Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 06:16 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'd like to see those looters try that crap where I live.
Here too.

Not to long ago a young man stole some things from a old man.

He was burned with a curling iron.......and had a bone or, two broke.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:28 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
The system of government we have in this country works. It's not perfect, it can be unfair, criminally blind and wrong. When it does not work there are mechanisms to protest, not perfect but they exist. The goal in the US is to prevent an error and the justice system though battered is designed to find innocence or guilt. We all ache when an innocent person is convicted of a crime that they did not commit. It's a deep wrong. It does damage to our credibility and has been the case where mob rule, prejudice and poor laws interfere with the attempts for justice. Innocence depends upon rational thinking, lack of fear and open minds.

In this case the GJ has had open doors to ask anyone what they know. Not limited by the DA, this case will most likely usher in a time where GJ's have more discretion, more latitude than ever before. Whatever they decide, we can view it as an accomplishment of law and fairness where a DA cannot simply get a GJ to rubber stamp prosecution or lack thereof.

With the case of the shooting and death of Michael Brown, this GJ will see and hear evidence that we do not know. Witnesses, video, and other media that is not released to the public is available to them. There is an overwhelming belief that seeing this evidence, that they will make a fair decision. A life has been lost. Was this due to MB own actions or were the actions of the police officer arbitrary?

We all wait for a fair and reasonable outcome. Officer Wilson is not having much fun these days for the past 100 days since he encountered Michael Brown. Michael Browns family tormented by humiliation and grief.

I do sincerely hope that it's controlled when the decision is announced as we all go there together, as a nation into rational thought or into the abyss of hatred.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
An update of the effort to spread this across the country. Last week I posted the 7 Cities that had signed on to the Ferguson National Response Network - the number now stands at 76 that have "protests" scheduled either the Day OF the Grand Jury Announcement, or the Day AFTER the GJ Announcement. They list the place of the planned protest - this information is valuable if you live in one of these Cities to avoid getting caught up in the hysteria.

Ferguson National Response Network

The Ferguson "peaceful protestors" have released a List of their Targets .... (targets are peaceful of course)
Most of this is office space of a variety of people - a couple of the locations don't make sense unless you have been follow the entire 100 days .... i.e. a few targets are for former employers. Turns out that it's unreasonable for a business to actually expect their employee to come to work, instead of marching in protests. Pay Back Time - the employer goes on the Target List. Most of this is bluster, but the City/County/State is concerned about critical infrastructure - there was a case of vandalism (test?) at a power station last week that shut down electricity for several thousand homes. This is why the National Guard has been called in. They need to shut down the public transportation if it gets totally out of hand.

#Ferguson Protest Group Releases List of Targets, Including: Anheuser Busch, Boeing, Emerson Electric, Airport

I just hope these idiots leave their Children at home this time. They may think it's "cute" to have small children carry signs, I think it's just dumb and dangerous. The Police are on a short leash with Rules of Engagement. The "protestors" presented their Demands to the City - what the police could wear, what kind of vehicle they must drive, what kind of gear they must use and nothing allowed that makes any noise. No protective gear. Allow looting, allow throwing of objects at Police, Police not allowed to follow looters (or for any criminal activity) to Safe Houses.
What you just told us crosses the line into terrorism AND I hope the feds get serious about treating those asshats that way. Too; in all fairness, many of not MOST of those terrorists ain't "locals", they're outsiders trying to start stuff.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:54 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Because people near the apartment complex were opening fire on the medical examiner's vehicle every time they went near the body for over two hours. There was an extensive interview with the livery service driver in the local paper about this.
Why was Michael Brown's body left there for hours? : News
More interesting is that Tony Shahid, the man who created the chant "Hands Up! Don't Shoot!" spent this two hours meeting with five of the six witnesses who went in front of the media. He is better know as the guy with nooses around his neck at protests, but he is also the man in the dark green shirt standing behind Dorian Johnson, Piaget Crenshaw, and Tiffany Mitchell in each of the interviews they gave to the media. A lot of local people thinks he organized the shooting at the livery driver to give him time to coach witnesses.
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the public.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I am not attempting to justify the rioting. I am asking who is going to defend us against civilian police that are rapidly becoming our own version of Political Police tasked with keeping the underclass from ever complaining about their fate.

I am very skeptical as far as the kid "going for the cop's gun" is concerned every cop is taught how to keep his gun in basic cop school. I will wait for the jury.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'd like to see those looters try that crap where I live.
When the last major race riot rocked Miami which appeared as a mini-Rodney King Riot, a television news crew asked the Hispanics living adjacent to the black neighborhoods if they were concerned blacks might come over and burn and loot their businesses. There is a rise in the roadway due to an RR line and cut which separates the neighborhoods.(West 49 street to the locals) The Hispanics, Cuban-Americans, replied to the effect "No, we have guns they cannot imagine and will use them". No blacks came to loot.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:24 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am not attempting to justify the rioting. I am asking who is going to defend us against civilian police that are rapidly becoming our own version of Political Police tasked with keeping the underclass from ever complaining about their fate.

I am very skeptical as far as the kid "going for the cop's gun" is concerned every cop is taught how to keep his gun in basic cop school. I will wait for the jury.
The cop DID keep his gun.

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What you just told us crosses the line into terrorism AND I hope the feds get serious about treating those asshats that way. Too; in all fairness, many of not MOST of those terrorists ain't "locals", they're outsiders trying to start stuff.
Dude, blacks are all talk and only attack when the victim is unaware of the initial attack. Ever been in a street fight? Same thing. Blindside hit and with overwhelming numbers against the unarmed.

No brave Gravedigger stuff for them.

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
No Justice, No Peace.
No Peace for all Quiktrips.

893 posts, read 885,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
There will be riots and it won't just be in Ferguson. There will be cities burning across the nation, St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, LA. This will look like after the MLK shooting. Black people will not tolerate their male children being gunned down by white vigilantes and cops who are subsequently found "innocent" of their crime.
let's not FACTS get in the way of racist rantings. Guessing you thought Trayvon Martin was an innocent little boy too?

People, please get your news from sources other than just those who tell you what you want to hear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies