe stupid? You may have every right to carry a gun, but so what?

cops do not have to protect you, nor come to your aid if you call 911. cops are there for the whole of the people, not the individual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ I agree! I wouldn't feel safe with a person so paranoid.

I don't know where you overnight, but normally people try to find a safe hotel/motel areas, where they don't need to fear for their life. A riffle could be justified when visiting some very shady ghetto, or sleeping in a tent somewhere in the wilderness.

crime and invasions of where you are staying can happen anywhere. better to have something to kep you safe than relying on a phone to call 911. better to be tried by 12 than be carried by 6.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Agree... And honestly, I'd question the sanity and stability of someone that carried a rifle on a weekend getaway.

I always carry on a weekend getaway. 2 pistols on me, a shotgun in the truck and a magazine fed rifle in my luggage with 8 standard capacity magazines.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Here in California, carrying an unloaded gun in public is considered illegal. So if I know somebody carry a rifle in public in California, I would really worry he might be thrown in county jail for up to a year. But I wouldn't report him or act surprised or disgusted. He might not aware of the new change of gun law, I would remind him to keep his toy at home.

If we are NOT in gun free zone, carry all he wants. Nothing wrong with it. As long as he is a responsible gun owner, he should do whatever makes him comfortable or happy.

thats the liberal left coast for you. the politicians and cops do not want the individual citizen to have any kind of self defense at all, they would rather have you rely on cops that are never there when you are in the process of getting murdered or raped.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Wow....this really took off, didn't it?

One of the things I like about the AR-15 is that in the non ready, it's in a gear bag, sitting disassembled. It's just another duffel bag in the car........but in under a minute, it can be the rifle.

As far is what's the need, hard to say. For one thing, if the car broke down in the middle of nowhere, I'd rather have the rifle to fire off distress shots than be using the pistol for it. Beyond that, though, well I'll leave it to the individual to decide.

As my CHL instructor once said to the why carry question? "BECAUSE YOU WANT TO AND YOU CAN!".

I think you are just fine Tamara. if you are doing anything wrong, to me it would be that you are not carrying enough.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I would never date any man who carried a gun anywhere for any reason. Therefore, non issue.

any reason at all? then that also means you would never date any cop either as they usually carry their firearm when they are off duty. hope you like being dependent on that phone in order to have the cops respond to a crime that might be happening to you, even though the cops do not have to respond at all to your cries for help.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
What would offend me is you not telling me you have guns in your home before I enter. I don't know too many people who do own guns, but all of them have told me that they own guns, and if they didn't go further, that's all the information I need to know. I'd probably be offended if a gun owner didn't at least respect me enough to not inform me that he does have guns in his home.

I don't see any reason why a person has to have more than one gun unless that person is in the military. You are super paranoid if you feel like having all those guns is going to solve whatever problems you think owning many guns is going to solve. I know some people collect guns, and a few have a large collection of guns, but the last time they mentioned there collection, every one of those guns were all disassembled and in a very specific place in there home, door locked, cabinet locked, key always on them, so no one could get into that room. I have more respect for them than I do a person who has 5-6 guns all ready to fire with rounds in each.

if you come into my home, it is not respect for me to have to tell you anything that I have in my home as it is none of your business. if you are that much against firearms, then just do not come to my home at all.

5-6 firearms with cartridges in them? how about 200 firearms with cartridges in all of them, and that is with 2 teen daughters in the home too. better to be prepared than not at all.

you would call me paranoid, but I call myself not having to rely on government for my every need. plus the cops are at least 30 minutes from my home.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, haven't you been diagnosed with PTSD and some other mental issues? Is it even legal for you to be carrying a loaded weapon in public?

having PTSD is not a reason for not having firearms.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
OP sounds paranoid.

maybe to you, to me she sounds just fine. you sound weird to me because you do not even take responsibility for your own safety and get the training and buying a firearm to protect yourself and/or your family. you would rather rely on the cops to protect you when they do not even have to show up at the crime scene.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Well, when I see a female police officer with her firearm, I think it is sexy. I love tough girls.

I wont date a woman who is not going to responsibility for her own safety. that means if she wont carry a firearm, or is not willing to learn, then i do not even have the time of day for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies