Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 03:39 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Obama picked the Fed Head & she ended QE.
uhm....interest rates being near zero is part of QE...so in effect QE has not fully ended yet

Last edited by workingclasshero; 11-04-2014 at 03:51 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 08:47 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm....interest rates being near zero is part of QE...so in effect QE has not fully ended yet
Your ignorance is showing again.
Interest rate management is MORE than JUST QE - and has been going on for a century - longgggggg before the concept of QE was ever thought of.
QE is DONE - and the stock market somehow survived it - as I said it would.
You folks on the other hand are scambling to find some excuse - any excuse - to explain WHY the stock market didn't collapse the way you've been saying it would for half a decade now.
Your latest excuse is simply to make up your own definition of what QE is.
Sorry, but you don't get to make up your own rules as your go along.

Ken

Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
I didn't say anything of the sort. Sequestration was Obama's Idea & that is a fact. The first thing Republican presidents do when they take office is explode deficit spending.
Que to 2009.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
You have a habit of name calling when you can't make your point.
"Ignorant" is not a name. "Ingorance" is a CONDITION - and KNOWLEDGE is the cure.
The sad thing is, a whole lot of wingnuts on this board seem to seem to willingly seek ignorance out - deliberately ignoring facts when they are presented - and instead, are constantly re-embracing political dogma even when it flies in the face of what is easily observed by simply looking at the data.

I MADE my point - and even the Rightwing icon HERITAGE FOUNDATION (not exactly a fan of either Obama or Democrats in general) backs up my claim that the Administration has stopped a whole slew of planned terrorist attacks - they even LIST the SPECIFIC ATTACKS. The fact that you simply ignored it is not my problem.

As I said - "ignorance" - and not just "ignorance" but "willfull ignorance" (the very worst kind) - is a condition. Ignorance is curable, but there is NO HOPE when someone deliberately CHOOSES to remain ignorant.
You can either accept the fact that the administration has done a good job of stopping terrorist attacks (farrrrr better than the last administration) or you can continue to believe in your ignorant fantasy dream world where Obama has done a terrible job in that regard when even the Heritage Foundation lists a whole string of successes.
Either accept reality or remain ignorant.
The choice is yours.

Ken

Old 11-04-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Que to 2009.
You're right. In that case the Republican president exploded the deficit as he LEFT OFFICE.
Have to admit, at least Junior was "creative" about it.

Ken

Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Let's see -
FIRST you claim it's Obama's fault "the economy is still on life support".
THEN you claim that the FED is the one "managing the economy".
So, if the FED is the one "managing the economy" then HOW is it "Obama's fault"?
You're spinning so fast you can't even keep up with your own lies.
No surprise there.

Ken
Quite simple; you lead. One only has to look daily at news that Obama isn't. Even looking at the markets he does not move them ;the FED does by its every word. When state candidates ask you to stay way that is a problem of not being seen as leader. As one liberal commentator said in discussion with another; recently; Obama isn't at fault for all the scandals so public can't blame him. The other said ;yes they can; they did not vote on those dept. heads ;they did for Obama and he appointed them.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:22 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,095 times
Quote:
"Ignorant" is not a name. "Ingorance" is a CONDITION - and KNOWLEDGE is the cure.
The sad thing is, a whole lot of wingnuts on this board seem to seem to willingly seek ignorance out - deliberately ignoring facts when they are presented - and instead, are constantly re-embracing political dogma even when it flies in the face of what is easily observed by simply looking at the data.

I MADE my point - and even the Rightwing icon HERITAGE FOUNDATION (not exactly a fan of either Obama or Democrats in general) backs up my claim that the Administration has stopped a whole slew of planned terrorist attacks - they even LIST the SPECIFIC ATTACKS. The fact that you simply ignored it is not my problem.

As I said - "ignorance" - and not just "ignorance" but "willfull ignorance" (the very worst kind) - is a condition. Ignorance is curable, but there is NO HOPE when someone deliberately CHOOSES to remain ignorant.
You can either accept the fact that the administration has done a good job of stopping terrorist attacks (farrrrr better than the last administration) or you can continue to believe in your ignorant fantasy dream world where Obama has done a terrible job in that regard when even the Heritage Foundation lists a whole string of successes.
Either accept reality or remain ignorant.
The choice is yours.

Ken
Thankfully, it seems that tonight, people will share my "ignorance" and vote against the policies of President Obama.

Accept reality or remain in your alternate universe.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Your ignorance is showing again.
Interest rate management is MORE than JUST QE - and has been going on for a century - longgggggg before the concept of QE was ever thought of.
QE is DONE - and the stock market somehow survived it - as I said it would.
You folks on the other hand are scambling to find some excuse - any excuse - to explain WHY the stock market didn't collapse the way you've been saying it would for half a decade now.
Your latest excuse is simply to make up your own definition of what QE is.
Sorry, but you don't get to make up your own rules as your go along.

Ken
Gee Ken, thanks for calling out my ignorance...

it not my "latest excuse" I was going by what I read

Quote:
Quantitative easing may then be used by monetary authorities to further stimulate the economy by purchasing assets of longer maturity than short-term government bonds, and thereby lowering longer-term interest rates further out on the yield curve.[
Quantitative easing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
DEFINITION of 'Quantitative Easing'

An unconventional monetary policy in which a central bank purchases government securities or other securities from the market in order to lower interest rates and increase the money supply. Quantitative easing increases the money supply by flooding financial institutions with capital in an effort to promote increased lending and liquidity. Quantitative easing is considered when short-term interest rates are at or approaching zero, and does not involve the printing of new banknotes.
Quantitative Easing Definition | Investopedia

Quote:
The primary policy instrument of most central banks is the overnight interbank interest rate, the rate at which banks lend money to one another. For the U.S., this is the federal funds rate, for which the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) of the Federal Reserve System sets a target
Moreover, the central bank can use QE to signal its commitment to hold interest rates down for longer than previously believed or to meet a stated inflation rate target.
Quantitative Easing: Lessons We've Learned

Quote:
Quantitative easing requires the central bank to take the following three steps:

1. Cut the short-term interest rate to zero percent

2. Announce how long it will leave the short-term interest rate at zero percent

3. Begin buying long-term securities—like Treasuries, corporate bonds and asset-backed securities
http://www.learningmarkets.com/how-q...-easing-works/

so Ken, am I ignorant for reading...is it that YOU know everything, and those of us that are willing to learn and read are just ignorant.....how high and mighty of you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies