Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 AM

13,944 posts, read 5,615,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
A man walks down a crowded street. He falls into a manhole.

Liberals in the crowd throw him a rope or ladder to help him climb out. Conservatives stand back and proclaim... "see, this is why people should watch where they are going. They won't fall in holes." They continue on about their day.

Liberals want to protect the poor and vulnerable from the rich and powerful.
Conservatives want to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and vulnerable.

But we're too busy arguing over petty culture wars.

"Morality" in a nutshell.

Liberals wouldn't throw a rope or ladder, they'd grab the nearest cop and demand the cop force someone other than them throw a rope or a ladder. They'd point to the nearest well dressed person and demand they pay for the rope or ladder, most likely leading with an insult about how dare one be well dressed and successful, especially when they are people falling into manholes. After they got the successful person to pay for the rope or ladder, they'd skim 50% off the top, then insult the rope and ladder suppliers for being immoral and charging for their product in a time of need, whipping the crowd into a froth until the rope and ladder makers lower their prices out of fear of a riot. Then they'd form 138 committees to study best how to lower the rope or ladder to rescue the man, but in such a way that the manhole, the fall and gravity become something to blame on conservatives, and then like 41 years later, they lower the rope or ladder down to the long since expired corpse and gripe about how inefficient government is because of conservatives. If you (Opin_Yunated) are in the crowd, manholes will get blamed on white people, and ropes/ladders will be tools for oppression.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
I don't care about being in the 1%. Thanks for proving my point.

Greed.

So.... you're leaving the man in the hole....?

....but you couldn't even throw the man a rope to climb out?

No. I'm not leaving the man in the hole, but shouldn't the man be aware of his surroundings so he doesn't fall in the hole?

Old 10-31-2014, 11:26 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
you do know what Opin_Yuns are like don't you?

Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
I'm not poor. By the time I'm in the 1%, loyal conservative peasants of mine will love me no matter how blatantly I try to ruin their lives.

It's not personal, I made a (truthful) generalization about the ideology.

What is your plan to help the poor?
Your generalization is as far as Mars from the truth.

Most people help each other in times of emergency. No matter what their political ideology.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:50 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,245,013 times
The manhole cover was stolen by a drug addict to sell for scrap metal. He's been arrested 25 times for theft in the past 5 years. The city was notified but the union workers were on strike.
The guy walking in the middle of the street was asked by the police to walk on the sidewalk but was so high he couldn't comprehend why that would be a wise idea. Pretty soon a melee ensued and in the scuffle the man fell into the manhole. A crowd gathered and would not let the police or ambulance through. Stores were looted, rocks and bottles thrown and the liberal media quickly pinned the blame on conservatives as usual. End of story.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:54 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Wow this guy is bitter and full of hate.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:56 AM

488 posts, read 1,176,333 times
Quote:
A man walks down a crowded street. He falls into a manhole.

Liberals in the crowd throw him a rope or ladder to help him climb out. Conservatives stand back and proclaim... "see, this is why people should watch where they are going. They won't fall in holes." They continue on about their day.

Liberals want to protect the poor and vulnerable from the rich and powerful.
Conservatives want to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and vulnerable.

But we're too busy arguing over petty culture wars.

"Morality" in a nutshell.

Thanks for the laugh OY. It's always entertaining to read the hateful bull**** you spew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies