Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 02:13 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Do you realize your post could have been written in 1973? Guess what - things aren't going to change just because they upset your delicate sense of what is acceptable behavior.

Let me finish part of your quote, though: Get used to it.
You just made his point for him, without even realizing it. These people come out of the closet as if to say "Look at me! I said LOOK AT ME! I love having X, Y, Z type of sex. The way I like to have sex is a gift from god. If you don't care about me saying this, then I'm gonna go all judgmental on you, call you a 40 year throwback, and I'll apply other uncomplimentary assumptions about you too."

It's the same with they pop starts who come out for Obama, or proudly tell us how liberal they are, and how green they are. Then, if people don't completely embrace them and agree with them, then they go off on us as being yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
What the hell are you talking about?

There is a person in this very thread saying "straight people shove their straight sexuality down our throat on daily basis by mentioning pregnancy, family life, or whatever."

I have news for you. Lesbian women get pregnant on daily basis. To assume a pregnant woman = straight is down right ignorant. When I see a pregnant woman, I just see a pregnant woman, period. I don't think she shove her sexuality down my throat, I don't assume she has vaginal sex because I don't give a damn what she did several months ago. It doesn't concern me.

You have never answered my question. and I am going to ask again. Plus, I was asking a gay guy that question, but since you believe you can answer my question for somebody else, then I am going to ask again.

I have been approached by three lesbians, and I told them "NOT interested." One told me, "everybody has bisexuality tendency, you are just denying or lying to yourself." I am asking you, Is it fair to me? Did she shove her sexuality down my throat?
No, she was being rude. How about when I am told by men that they could convert me to hetero? Or I just haven't had a real man yet? Or the winner that said he would **** me straight? Is that fair to me? Is that heterosexuals shoving their sexuality down my throat? No, I realize that it is just rude people.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Cool. I still don't like apple products though.
**fist bump**

That is exactly what I was going to say.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
No, she was being rude. How about when I am told by men that they could convert me to hetero? Or I just haven't had a real man yet? Or the winner that said he would **** me straight? Is that fair to me? Is that heterosexuals shoving their sexuality down my throat? No, I realize that it is just rude people.
I had similar things said to me when I was in New Orleans, by gay men, and I'm straight.

Your point?

Its men dear, not the sexuality

Old 10-31-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
**fist bump**

That is exactly what I was going to say.
Well, I did like my ipod, but that was before pandora. Now it is sitting in the junk drawer.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:28 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you may want to re read your own posts. in your last one you said straight people when talking about their families was NOT shoving their sexuality down your throat. I asked how then can a gay person talk about their families and NOT be shoving it down people's throats?

I asked you several pages back a question that you ignored. you gonna ever answer that one? I did not answer your question, which you posed to another poster because it was not asked of me. now that you are asking me would I think a member of my own sex who comes on to me, shoving their sexuality down my throat? no I think it is a pass/flirt the same way I think about it when an opposite sex makes a pass at me.
You might want to ask me again because I didn't pay attention to your question.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I have been discriminated against when I was single with no children. Who has to work late at a factory when overtime is needed? Well Tom has kids, he needs to get home. Memphis is single, no kids, guess what, he has to stay and work. What if I had plans? Maybe Tom should have to stay late from time to time.

Discrimination comes in all shapes, forms and sizes. I have no issue with homosexuals, do as you please. If you want to get married, I support that. I don't think you should be fired for being Gay, but other people get fired for lots of other reasons, some far less then their sexual connotations. Thats just the reality of the world, its not a pretty place.

What bugs me about homosexuals is that, like when I worked cellular in Florida, people were afraid to go to the damned beach because homosexuals would take it over during the "southern decadence festival". You couldn't even walk down the beach without seeing all kinds of depravity. Hell I don't want to see people having sex on the beach when they are straight, especially when I have my kids, but guess what, theres two guys under a towel going at it. Hey, I'm very open sexually, I like to find a dark corner with a girl I like as much as the next guy, but I'm not openly having sex on the beach.

That is what people have an issue with. You have parades, show off your sexuality, and try to make a big show out of it. Just be normal people living in a house. I don't care if I see my gay neighbors have sex. If I'm over for a BBQ and you want to grab your boyfriends butt, good for you. It doesn't mean I want you to start having sex in front of me, or going around in a banana hanger with nothing else on flying a rainbow flag.
exactly.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I had similar things said to me when I was in New Orleans, by gay men, and I'm straight.

Your point?

Its men dear, not the sexuality
I was responding to a poster about her being hit on by lesbians. She said it was them shoving their sexuality down her throat. My point ws that there are rude people of every type.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:38 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times

Old 10-31-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Because you are ASSUMED to be straight. If anybody is "shoving" their sexuality, it's heterosexuals. I've had it "shoved" in my face from day one. When you come to work and say you have a wife and kids, or mention what your kids are up to, or when a pregnant woman comes to work, those are all blatant displays of heterosexuality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
e homosexuality is a choice. But most people really don't care about what others do behind closed doors.

I have been approached by three lesbian maybe bisexual women when I was in college. I told them I wasn't interested. They were very nice and didn't push the issue. But one lady told me that everybody has bisexuality tendency, especially woman. So I was just lying to myself. Is it fair for me I must ask. Do you think she shoved her sexuality down my throat?
Quote:
I was responding to a poster about her being hit on by lesbians. She said it was them shoving their sexuality down her throat. My point ws that there are rude people of every type.
If you want to support gay people, go right ahead. i support them too. But seriously, if you want to fight, fight fairly.

The gays and lesbians can say straight people shove sexuality down their throat simply because they (straight people) mention kids and wife. But when I was accused of denying and lying to myself, they were just being rude?

That is not being fair, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies