Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
An instant classic via the Federalist and a concise demonstration of what the Denver Post had in mind when it endorsed Gardner a few weeks ago, dismissing Mark “Uterus” Udall’s incessant war-on-women messaging in Colorado as an “obnoxious one-issue campaign [and] an insult to those he seeks to convince.” Here’s NARAL backing Udall up with the stupidest ad of the campaign, in which a guy who — famously — backs making birth control available over the counter somehow becomes the grim reaper of prophylactics, singlehandedly banning the pill and triggering a run on condoms coast to coast. I’m surprised that NARAL thinks he’d leave condoms alone; if the GOP’s goal, as more excitable feminists assure themselves, is to keep women pregnant and out of the work force, it makes no sense to leave condoms on the shelves after the pill has disappeared. Maybe NARAL figured that a simple double-standard critique was more effective. Sure, Cory will allow birth control for men, but not for women. Apart from the freely available OTC birth control for women that he supports, I mean.
Link: Audio: The unintentionally funny “Cory Gardner’s going to cause a condom shortage” NARAL attack ad « Hot Air

NARAL Ad: Cory Gardner Is Totally Going To Ban Condoms - YouTube

The best part of the ad is the way the guy has to explain everything to his ignorant girlfriend and even calls her "Sweet Pea."

Way to reinforce gender stereotypes NARAL! Unbelievably terrible ad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 10:30 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
New NARAL Attack Ad: Cory Gardner is Totally Going to Ban Condoms
This thread title is a lie. The add doesn't say Cory Gardner wants to ban condoms. It says he wants to ban the other forms of birth control leaving condoms as the primary option.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
This thread title is a lie. The add doesn't say Cory Gardner wants to ban condoms. It says he wants to ban the other forms of birth control leaving condoms as the primary option.
That's the best you got? LOL, this is shaping up to be a wonderful election cycle. The buffoonery from the left doesn't stop!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
That's the best you got? LOL, this is shaping up to be a wonderful election cycle. The buffoonery from the left doesn't stop!
I was simply pointing out that you're lying. I don't like liars.

As to the add, I think it's stupid and condescending.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I was simply pointing out that you're lying. I don't like liars.

As to the add, I think it's stupid and condescending.
I'm not lying - that title is the title on the youtube video. Take it up with them. Your personal attacks violate the TOS so you might wanna scale it back a bit champ.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'm not lying - that title is the title on the youtube video. Take it up with them. Your personal attacks violate the TOS so you might wanna scale it back a bit champ.
Are you not responsible for the words you say - the words you type and then publish? And how is telling the objective truth a personal attack?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:21 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
The only campaign being run worse than Udall in CO is Davis in TX. Cory Gardner has a +3.3 point average lead over Udall across all current polls. Gardner is more likeable, is running a better campaign, and isn't insulting the entire electorate with a single issue, meme campaign like Mark "Uterus" Udall. In fact, Udall is almost single handed killing any effectiveness the Democrats' war on women strategy had left, he's overplayed it so badly in CO.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Are you not responsible for the words you say - the words you type and then publish? And how is telling the objective truth a personal attack?
No, I'm not responsible for how youtube titles its videos. And yes, you calling me a liar for posting the thread is certainly a personal attack.

Got it?

Old 10-29-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not responsible for how youtube titles its videos. And yes, you calling me a liar for posting the thread is certainly a personal attack.

Got it?
No, I don't got it. You're wrong on both counts.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The only campaign being run worse than Udall in CO is Davis in TX. Cory Gardner has a +3.3 point average lead over Udall across all current polls. Gardner is more likeable, is running a better campaign, and isn't insulting the entire electorate with a single issue, meme campaign like Mark "Uterus" Udall. In fact, Udall is almost single handed killing any effectiveness the Democrats' war on women strategy had left, he's overplayed it so badly in CO.
I have to endure dozens of Udall adds every day. He's certainly not running a single issue campaign, and the add that's the subject of this thread is not from the Udall campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies