Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 10:26 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
It WAS definitely a "large on small" crime, though. The clerk he roughed up was quite a bit smaller.
I was being factitious of course. Regardless of race the shop owner did not deserve to be robbed, and Michael Brown should not have been shot so many times after he fled.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:34 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"decent people of Ferguson"
I though most of the Activist and trouble makers were from outside of Ferguson, according most of the Arrest reports
I think most of them are. That's why I hope the decent people of Ferguson do not become their victims. Like I said, I think the number of animalistic thugs will be pretty small. And as many will be white as black. We have mindless criminals of all races.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:51 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Is there a single report of a protester who was ALSO a looter or rioter??

Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The Police were the first to act violently before the protest had gained steam. There were of course violent acts towards the Police as well, but if you don't want all Police criticized for the actions of an individual, don't criticize protesters that way.
That is just NOT true. Michael Brown died on Saturday afternoon. The first 'riot' was Sunday evening and the Police just stood by after they finally arrived an hour & 1/2 later. The Police were not even there when the Quick Trip was looted and then set fire. The looting was rampant and the Police just stood by and then arrested people they caught looting when the crowd settled a bit. No Tear Gas, No Riot Gear, No Mace ..... they stood by and the public (other than the rioters) wanted to know why the Police allowed the destruction. The photos and tweets from the reporter are all time-stamped.

The Riots started again on Sunday and this time the Police were prepared for it ..... as they should be.
It's their JOB to protect property and people. The "peaceful protestors" hit the Galleria, Walmarts and other stores. THEY started the whole thing, not the Police. All of the news media have published Timelines of the Ferguson and St Louis War Zone.

TIMELINE: The Death of Michael Brown and Unrest in Ferguson |CBS St Louis

Old 11-21-2014, 11:04 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think most of them are. That's why I hope the decent people of Ferguson do not become their victims. Like I said, I think the number of animalistic thugs will be pretty small. And as many will be white as black. We have mindless criminals of all races.
Maybe some of the Black Thugs can kill some of the White ones. Net loss of one more thug.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That is just NOT true. Michael Brown died on Saturday afternoon. The first 'riot' was Sunday evening and the Police just stood by after they finally arrived an hour & 1/2 later. The Police were not even there when the Quick Trip was looted and then set fire. The looting was rampant and the Police just stood by and then arrested people they caught looting when the crowd settled a bit. No Tear Gas, No Riot Gear, No Mace ..... they stood by and the public (other than the rioters) wanted to know why the Police allowed the destruction. The photos and tweets from the reporter are all time-stamped.

The Riots started again on Sunday and this time the Police were prepared for it ..... as they should be.
It's their JOB to protect property and people. The "peaceful protestors" hit the Galleria, Walmarts and other stores. THEY started the whole thing, not the Police. All of the news media have published Timelines of the Ferguson and St Louis War Zone.

TIMELINE: The Death of Michael Brown and Unrest in Ferguson |CBS St Louis
Oh but it is true. Many people had showed up to protest and there were high tensions, but not violence. The riots started after a militarized Police force showed up, with dogs, and became aggressive towards the crowd.

I watched the entire thing on live stream. Watched every night for at least the first week.

I've already stated there were incidents of violence towards the Police, but they occurred after the first night of unrest. Everybody was still finding out the details at that point. The story was still spreading.

I wasn't on the ground to confirm, but have been following certain protesters since the beginning. Of course they could be lying and/or be biased, but I've heard that from multiple sources.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I was being factitious of course. Regardless of race the shop owner did not deserve to be robbed, and Michael Brown should not have been shot so many times after he fled.
If Brown choose to grab a cop's gun......Brown choose to be shot.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
If Brown choose to grab a cop's gun......Brown choose to be shot.
There's no evidence Brown grabbed the gun. If he did, there would be prints. Blood splatter was found on the gun. Do you have a link for prints??

Also, what is the justification for the fatal shots Wilson fired when Brown was at least 100 ft. away from the cruiser surrendering?

The report that he was 30 ft away was a lie.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
There's no evidence Brown grabbed the gun. If he did, there would be prints. Blood splatter was found on the gun. Do you have a link for prints??

Also, what is the justification for the fatal shots Wilson fired when Brown was at least 100 ft. away from the cruiser surrendering?

The report that he was 30 ft away was a lie.
Wow, I didn't know you were on the Grand Jury and privy to information that hasn't yet been released to the public.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:24 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
All the left vs. right, KKK vs. black, black vs. white and visa versa, cops vs. demonstrators garbage and posturing aside, for those who don't live in Missouri, deer hunting season opened last weekend. A large portion of the population hunts. That means their guns are in their homes and ready for use. I would certainly hate to think of the possible consequences of demonstrators getting out of control and targeting anyone's homes and/or businesses. Conversely, I would hate to think of police over-reaction as well. None would bode good for anyone.

Time for everyone to calm down and let the courts do their job. Seventy-three pages of speculation and rabble rousing is not helpful. Nor is the MSM's creed of, "If it bleeds it leads!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies