Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2014, 12:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
OK ..... I'm on record with there won't be any KKK running around to St Louis area "threatening protestors". Are you on record saying there WILL be KKK running around "threatening protestors" and maybe even the lynchings that #OpFerguson (Anonymous twitter) is Hysterically warning about?

It's pure Fear Mongering about events that happened many Decades ago (horrible events, but long gone) - it's Hysteria to get people all stirred up and I can that it's worked very well on a few folks around here.

Yes or No? Go on the record now.
I'm telling you what the KKK said. They are the source. They also have ties to some of the Police departments in the area.

What do you think the KKK is? Some sort of peace group? They've killed many people in the past.

They are America's ORIGINAL terrorist organization. Why aren't they being hunted like ISIS?

Old 11-22-2014, 07:00 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
An update on the arrest of the Leader of the St Louis New Black Panthers -- turns out that during the investigation they also discovered a plan to blow up the St Louis Arch and Pipe Bomb materials. Goofy guys - a pipe bomb to blow up the Arch? Those charges are still pending and it looks like they may have found the evidence of the bomb plans in a search of 2 residences.

FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source |Reuters 11/22/14

Odd thing about the reporting on the bomb stuff - CBS broke the story, then removed it. Two local TV stations had the story, both Chicago papers (Tribune & Sun) wrote it and Reuters has it this morning. St Louis Post Dispatch - NOPE.
Word is that the DOJ wanted a lid on it.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:06 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They are America's ORIGINAL terrorist organization. Why aren't they being hunted like ISIS?
They are. The modern day KKK just does not actually do a whole lot illegal anymore. As Chief Belmar said, "The only problem we’ll have if the KKK comes in is the hotels changing the bed sheets. They’re the biggest bunch of bed-wetters."

Old 11-22-2014, 07:11 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I am of the opinion that the grand jury with vote a "no bill".
So am I.

But, I keep hearing the words, "a Grand Jury will indict a ham sandwich".

I also know when I hear all of the facts.........I could feel differently.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Hopefully he's been given the time and resources to get his family waaaaaaay far away from any threat of harm.
I know there has been almost 1/2 a million dollars collected for him.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:17 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
I like CNN's projections.......

GJ decision expected Monday.
GJ decision expected Wednesday.
GJ decision expected Friday.
GJ decision expected this weekend.

Eventually they will get it right if they just keep hyping the story.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:42 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So am I.

But, I keep hearing the words, "a Grand Jury will indict a ham sandwich".

I also know when I hear all of the facts.........I could feel differently.
Usually the DA wants to get an indictment and only offers witnesses to indict. From articles I've seen, the DA in this case is presenting evidence in a more even-handed way, in effect not taking the position that Wilson is a ham sandwich.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:46 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
An update on the arrest of the Leader of the St Louis New Black Panthers -- turns out that during the investigation they also discovered a plan to blow up the St Louis Arch and Pipe Bomb materials. Goofy guys - a pipe bomb to blow up the Arch? Those charges are still pending and it looks like they may have found the evidence of the bomb plans in a search of 2 residences.

FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source |Reuters 11/22/14

Odd thing about the reporting on the bomb stuff - CBS broke the story, then removed it. Two local TV stations had the story, both Chicago papers (Tribune & Sun) wrote it and Reuters has it this morning. St Louis Post Dispatch - NOPE.
Word is that the DOJ wanted a lid on it.
Those guys are crazy. They don't resemble the original panthers at all. I'm pretty sure they were denounced a few years ago because of their violent rhetoric and loopy ideas.

They're about as bad as the KKK minus the body count.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:48 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,944,634 times
Quote:
I'm telling you what the KKK said. They are the source. They also have ties to some of the Police departments in the area.

What do you think the KKK is? Some sort of peace group? They've killed many people in the past.

The KKK has been irrelevant for over 40 years.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:52 AM

24,397 posts, read 23,050,809 times
Quote:
The KKK publicly threatened protesters and supporters. It's not any fear mongering. It's protection.

There could be hate groups on both sides who want violence. It's a tense situation and to call it anything less would be an understatement.
>>>> There was a short lived rumor tossed out by the Southern Poverty Law Center that the KKK was fund raising for officer Wilson but it was quickly discredited and shown to have no basis in fact. But given the SPLC's reputation, they were just trying to fan the flames and act irresponsibly.
I would have to think the KKK would be at the bottom of the feds watch list as instigators of violence since they've been no shows up until now. They'll be eyeing the protestors and activists that will demonstrate if the grand jury decides not to press charges. Let's hope everybody stays calm and everybody keeps a close eye on everybody. This includes watching the feds, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies