Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:10 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Obviously not. She is still employed at the school according to the article. With that said, her statements are not defensible and I don't support them.

[i'm discussing her punishment]
She should be fired. It doesn't matter how hypothetical it is, you do not make a threat to do mass murder or genocide. She should be fired for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 01:23 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,485 times
Quote:
Your presumption is incorrect.

And it is not so much that I have no issue with it; it's that I don't think it is a big deal. I stated it before and I'll state it again - what she said was stupid. There obviously should be consequences. But the termination of her employment isn't one them. A suspension (which she received) works for me. For all we know, she also may have received a "consultation" from her supervisor(s) about why saying what she said is unacceptable and unprofessional. She may even have to go to "sensitivity training".

The article doesn't specify the details of her punishment and both sides are probably prohibited from disclosing the details as this is a personnel matter.

[]
You don't think it is a big deal to advocate the mass murder of an entire race? If I were to say I wanted to murder all white people in the world, would you seriously feel the same way? I just don't understand the way you think. I would never support genocide or every be blase about it. I guess people like you are the reason genocide can occur. You just look the other way....

Old 11-01-2014, 01:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You don't think it is a big deal to advocate the mass murder of an entire race? If I were to say I wanted to murder all white people in the world, would you seriously feel the same way? I just don't understand the way you think. I would never support genocide or every be blase about it. I guess people like you are the reason genocide can occur. You just look the other way....
Yes.

And read this:

Quote:
Obviously not. She is still employed at the school according to the article. With that said, her statements are not defensible and I don't support them.

[i'm discussing her punishment]
[overreact - don't do it]

Old 11-01-2014, 05:05 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and she wasn't fired. SMH

N.C. Teacher: I’d Kill All Black People If I Had 10 Days To Live | News One

stay classy Camden County HS
Exactly why there should be no tenure.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
What i think is even more interesting is how some people don't know when to shut the hell up. Blows my mind.
That's what happens when there's no accountability whatsoever, such as with tenured teachers.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
To children in a classroom though? I think that warrants firing.
Absolutely.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why? Why would ANYONE say this out loud in public? To students no less. Seriously...
Tenure. They think there are no consequences. And for the vast majority of cases, they're right.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You really don't know anything about the right. We're the ones that advocate for firing crappy teachers and ones that do stupid things like this. We think it shouldn't have to require months and months of paid leave to do so either.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Moron.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:14 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We are clearly not hearing the whole story from that little news blurb-thing.

What MAY have occurred is that the student is trying to get the teacher in trouble and is lying.

She was off with pay during the investigation and then was cleared and came back to work.

Now the mom is trying to get a pay-day and went to the press with it.

OR

The gal really said it but it's her word against the kid so they didn't have enough evidence.

Either one of those is possible but the local racists have already made up their minds.
I found and posted another article on the incident from a local news station. It had quite a bit more detail in it. They did an investigation and the other children present all said the same thing. I do not think her saying it has been in question - that part is true. The only controversy now is how they dealt with the teacher (e.g. suspending her versus firing her).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies