Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 02:56 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Buying a home on the coast is a risk some homeowners choose, but the rest of us shouldn't have to pay for the results of that decision when the inevitable happens.

The guy was rude and Christie gave it back to him. I liked Christie's response.
Tell that to Florida, where the rest of the state subsidizes the insurance for coastal and low lying homes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 02:58 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,511,606 times
With all the usage of the word "thug" from rightwingers, in Christie, we have the epitome of a thug, yet your blind partisanship keeps you from seeing it.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:58 PM

15,596 posts, read 10,340,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
You do realize NY/NJ is completely surrounding by water. Its not just e those living off the shore. You have folks in Jersey City, Hoboken NJ and the Islands in NY that are still not in their home or are waiting for repairs. That was the WORST storm ever on record in the North East.
People in JC and Hoboken live, effectively, on the Atlantic Ocean. I do know, by first hand experience. Hurricane of 1938 was worst, I think. Living on the coast is an amazing lifestyle. Accept the consequences or don’t buy there. Taxpayers should not be responsible.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:22 PM

11,318 posts, read 16,638,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Haha, heck no, two years was two years too many for me. I have no interest punishing myself by living a few decades in New Jersey when there are beautiful states out there like Oregon I could be living in. New Jersey may be a great place for you, but it was an awful place for me, and the two years I was there I saw more than my fair share of New Jersey politics and I didn't like what I saw.
So maybe it would be wise for people to follow Christie's advice instead of talking about things they have no knowledge of.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:10 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,904,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The heckler was rude though. Continuously interrupting so I don't blame Christie at all.
Heckling politicians is as American as apple pie. Good for the heckler; and I'm a registered Republican.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,102,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
So maybe it would be wise for people to follow Christie's advice instead of talking about things they have no knowledge of.
Yep, Christie has shown he has no care for the people of New Jersey, he simply cares about himself and will bully anyone who thinks otherwise.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:05 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,711,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Buying a home on the coast is a risk some homeowners choose, but the rest of us shouldn't have to pay for the results of that decision when the inevitable happens.

The guy was rude and Christie gave it back to him. I liked Christie's response.
But the money is already paid to the state of NJ. This guy was asking what happened to it after it got to NJ. Where did it go? Is Christie and his pals holding the money somewhere?

Mr. Keady was trying to find out where *your* money went. Christie doesn't want to say.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:40 PM

31,955 posts, read 14,961,849 times
I like christie. He is not a polished politician who chooses his words correctly to not offend anyone. And he doesn't read from some script. He just tells it like it is. I like that. I want someone real.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:00 AM

9,316 posts, read 16,624,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Uhm no what we would get is more of the same. Did you forget his first campaign promises to the unions and teachers. As soon as he got in office he broke every last one of them. Don't get me wrong, I believe the unions are over bloated, however Christie is the same lying politician as all others in office. To believe otherwise your living in an alternate reality.
Christie tried to govern a non-governorable state. With so much debt due to the unions/pensions etc., the many fiefdoms in the school systems, police, state government, it's a losing battle. Personally I am fed up with ALL politicians, promises, lies, and screwing the American people. I still find Christie refreshing.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:52 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,213,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Tell that to Florida, where the rest of the state subsidizes the insurance for coastal and low lying homes

You don't know what you are talking about......I pay a lot on my homeowners policy for wind damage and flooding...

Just sounds to me that some people in NJ thinks that FEMA should pay for the hurricane damage to their homes...I had a lot of damage to my home from hurricane Ike and what my insurance did not pay I had to pay myself....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies