Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 10:27 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I seen another report where the voters were described as flustrated because neither party represented their views and were undecided which way to vote. What ever the truth is we will soon see. If the GOP controls the senate and accomplishes nothing meaningful they will be the flies of summer in 2016.
If Obama vetos everything that comes across his desk from the GOP then they will have "accomplished nothing" because of Obama but you can bet the media will spin it as "do nothing Republicans" to try and con the voters into putting the democrats back in the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 12:08 AM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
They have the auto pen that signs Obama's signature. Just use that when Obama's out on the golf course or playing on the X Box.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:22 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i must be a minority i think he has a tough job and has done well. my only fault with him is executive order abuse and enormous debt accumulation.
I could list many major, systemic issues that I have with this man, but the two you mentioned are a good place to start.

Your two listed faults are very very (very) big deals. Think critically about what you wrote. That he sidesteps two of the three branches of government - branches of the government that were put in place by the founders of this country in order to prevent a dictator from............dictating. That he oversaw the first credit downgrade in the history of the country and now is the proud owner of almost $18 trillion in national debt.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
No one in a position of power cares if you vote. And they want you to be 'an independent'. That way, you have no power to select a nominee in the primary, and they can just mouthe words at you a couple weeks prior to the election, to think of you no more until a couple weeks before the next election.
No one in a position of power cares about me. I'm fine with that. They don't care about you either. The one you select in the primary doesn't care about you. The one you elect to office doesn't care about you. They care about the owners of this country, that's the ones they work for.
They don't work for you. You work for them and you do it for free. Trying to convince others to vote for your party and accept any of the crumbs left, while the real owners have made off with the whole cake. The owners pay lobbyist to offer bribes that are accepted and the vote is made for their interest. Not yours, not now , not ever.
Politicians are no more that circus performers and you are there to cheer them on so the perception of choice is picked up by media and the lie is continued. 50 years of participating and watching the decline calls for a change in action or you can continue the insanity. That's the real choice we all have. Good luck, and don't forget to look on the floor. They may have dropped a crumb for you.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are hundreds of bills sitting in the Senate being blocked by Democrats
You said this in post # 19

"Some of us dont want or expect the Senate to do anything meaningful. We want the government to step aside and let the free market boost the economy.. The public has far more spending power than the government ever could."

Now you complain about "There are hundreds of bills sitting in the Senate being blocked by Democrats [/quote]"

I'm reminded of a line in the movie OUTLAW JOSE WALES --- "you gona pull those pistols or whistle Dixie."

Old 10-28-2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
If Obama vetos everything that comes across his desk from the GOP then they will have "accomplished nothing" because of Obama but you can bet the media will spin it as "do nothing Republicans" to try and con the voters into putting the democrats back in the majority.
There is RW media and LW media and whatever method you have been brainwashed to follow is the one you will believe. The best liar always wins. Well, most of the time anyway. Those who have thrown of the yoke of public education and evolved to critical thinking will see the facts and make their own assessment. IMO to blame one side for the same thing both sides do is attempting to deal off the bottom of the deck. It's argumentative and calls for a narrative.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The government stepping aside and allowing the citizens to expand the free market enterprise doesnt result to national destruction.

What on gods earth lead you to that conclusion?
If you thing your going to vote someone in office who cares what you want and will do it. You are delusional. Unless you are a lobbyist offering a bribe they don't know you and they don't want too either. Unless they need their shoes shined.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:23 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
No one in a position of power cares about me. I'm fine with that. They don't care about you either. The one you select in the primary doesn't care about you. The one you elect to office doesn't care about you. They care about the owners of this country, that's the ones they work for.
They don't work for you. You work for them and you do it for free. Trying to convince others to vote for your party and accept any of the crumbs left, while the real owners have made off with the whole cake. The owners pay lobbyist to offer bribes that are accepted and the vote is made for their interest. Not yours, not now , not ever.
Politicians are no more that circus performers and you are there to cheer them on so the perception of choice is picked up by media and the lie is continued. 50 years of participating and watching the decline calls for a change in action or you can continue the insanity. That's the real choice we all have. Good luck, and don't forget to look on the floor. They may have dropped a crumb for you.
Were you oh-so-smart independents to register for one party or the other, we could force them to represent the middle class.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
You said this in post # 19

"Some of us dont want or expect the Senate to do anything meaningful. We want the government to step aside and let the free market boost the economy.. The public has far more spending power than the government ever could."

Now you complain about "There are hundreds of bills sitting in the Senate being blocked by Democrats
"

I'm reminded of a line in the movie OUTLAW JOSE WALES --- "you gona pull those pistols or whistle Dixie."[/quote]
Yes I said that.. I'm simply stating a FACT.. Whats your point?

i'm not complaining about it, I said this in response to your statement that Republicans have been doing nothing, the fact is, its Democrats sitting on bills.

I'm sorry you don tlike to be corrected, but dont say ridiculous lies and it wont happen.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:26 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
You think the billionaires who finance both parties are opposed to unlimited immigration?
Less than 500 billionaires in America and I doubt these people employee illegals if you research their businesses or income sources.

Legal immigrants are and have always been important to American's success and will continue to be embraced with open arms by our citizens. We need them. However, Obama's push to bypass our Immigration Laws by Executive Order and open the border to illegals is an obvious attempt to buy their votes, a slap in the face to our two other branches of government, and a negative economic influence on American jobs.

Americans aren't unaware that they will be losing jobs to the open borders and many groups, including union and minority groups, are fighting the President. A quick Google search will yield many hits on this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies