Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 09:12 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,077,472 times

Advertisements

I guess the Samsung smart phone will be getting my business.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I guess the Samsung smart phone will be getting my business.
But are you sure there ain't none of those 'happy' people on Samsung's board?

Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
how do you expect gay people to talk about their lives? not say anything at all because some people are "tired" of hearing about it? they should just keep their personal everyday lives to themselves?
What the hell are you talking about?

There is a person in this very thread saying "straight people shove their straight sexuality down our throat on daily basis by mentioning pregnancy, family life, or whatever."

I have news for you. Lesbian women get pregnant on daily basis. To assume a pregnant woman = straight is down right ignorant. When I see a pregnant woman, I just see a pregnant woman, period. I don't think she shove her sexuality down my throat, I don't assume she has vaginal sex because I don't give a damn what she did several months ago. It doesn't concern me.

You have never answered my question. and I am going to ask again. Plus, I was asking a gay guy that question, but since you believe you can answer my question for somebody else, then I am going to ask again.

I have been approached by three lesbians, and I told them "NOT interested." One told me, "everybody has bisexuality tendency, you are just denying or lying to yourself." I am asking you, Is it fair to me? Did she shove her sexuality down my throat?

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-31-2014 at 09:27 AM..

Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,468,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yeah, right. A "gift" from God, who calls homosexuality an "abomination?"

Can someone really be "proud" of being a sexual deviate? A pervert?

Let the flack fly! You won't change my view. Call me names, marginalize me, ridicule me. It won't change my view, and I don't give a damn what you think of God or Christianity. I know for whom I serve.
You speak for God? You know that god did not create gays too? Much of the views and opinions are interpretations of the bible, not a book of science, but a book from over 2000 years ago and not even the original or a second copy, but many, many copies, often rewritten with new interpretations into different languages, not verbatim. It is the people that have interpreted the words of the bible into what ever it means to them, it is they that have made homosexuality an abomination in their gods eyes, an evil, a deviant. If your gods created everything on this world, including this world, did it not also create all the homosexual and hermaphrodite animals? But this is not the religion forum, so I apologize. Good for Tim coming out. I am a year older then he is, came out to my Mom when I was 18, but she was the only one I approached with it. If someone assumes I am straight and they don't ask, I don't care one way or the other. Being out means not fearing being outed by some bigot for cruel intentions. Since homosexuality is not unatural and is normal and someones god is not a determination of what is or is not normal in the animal kingdom or the medical field, for there is no proof of a god or of creation, but more then enough proof of evolution and that the world is over 4 billion years old, we do not use the bible to bear witness on what is or is not normal.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
. But are you sure there ain't none of those 'happy' people on Samsung's board?
What those happy people do with their lives is their own personal business. However when they make insulting comments about God. Then where I want to take my business to is my personal business.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM

68,299 posts, read 54,193,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
What those happy people do with their lives is their own persinal business. However when they make insulting comments about God. Then where I want to take my business to is my business.

Oh?

How do you feel about products made by Godless Chinese Communists ?

THEY don't insult God?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:23 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You speak for God? You know that god did not create gays too? Much of the views and opinions are interpretations of the bible, not a book of science, but a book from over 2000 years ago and not even the original or a second copy, but many, many copies, often rewritten with new interpretations into different languages, not verbatim. It is the people that have interpreted the words of the bible into what ever it means to them, it is they that have made homosexuality an abomination in their gods eyes, an evil, a deviant. If your gods created everything on this world, including this world, did it not also create all the homosexual and hermaphrodite animals? But this is not the religion forum, so I apologize. Good for Tim coming out. I am a year older then he is, came out to my Mom when I was 18, but she was the only one I approached with it. If someone assumes I am straight and they don't ask, I don't care one way or the other. Being out means not fearing being outed by some bigot for cruel intentions. Since homosexuality is not unatural and is normal and someones god is not a determination of what is or is not normal in the animal kingdom or the medical field, for there is no proof of a god or of creation, but more then enough proof of evolution and that the world is over 4 billion years old, we do not use the bible to bear witness on what is or is not normal.
God created mankind in his own image.

We are all the same.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
. Oh?

How do you feel about products made by Godless Chinese Communists ?

THEY don't insult God?

Being a business owner myself. Whenever possible I try to purchase products made in America

Old 10-31-2014, 10:29 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,808,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven't publicly acknowledged it either, until now," writes Cook. "So let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."
Spoiler
Cook says he's been open with others about being gay, but felt compelled to publicly come out to help others. "I don't consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I've benefited from the sacrifice of others," writes Cook. "So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it's worth the trade-off with my own privacy."

Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'

The tide of public opinion and laws in this country has already turned in favor of gay marriage. Maybe Cook's coming-out can help turn the tide more decisively against workplace discrimination, too. As Cook noted, it's bad for business.

Your thoughts?
Bottom line... he's admitted he doesn't feel guilty about masturbation, something boys should get beyond by time they're twelve, if even necessary.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:01 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,468,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand what you are saying. I really do. Like I said earlier, I have a lot of gay friends. It is really a non-issues. Maybe I am living a very sheltered life, I constantly ask myself, "Do we still have people who cannot accept gays and lesbians?" and I realize we still do. For that, I am very sorry that you have to deal with this.

But can you try to put yourself in our shoes? You see a person in this very thread saying that straight folks shove straight sexuality down your throat by mentioning kids and family life. How do you suggest we talk about everyday life then?

I honestly believe most people truly don't care. There are some folks don't get the gay life style, unfortunately, there are still some folks believe homosexuality is a choice. But most people really don't care about what others do behind closed doors.

I have been approached by three lesbian maybe bisexual women when I was in college. I told them I wasn't interested. They were very nice and didn't push the issue. But one lady told me that everybody has bisexuality tendency, especially woman. So I was just lying to myself. Is it fair for me I must ask. Do you think she shoved her sexuality down my throat?
You seem to be very willing to understand. Usually if someone who thought I was straight, then finds out I am gay, they then restrain their heterosexuality in front of me, where as before they knew I was gay and assumed I was straight, would wolf whistle at girls or women in front of me, make comments about what they would do etc. Its funny, some will late do something like see a man walk by and ask me if he is my type. I really don't care either, but if someone wants to talk about their family, their kids, their pets, what ever, matters not to me, I am a listener, not a judger. Well, as to that behind the closed doors thing, I find out way too much from some of my straight friends what they do behind closed doors or wish to. WOW, I can tell you some things, but I won't .

I have been aggressively approached my both straight men and straight women that wanted to convince me that having sex with a woman was the only way and that they could set me up, flattering, but I was not interested. The agression towards gays, from straights, telling them that they chose to be gay and with it the condemnation and laws against us, again from straights. STRAIGHTS that seem to know that gays chose to be gay, SORRY, but with the gay community the consensus is that we did not make a choice. Is that fair? You are not questioned about your heterosexuality on a daily basis or have to hide it. And the aggression I have been exposed to from people who find out I am gay and use their bible to thump me over the head with, is that fair. I do not care what one god, multi gods or demi gods anyone believes in, but dang it, stop using it as a sword to smite your enemies.

I have been around all guy groups gay and straight, more of the latter and they are all pigs, Sorry guys I let the secret out. Men are pigs, at least most of them, gay or straight. If they are straight and think I am too, phew, the things they say about women. Gay men act really proper if they think I am straight, but, Phew, the things they say about men if they find out I am gay. This is just my observasation. Women I get along with all around, straight and lesbian. But I had issues with men when I was young that led me to women as a source of trust and protection. But I have met some women too that are quite open and expressive about their sexuality. It does not bother me, but I can see how it could bother others. I think it is that since the majority of people are straight, they do not see that straight is advertised everywhere and when it is gay, it seems as if it is in your face. We are here and we are gay and we are US citizens too, much of the dissent and in your face that people are seeing is because we are still fighting the issue of full equal rights in the US, equal rights that should not be based on anyones religious beliefs or because they are straight, they should be a given. This marriage issue based on sexual orientation should not be an issue in the USA, our rights are not based on any bible, but on the Federal Constitution. Is it fair that we gays have to keep fighting for equality, when the majority, as in straight people, want to deny it to us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies