Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 06:43 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times

Advertisements

tanked the economy?
I don't remember the republicans giving away money to people who could not pay it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
And those Millennials are falling over themselves to pay homage to the Rush Limbaugh party?
The same people who tanked the economy, funded wars with tax cuts, and left them holding the bag?

I don't think that dog is going to hunt....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 07:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Millennials are too busy texting and playing video games to know what is going on. They have been programmed to waste time in trivial things to care ..

This generation of shallow thinkers can vote . They grab sound bites on tv that get their attention but don't take the time to look at the full picture.. they believe the liberal media that will destroy their freedoms as the government forces them to get healthcare or be fined... In 2015 and each year the fines will go up. They will have to pay one way or another..

They may never wake up when they will see the government directing them in every part of their lives . They are government owned zombies.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
The 80s recession didn't come close to as bad as the Great Recession. I just talk about this I another thread. I'll keep it simple for this rebuttal but if unemployment was calculated today the same way it was back then, the Great Recession would have exceeded it no doubt. And even with the current calculation unemployment during the Great Recession has spent significantly longer time periods above 9% and 8% compared to the early 80s.

These two recessions aren't even comparable. The 80s were no where near as bad as today.
You might be onto something there. I was a teenager about 1980 and things were real nasty but, got better real fast. This mess in 2014 has been just nasty for about 7 years.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I had good catholic parents too who couldn't afford all these kids. But it was against their religion to take birth control. This isn't about being a liberal
Uh; MOST "Catholics" flip off the church and DO use birth control in 2014.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:44 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
I have to get some kind of health insurance I don't even need thanks to Obama. If I do or if I don't, either way I'm looking at being in debt for the first time ever. Thanks, Obama.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:49 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
People vote party lines. It was the conservatives who made obama the messiah and dear leader, not the voters. They voted for a democratic president after 8 years of a republican. That's the way it always is. And the next president should be a republican but we shall see.
I am looking at this guy: I've made a few promises. I promised to never mud sling at another man or woman who seeks the same nomination. I promised to always keep my humility. I vowed to give it everything I've got to ensure a victory and that when we do win, the biggest problems facing this country - illegal immigration, terror, the economy and national debt -- will be addressed immediately and correctly.

Dennis Michael Lynch announces he's running for POTUS in 2016

Old 10-27-2014, 07:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; MOST "Catholics" flip off the church and DO use birth control in 2014.
Best thing to do to "stop the war on women"

If babies are aborted, the numbers go down in the church, isn't this the thought? Not by the people, but why the law was put in place.

Last edited by wildflower82; 10-27-2014 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-27-2014, 08:29 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
A lot of Millenials are still mooching off their parents. They are classified as children until age 26 under Obamacare.

Eventually they will all have to launch their own lives and pay taxes, at which point they will regret their youthful choices.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:50 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,552,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Born in 1948 I am a quintessential boomer and with all due respect I will tell you that you don't know what you are talking about.

In November, 1982 President Reagan was dealing with a 10.8% unemployment rate while the highest Obama ever had to deal with was 10.0% in October, 2009. I remember the time well and you are telling me we had great job security and stuff?

Before Reagan we were dealing with Idiot Carter and you ain't lived until you deal with an inflation rate of 14.73% in April, 1980 at a time when unemployment was 6.9% which was 20% higher than it is today and somehow you believe we lived in the good times?

Yeah, I remember when I got my first home loan and thought 14% fixed was a good interest rate.

I remember under Ole' Jimmy Carter when a factory closed up where the men used to make at least $14/hr (this was excellent wages in 1980) and when it reopened as a disposable diaper factory over 500 men who used to earn $14/hr lined up for fork lift driver jobs paying $4 and no benefits. Yeah, good times!

And back under Reagan we didn't have the welfare and food stamps we have today and as far as unemployment extensions they didn't exist either.

I am growing tired of hearing millenials whine and cry how Reaganomics didn't work. Tell you what, let's compare Reagan's employment record vs Obama's, shall we?

http://oi59.tinypic.com/iwm4j4.jpg

Except for the first month after the highest unemployment rate month Reagan beat Obama every single month for 35 straight months. So much for Reaganomics not working. I was in my 30's during Reagan and I wish we could have those good times again.

So what did this, what lowered the unemployment rate? The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981. You know, Reaganomics?
With all due respect I don't care about what happened when you were a kid. All I said was that I'm doing just fine. Why did the economy tank back then? Was that Obama's fault too? I thought you guys had it all figured out. What kind of policies were you guys voting into place while we were all in middle school?

All I hear from you is how much harder you guys had it compared to us, but just a few posts up your boy is talkin' about how much harder we're going to have it.

You guys are getting confused in your old age.

And for the record, forget about those fork lift jobs. I've installed machines to replace exactly those positions, and they're better at it than their human counter part in every way.

Existing manufacturers are upgrading to computers and robots. You won't need 50 people to manage these machines so you can so goodbye to a lot of low skill, decent paying manufacturing jobs. Today's economy doesn't have room for more people.

People are inefficient. They're weak, they get sick, they want breaks, they expect compensation, they get hurt, they cannot work 24/7, 365 days a week.

I just installed a product line that eliminated it's old plant's staff by about 50%, and the existing employees will not get the OT like they used to be because the robots can do that much more work, in less time. That's right, I'm a JOBKILLER.

Nobody "creates jobs" to give money away to people. A job is something temporary until the person with capital can find a way to do it for cheaper. Sad but true.

So frankly, nothing you've said really means anything to me.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:53 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
you really need to stop listening to your baby boomer parents, cut the cord and start thinking for yourself.
Republicans are for a free market society unlike the loser you voted for. giving tax cuts to the people who make jobs will create more jobs.

you get what you voted for.
Sorry, but the party of the rich, and the bigoted, and those who believe that poor sick people should not have affordable access to healthcare will never get a vote out of me.

And for the record, the rich have had the lowest taxas for the past decade going back many decades, but job growth is pitiful. I don't buy the trickle down nonsense at all. The rich need to create jobs, or they deserve to be taxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies