Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 01:48 PM

24,835 posts, read 37,322,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well don't you just sound like a real pleasant person
I have come home so beat one more trip to the door would have been a real chore.

Everyone has their own needs........we do not always understand the needs of others.

Be kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 03:38 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,592,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The way the world is going, most of us who work for a living and have money in the bank will be living in neighborhoods gated off with controlled access, even middle class people. I don't want thugs walking up and down my street riding the bus from the city. I pay my taxes, when I get home I should have some peace. I've earned it. I have to put up with these idiots during the work day.
Pathetic!

[quote=blktoptrvl;37074900]I buy as much candy as I can afford, and I walk up and down the steps to my front door all night as long as they keep coming.

I don't care where they are from, what their socio-economic strata is; what their race is, or even how old they are as long as they feel like kids it is their right to go TOT anywhere they can get to. Anyone who wants to deny them just because they are not from the neighborhood is a loser - no matter how rich you think you are.[/quote]

Old 10-30-2014, 04:39 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,834,139 times
As long as they are wearing costumes I don't see the problem.

What I find annoying is when kids (from any neighborhood) come over with absolutely no attempt at any sort of costume and ask for candy. At the very least when I was a kid we'd wear old jeans (the older and rattier the better), use magic marker to draw a beard, and tie a bandanna on a stick. I think I was a hobo for 3 or 4 years straight - but at least I had respect for the holiday.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:06 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,406,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
This isn't the dumbest, non-issue topic I've ever seen on ths forum......but it's probably in the top 10.

Kids all over the country have always traveled out of their own neighborhoods to where the "good stuff" is.

So what?
Now people want to make it a political, have's vs have not's issue?

Spare me.....
This forum is loaded with right-wingers. This might not even scratch the top 10 list of dumbest, most repulsive topics this week.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:17 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,015,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
This forum is loaded with right-wingers. This might not even scratch the top 10 list of dumbest, most repulsive topics this week.
The OP is not conservative.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:23 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,454,770 times
Quote:
The OP feeds all who come his door. . This dumbest topic and "Dear Prudence" article has been discussed on major media this week including TIME magazine.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:20 PM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times
[quote=fitzy24;37084797]Pathetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I buy as much candy as I can afford, and I walk up and down the steps to my front door all night as long as they keep coming.

I don't care where they are from, what their socio-economic strata is; what their race is, or even how old they are as long as they feel like kids it is their right to go TOT anywhere they can get to. Anyone who wants to deny them just because they are not from the neighborhood is a loser - no matter how rich you think you are.[/quote]

You know what's pathetic? The fact that I can't live near where I work because of the behavior of the people who live in that neighborhood. I don't want to live with bars on my windows. If not for the criminals, it would be a great area to live.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:30 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,466,982 times
"well, I don't really like it but it's nothing we can do......ehmm...I mean....why don't they go in their own neighborhoods.....I know they are poor and probably their own neighborhood is too dangerous... but still...why do they have to come to our neighborhood? "

^^^

People are disgusting. Halloween is a kids "holiday". Who the hell cares if some rich kids gets to share the candy with the poor kids. What a screwed up mentality.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 PM

15,522 posts, read 10,483,166 times
Quote:
This topic is great. I say kids have a constitutional right to trick or treat wherever they want.

Last edited by elan; 10-30-2014 at 07:39 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 07:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,665,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Someone did mention how kids where coming across the border to "trick or treat" guess this is nothing new!
Good grief! We lived in a "mixed" neighborhood, and I don't see a city street as "the border".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies