Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,382,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's a constitutional issue about your right to privacy. He's not a "sex offender". That term gets thrown about way too much.

Go ahead and take nude pics of a women through her window without her consent. It's not only creepy but sex offender category. This isn't too far off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 02:24 PM

45,026 posts, read 26,183,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It is NO secret that I don't care for hammerguy at ALL, but you're wrong, Frank. He (or she) didn't do any such thing.
Sorry they did.
In other words, "I don't know why that rape victim wore that skirt in the first place"

Old 10-30-2014, 02:30 PM

38,975 posts, read 27,367,691 times
I drew a lot of nudity of myself and others when I was in art school. I don't think nudity is a big deal.

Having said that, without a model release signed by that person, can result in civil liability lawsuit. What these cops did is absolutely illegal. They should be arrested. But I hope this is not another reason for people to say "All cops are bad because they are all perverts."

Old 10-30-2014, 02:32 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,243,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Why anyone would take a naked picture of him or herself and store it on an electronic device is beyond me.

Beat me to it.

Any female that carries nude photos of herself in her phone is a freak!

Old 10-30-2014, 02:55 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,331,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I agree. That being said, everyone knows the CA cops are the thickest slime on the planet, so, why would
any female give up their cell phone or password ?
People with a .29 BAC aren't known for having the best judgement. Apparently in CA someone who is drunk can't legally give consent to have sex, but can consent to having the police access to their data.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, this is even more reason to mistrust LE. When will the citizens join together to strip LE of their unlimited power. Our government is totally out of control.
----------------------

A California highway patrolman says that for several years he has participated in a “game” in which he and other police officers shared explicit pictures they had taken from the cell phones of female arrestees.

Sean Harrington, a 35-year-old CHP officer, was initially being investigated for sending five explicit pictures from the cell phone of a 23-year-old woman he had arrested on Aug. 29 for a DUI, the Contra Costa Times reported.

The woman came forward earlier this month and told authorities that during her DUI stop — during which she registered a 0.29 blood-alcohol level — Harrington asked for the password to her cell phone, which she provided.

The woman told authorities that she later discovered that content from her Apple iPhone had been transferred to an unknown phone number while she was in custody. The record of the forwarding was deleted from the phone, but it showed up on her iPad – the two devices were synced. When she did not recognize the number to which the photos had been sent, she researched and found that it belonged to Harrington.

As disturbing as that allegation is, the Contra Costa Times dove deeper and uncovered several new twists.

According to court records obtained by the Times, Harrington said that he had done the same thing to other women “half dozen times in the last several years.”

Cops Shared Nude Pictures Of Nude Female Arrestees | The Daily Caller
So one CA cop is a pervert, not sure why is this even newsworthy. Another opportunity for people to bash police officers, I guess.

Human nudities are beautiful, I drew so many. I love to draw beautiful naked men. So what? But if I share their naked pictures with other girls, I can get sued. This cop is an idiot, but he is only responsible for his own actions.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,443,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Never the less, it's not your right to look.
It is law enforcement's right to look. But, of course, not to share or keep copies.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:57 PM

15,580 posts, read 10,299,072 times
I agree with hammertime. This young woman lacked common sense to put those pics on her phone.

Cop is also a perv and a thief if he stole her pics.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:01 PM

17,490 posts, read 17,359,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So one CA cop is a pervert, not sure why is this even newsworthy. Another opportunity for people to bash police officers, I guess.

Human nudities are beautiful, I drew so many. I love to draw beautiful naked men. So what? But if I share their naked pictures with other girls, I can get sued. This cop is an idiot, but he is only responsible for his own actions.
Only one caught doesn't mean he wasn't the only one doing this

Old 10-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Only one caught doesn't mean he wasn't the only one doing this
I am not sure what point you are trying to make, but ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies