Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 07:28 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Okay... You don't want to stop anyone from legally carrying a firearm. Now can you now address WhipperSnapper's other points that were made in his post. Can you also name these safe havens that are 100% crime free? I can post several recent youtube videos where conceal carry holders stopped an attack in grocery stores, while at work, at a hospital, while standing in line in at a store, and even at church. I can post even more proof and example of people being raped, assaulted, and killed while minding there own business going on with there daily routine. SO again, please tell me where is this Utopia you speak where crime CAN not and WILL not EVER happen, so I can move there.

Once again, I've never said there are any "safe havens" that are crime free.

However, if you want me to believe that the United States is so incredibly threatening, if you want me to believe that the average US citizen isn't safe to go anywhere without a gun, if you want me to believe that robbers, assaulters and murderers are lurking everywhere in the US, fine. You win. I will believe that.

But instead of carrying a gun everywhere, I'm going to take and my kids and defect from this God-forsaken place ASAP to go to another country that isn't so horribly dangerous and where I DON'T have to carry a gun.

You've convinced me that the US is nothing but a cesspool of violent crime and degradation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post

However, if you want me to believe that the United States is so incredibly threatening, if you want me to believe that the average US citizen isn't safe to go anywhere without a gun, if you want me to believe that robbers, assaulters and murderers are lurking everywhere in the US, fine. You win. I will believe that.

But instead of carrying a gun everywhere, I'm going to take and my kids and defect from this God-forsaken place ASAP to go to another country that isn't so horribly dangerous and where I DON'T have to carry a gun.

You've convinced me that the US is nothing but a cesspool of violent crime and degradation.
Do not let the door hit you in the posterior on your way out.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

You have convened me, that you were not born & raised in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You have convened me, that you were not born & raised in the land of the free, the home of the brave.
How have I "convened" you of that?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Do not let the door hit you in the posterior on your way out.
You're so nice. Why does it annoy you to know that some people don't think the US is as dangerous as your camp does?

I don't think the US is so dangerous. No, I'll stay and make your life more pleasant.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I avoid places that I consider dangerous so most of the time I do not carry a gun. I do not feel any need to. When I have worked in places I felt I was in danger I had a gun with me. I did not ask anyone permission to do that even if it may have been illegal in that town. I will make the decision to be armed or not and what to carry.

IMHO the principal reason for very restrictive weapons control laws is to keep the poor and disenfranchised from being able to defend themselves from either criminals or the police. These have frequently been and still are the same people in some places.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:

Peace out!

Old 10-29-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Peace out!
Can you expand on that? What are your views on the topic of this thread?

Old 10-29-2014, 08:28 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Actually yes I do because that decision affects others. The government can regulate your actions when they affect others.
My gun had NEVER affected others.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:30 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Did I say that I want to stop anyone from carrying? I want to you to highlight in any of my posts where I mentioned anything about doing so. Will you jump to conclusions this quickly with a gun in your hand?

I could go into well-documented statistics that show the US to have the highest violent crime rate by FAR than any other WESTERN country (some pro-gun people often like to cite stats showing war-torn, poor, corrupt countries having higher violent crime. Well, yeah, that's no great surprise). But I'm sure you and others in your camp have seen those stats umpteen times, and you prefer to look at stats favoring carrying weapons everywhere.

So, yes, I am simply expressing my opinion. Nothing more.

The issue comes down to a chicken-and-egg conundrum, which neither camp can agree on. What came first, crime or guns? I happen to think it's more the latter. ONE of the main reasons the US has such high rates of violent crime is BECAUSE of easy access to firearms of all kinds. Your camp believes the opposite: crime exists independently of wide gun ownership, and only more guns will mitigate crime rates.

Just another example of the Great American Standoff. The fun never ends.
Hilarious.....because everyone knows there was NO crime before guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies