Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 08:46 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of spending money on candy, and I'm tired of making kids happy.

So......

.....this year, I decided I would sit on my porch, and when kids walked up to give me their standard "Trick or Treat" greeting, I whipped out my authentic Barack Obama mask (complete with gray hair), put it on, then proceeded to reach into each kid's bag and take whatever I wanted.

Their mouths wide open, I then said "Now beat it, or I'll sic the IRS on your parents!"

Soimething tells me they won't be back next year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 09:12 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Well, if these so called poor kids can still make to your "rich" neighborhood asking for candy, you are really not that rich. Truth hurts. but oh well..

Old 10-31-2014, 09:26 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm tired of spending money on candy, and I'm tired of making kids happy.

So......

.....this year, I decided I would sit on my porch, and when kids walked up to give me their standard "Trick or Treat" greeting, I whipped out my authentic Barack Obama mask (complete with gray hair), put it on, then proceeded to reach into each kid's bag and take whatever I wanted.

Their mouths wide open, I then said "Now beat it, or I'll sic the IRS on your parents!"

Soimething tells me they won't be back next year.

Lol....you are such an a hole.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So, you aren't the one who has the spend a crazy amount on candy, nor are you the one whose yard is torn up until March/April looking like a big muddy mess.
LOL, being a little overdramatic, aren't we?

Old 10-31-2014, 09:53 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
LOL, being a little overdramatic, aren't we?
It killed all the grass where there was a straight shot to the door from the neighbor's house, as opposed to walking around on the walkway. It did not have a chance to revive until spring therefore every time it rained or snowed it got muddy. So was it the whole yard? Hardly. But, it was enough to be an annoying reminder for months. Like I said, originally we were going to try to find a way to rope off the yard but in the end joined the other neighbors (who also had the same problem with their yards last year) in just not participating. Only one house participated on our street tonight; she said quite a few of the parents were complaining about her being the only one on the street.

I would also like to point out that the nearest shopping center and mall both had trick-or-treating opportunities. We have already decided to not participate next year.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:56 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Didn't read the whole thread, the title just seems very, very selfish.

About killing the grass? Seems like the grass was not very strong to begin with.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:08 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to participate trick or treating. It's your money after all.

Last night we went to our usual spot. Every house for several blocks participated. It was so cool. The owners handing out candy were dressed up, Most of the houses were decorated and some of them went all out with smoke machines, flying ghosts and witches. There must have been several hundreds kids strolling the streets in the hour and a half we were out.

Other than he weather it was allot of fun!

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 11-01-2014 at 07:31 AM..

Old 11-01-2014, 07:13 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to participate trick or treating. It's your money after all.

Last night we went to our usual spot. Every house for several blocks participated. It was so cool. The owners handing out candy were dressed up, Most of the houses were decorated and some of them went all out with smoke detectors, flying ghosts and witches. There must have been several hundreds kids strolling the streets in the hour and a half we were out.

Other than he weather it was allot of fun!
Yeah. Definitely a lot of fun!

My neighborhood is famous for Halloween and Christmas decoration. We have a lot of travelers visiting during those time. Taking videos and all. Everybody decorates, it becomes a tradition and some kind of competition. My neighborhood is very nice, kids behave and respect rules. I think most people just want to have some good time.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
We had less Trick-or-Treaters last night, than in many years past.

When we first moved in, we didn't have very many kids making the rounds.
2 years ago was the most we ever had. I ran out of candy and had to turn the light off. 1st time that ever happened.
Last night the doorbell rang maybe 10 times, with 2 or 3 at a time. All the kids in the neighborhood are growing up.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Have some fun and carve a pumpkin! I do believe before outdoor lighting candles and pumpkins were the universal sign, for witches and goblins.

Where is the witch in you??

So much for old people who just want a porch light on to let the cat out.......

Two hundred $$$$ on candy for the poor.......ummmmm.
Oh, I'm a witch, believe me! Just ask my kids!

We did carve pumpkins, but I have to say, every year it seems like more work. The porch light works just fine. Who needs to turn on the light to let the cat out? They have that "X-ray" vision!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies