Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,362,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Define their guardians motives...

I don't even bother because of the trash which gets dumped off to trick or treat the neighborhood. Most of my neighbors are of the same mind.
RACIST? Oh yeah, my black neighbors are racists. All of them. They can't believe it themselves. I have been asked - "Where do these kids come from?" I shrug and tell them I have seen it for years.

Why not go to Walmart, spend $20 on candy and give it to your kids rather than schlep them around to neighborhoods better than your own so they can panhandle candy from nice people? What kind of values does this teach kids?

Let's go where the well to do people are and take theirs?
Calling little kids "trash"? Typical cancerous right-winger. You really expect me to believe a person such as yourself speaks to his black neighbors? Haha, good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 06:02 PM

16,850 posts, read 10,487,493 times
I think kids should only go around in their own neighborhoods. They shouldn't just go to places where they think "rich" people live. Realistically though, there is no way to tell where a kid is from and nothing to stop them from lying so it's not like anything can be done about this.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:06 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,498,325 times
Default This would be a Good One for the SCOTUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's easy to ban certain kids. Security exists for a reason. They could simply just stop letting nonresidents into the neighborhood.
OK let someone try that and see the lawsuits roll into the SCOTUS.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:09 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,215,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
OK let someone try that and see the lawsuits roll into the SCOTUS.
SCOTUS wouldn't do anything.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:11 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,443,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I think kids should only go around in their own neighborhoods. They shouldn't just go to places where they think "rich" people live. Realistically though, there is no way to tell where a kid is from and nothing to stop them from lying so it's not like anything can be done about this.
Some people live in neighborhoods were not everyone is giving out candy--or you have a lot of apartments or something else. Where I live now there's areas where a lot of the homeowners just shut their lights off on Halloween(indicating obviously that they're not participating).. Sometimes you have to go out to the suburban areas with lots of families were everyone takes trick or treating seriously(you can tell when you're in a good area when there's big Halloween displays up). So, it's not as if every kid really has good options for trick or treating where they live.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:13 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,498,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Anything for the rich to keep their foot on the neck of the less fortunate, I guess.

What's really sad, is I can already picture so many tight wad asshats telling little kids to their face to take a hike because they don't "belong", and making damned sure they know that's the reason why.

Pathetic.
You are officially rep'ed +1

Old 10-28-2014, 06:18 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,348,822 times
So, we should bus the rich kids to poor neighborhoods just to show 'em.

Worked out great for schools didn't it?

Old 10-28-2014, 06:19 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,151,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Turn off your lights and don't give out candy

or

give them candy

or

get your house egged

... and robbed next week

Old 10-28-2014, 06:21 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,151,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Omg, why would this bug you and what does this have to do with taxes. Who cares where the kids come from. It's halloween so let them have fun. It's just candy you are giving away. What is the big deal.
I know how many kids live in my neighborhood and plan accordingly. The problem is the 15 year old hood rats with no costume who bang on your door and demand candy.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:22 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,348,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Why do poor people trick or treat in the rich neighborhoods

Someone had a good idea–

keep one bowl of Snickers and Kit-Kat bars for the neighborhood trick-or-treaters, and another bowl full of cheap circus peanuts for the poor, out-of-town kids.

Nah, my plan is to check the 'Best by' expiration date codes on the candy and make sure the rich kids get the freshest ones.

Trouble is, how we gonna know which kid is the poorest if they're all wearing disguises.

Crap, there goes my plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies