Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 10:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't know any poor people who are opening factories and hiring.
Their labor is of worth and is being exploited by those who hire them.

http://www.epi.org/publication/ib330...-compensation/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 10:57 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I don't know any poor people who are opening factories and hiring.
I know two people who will open little factories......as soon as Obama is gone.

And a POTUS that is not against small businesses is in office.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What the heck is imaginations website?

Lets see.. i want to see you cite for me a link which shows the US Government has jurisdiction to tax a business located outside of the country..
Yes, it should be immigration.

Now if you want to employ me to do research for you we can come to an agreement and contract. I do require a fee in advance before I begin as a show of good faith. Otherwise do your own.

Your statement on post # 71
if a business relocates outside the USA, what jurisidiction does the US Government have to tax them anything over 0?

Relocates is not the same as located and you change the subject when you do that. If you want to pull a rabbit out of the hat, find a rabbit to put into it first. Pulling a dog out and calling it a rabbit fails in all but laughter.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought conservatives could stay on topic.
Well the topic was ridiculous because I dont recall anyone suggesting we cut the wealthies taxes..

Old 10-27-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yes, it should be immigration.

Now if you want to employ me to do research for you we can come to an agreement and contract. I do require a fee in advance before I begin as a show of good faith. Otherwise do your own.
m not doing research to backup YOUR claim..
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Your statement on post # 71
if a business relocates outside the USA, what jurisidiction does the US Government have to tax them anything over 0?

Relocates is not the same as located and you change the subject when you do that. If you want to pull a rabbit out of the hat, find a rabbit to put into it first. Pulling a dog out and calling it a rabbit fails in all but laughter.
I didnt at all change the parameters, I said relocates and stick with that statement.. You seem to want to make lots of accusations, not really have a discussion, nor backup any claim you make..

Why are you here again?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:

The wedges between productivity and median compensation growth | Economic Policy Institute
Ahh yes, the ridiculousness continues...

now if you have a job, you are being exploited..

We should all sit back and collect welfare..

Old 10-27-2014, 11:32 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Reagan passed two tax cuts in 1981 and 1983. The economy responded by lower inflation, lower unemployment and a strongly growing GDP (it grew by a huge 9.7% in one quarter of 1984).
Tax cuts do not lower unemployment and they have absolutely nothing to do with inflation. Inflation is tied to global oil prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is a reason so many wealthy setup non profits, do you know what it is?

Warren Buffett donates $2.6 billion to Gates Foundation and other charities | MNN - Mother Nature Network
So, you're confirming my statement? We tax wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Yes, I would. They can get OTHER jobs juuuuuuuuuuuust like their private counterparts. They can work the long hours for salary juuuuuuuuuuuuust like their private counterparts. Just because you get laid off does NOT mean you are "thrown into poverty"....as if......juuuuuuuuuuust like their private counterparts....you adapt, you overcome and realize that being a meter maid was probably not intended to be a "career". Nope. You have to get in there and fight and claw with the best of them, not just watch them work and DEMAND a COLA annually with lots of benefits....we just can't afford it....
The U.S. government can afford anything it wants to. We "afford" what people elect their officials to believe we can afford. We can "afford" the largest employer in the world (U.S. military), which employs thousands of workers. You ready to lay them off, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
So YOU would rather just wax some guy or gal because they simply have more than you? Where is your sense of fair? Why don't I swing by your house and grab some munchies, a sprint phone, a car and some liquor and make my day "go bedduh"? So you would rather leave a bloated government that costs waaaaay more than it should and by doing so, penalize those that have succeeded? You are on the wrong bus. Moscow has daily non-stops. As Air-Tran used to say, "Go, there is nothing stopping you"........

Response???? Deafening sound of crickets....
You have no metrics by which to base your accusations. What is a "bloated government"? How is it costing "more than it should?" If you can answer those questions, we can gladly move to a more involved discussion.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:59 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
I do not encourage tax evasion and evaders.
Lying
A fallacy of reasoning that depends on intentionally saying something that is known to be false.

Yes, you do.

You can disprove my claim by posting sanitized versions of your income tax returns showing you do not take any tax credits or any tax deductions.

Quote:
No, I hate companies that evade taxes.
Compliance ≠ Evasion

Quote:
Yep, we just need to add a tariff tax to make their move out of our country of no benefit. Good idea.
A tariff on what?

You're going to make Vlad in Romania pay a tariff on Chinese imports made by companies under US ownership?

How's that work?

Do the marines land at Vama Veche and overthrow the Romanian government, or do you just carpet bomb Romania?

What about the 1 Billion people in India?

Are you going to nuke them? If you nuke them, then who will be left to pay the tariff?

What's really sad about this, is you don't even understand 5th Grade Math.

Is $5 Profit * 6 Billion People greater or less than $5 Profit * 350 Million Americans and O Canadians!?

Quote:
Did you miss the part where we discussed American companies moving out of the country to evade TAXES not the US BUSINESS. You are so transparent with how you move the goal posts midst discussion to avoid admitting you didn't know.
No, your thread is about taxing, um, "Wealth" (snicker).

You're the one who moved the goal-posts.

Why did you not mention that foreign companies in foreign States pay less in taxes, and are subsidized by their governments....you know, "corporate welfare?"

Oh, I get it.....it's not "corporate welfare" when the French government gives Peugeot $Billions in subsidies.

Quote:
The best part of a capitalistic society is that if a company wants to sell, it must find the price the market will pay. Wouldn't you agree?
That has nothing to do with Capitalism, but thanks for misleading forum members.

Capitalism is a Property Theory.

The only relationship between Capitalism and Markets is that under Capitalist Property Theory, Capitalists respond to the demands of the Market faster than any government bureaucracy ever could, and also meets the demands of the Market, even when government refuses, because it will not profit.

The classic example is the Soviet Union and denim jeans.

Hot Russian chicks wanted to wrap their butts in blue jeans, but the Soviet government didn't make a high enough profit off of blue jeans, so the Capital was assigned to more profitable ventures. People like me would always carry Levi's that we bought at the PX when we went through Soviet Checkpoint Magdeburg or Soviet Checkpoint Marienborn (to trade to the Soviet soldiers there).

The Economic System determines prices.

In the Free Market System, the Market sets the prices based on Supply & Demand.

In the Soviet-style Command Market System, a bureaucracy like the government, or the American Hospital Association, dictates the prices you will pay, irrespective of Supply & Demand, you know, like a $55,000 appendectomy that really only costs about $2,800.

Quote:
Wouldn't you agree?
I would agree that you need to learn Economics to stop misleading people.

You can have Capitalism and Command Markets....your medical care is based on that.

Quote:
We are talking inequality.
Which you refuse to define objectively in no uncertain terms.

Serious intelligent people have no need for Pukipedia.

Quote:
That would help. A high tax rate for the wealthy but with a lot of hefty tax deductions for reinvestment in our country.
And how does that make you globally competitive against Rajiv in India earning $0.28/hour?

Oh, that's right, that's another question you refuse to answer because it debunks your premise.

Quote:
With your scenario, we would see equal gini coefficients for all countries that partake in global trade. But as you can see by this map, that is not the case.
The GINI coefficient is subjective nonsense and your map is wrong.

Quote:
Do those of you, who defend the wealth made off the backs of the rest of us, believe that if you defend them, they will like you and you will be "cool?"
That's subterfuge.

In 1984, Debbie inherited 100 acres of land that her grandfather farmed for decades. Each acre had a theoretical value of $200, resulting in a total theoretical value of $20,000.

Your incessant demand for her land caused the theoretical value to increase to $22,000/acre, resulting in the total theoretical value being $2.28 Million.

What crime(s) did Debbie commit?

How was Debbie standing on your back? How was she forcing you to do anything?

Why do you refuse to answer such a simple questions?

What are you trying to hide from forum members?

In 1992, Rob's family scraped together $5,000 as a graduation gift for Rob. Rob used the $5,000 graduation gift to purchase stock.

Your incessant demand for the products made by the publicly traded corporation whose stocks Rob owns, caused the value to increase to the theoretical value of $1.6 Million.

What crime(s) did Rob commit?

How did Rob force you to purchase the products manufactured by the publicly traded corporation whose stocks he owns?

Did Rob use Remote Viewing or the Vulcan Mind Meld?

Quote:
You want to build your own roads to wherever you drive to?
More subterfuge.

Maybe when you come to understand Opportunity Costs, there can be a fruitful truthful discussion.

So, you're not up to the challenge.

I get it.

Someone said something that you want to believe, and because you want to believe it so badly, it must be true, and it makes you feel good, in spite of the fact that you are unable to support your position with any facts.

Not evading....

Mircea

Old 10-27-2014, 12:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:

The wedges between productivity and median compensation growth | Economic Policy Institute
Nice avoidance.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i cant steal something you never had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies