Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 12:37 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No wonder they feel that way.

The governor said they would indict.......the POTUS got evolved.....the press has been all over it.
The POTUS and Holder should have stayed the **** out of it altogether. But I guess that's too much to hope for with this administration.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I am wondering the same thing. Knowing that it is very unlikely that Wilson will be indicted, and all hell is likely to break out, why wait until the evening of a long holiday week to make this sort of announcement?

I understand that the Grand Jury is agnostic as to timing. But maybe it makes sense to "time" the release of their decision to minimize the damage which is likely to ensue.
Well that could work both ways. If Wilson is indicted, you may still have crowds that gather to celebrate, and end up with the same result, too many folks in one place and damage ensues. Kind of like a ball game celebration...

Old 11-24-2014, 12:46 PM

998 posts, read 665,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Well that could work both ways. If Wilson is indicted, you may still have crowds that gather to celebrate, and end up with the same result, too many folks in one place and damage ensues. Kind of like a ball game celebration...
lmao... are you seriously implying that we should be concerned about Wilson supporters causing property damage when the news is announced? These people don't particularly care. They read the news, and then go back to their jobs.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:49 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
lmao... are you seriously implying that we should be concerned about Wilson supporters causing property damage when the news is announced? These people don't particularly care. They read the news, and then go back to their jobs.
I'm not a Wilson supporter or a Brown supporter. Let's see what evidence was used by the grand jury in arriving at their decision. When you try to put people into boxes regarding who they "support," you foment unrest and division.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:50 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It's sad in a way how much you say based on how little you know. Prosecutors don't indict people based on tv interviews. 'Probable cause' isn't determined like that, thank goodness.

Holder's still the AG, running an investigation of Wilson. Maybe he should give you accountability based on tv
I must ask...where has Holder and DoJ been in the dozens of other cases of LE misconduct? Babies blinded for life by flash/bangs, elderly citizens used as ballistic media, citizens who were guilty of nothing, all of a sudden having their door kicked in and getting bat stroked and beaten by Ninja suited stormtroopers because some clown thought their tomatoe plants looked like pot plants. The list goes on and on, with serious injury and loss of life, but have the Feds "investigated" any of it?

No. Only cases of individual confrontation, and only when one of the individuals is of a certain ethnic background. I WO der how many Reginald Denny type crimes will be perpetrated and ignored should this GJ acquit. ?? The threat of such things is certainly being used to sway their verdict. Are not the cold facts enough?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:56 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
NY Times says tonight or early Tuesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us...T.nav=top-news

Old 11-24-2014, 12:57 PM

251 posts, read 641,215 times
My gosh can't even report an accurate time. Just tell us folks!

Old 11-24-2014, 01:01 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
[quote=Curmudgeon;37399151][quote=Gtownoe;37398888]I do so BECAUSE of the evidence presented thus far. There's more than enough probable cause to indict. Let an actual jury sort everything out. Not handle things in secret in some closed room with a biased prosecutor.
Quote:

So in other words, you work for the prosecutors office or you're on the grand jury. I'm surprised either would let you post day-after-day; ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Doubting you're so employed, if at all, I don't find you the least bit creditable. Sorry! You're in no position to know squat. Those of us wise and humble enough to admit we don't either await the legal outcome, not mere speculation, hope and fairy dust.
I'm smart enough to run 3 businesses, one operating internationally. I've also seen this very scenario play out before. I know about grand juries and that they don't always get things right. I've researched this case and the aftermath nearly every day. I doubt there's a poster who's presented more evidence on this case than me. And I was talking about it before Ferguson ever happened.

Nice deflection though. What evidence are you seeing that proves Wilson was justified? Are you saying there is NO probable cause? Are you saying multiple witnesses aren't probable cause?

You don't have to attack me to prove your point is right. You just have to reason.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Thus far there has been no evidence introduced or leaked to the public which has in any way indicated that officer Wilson was culpable. Just because you are prejudging the man and want the GJ to indict is not reason enough to do it...at least in the real world.
Multiple witnesses.

Your saying you know more than those witnesses.

Brown was unarmed. No finger prints on the gun. He was executed 100+ away from the cruiser.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
His family--along with many others--does not seem to care.

They will not be happy with anything less than indictment and trial.

If it goes to trial, they won't be happy with anything less than a conviction.

They do not care about justice, as long as they get what they want, regardless of what the facts say.

We don't know what the findings are yet, but they are already waiting to burn, loot and destroy if they don't get what they want.

Too sad.
If he's not convicted we'll never know what was actually presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies