Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:42 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,213 times

Advertisements

I use to not give a damn about voting.

you are either damned if you do and damned if you dont.
but I will change my stance to vote for mickey mouse if no candidate is on the list that I like

perhaps one day we would all have a mouse as president instead of the rats we currently have

I try to research the candidates first a bit but then find no one appealing.
forcing me to write in mickey mouse more than 75% of the time.

now I just try to vote 3rd party if they popup to my liking
republicans if they are logical republicans instead of neo-con republicans
democrats if they are logical democrats instead of fake bat sh** crazy demotards.

but our nation cannot afford to have these bat sh** crazy people keep running our country.
trying to destroy it for more than 100 years now...

our founding fathers would roll over in their graves a long time ago.
perhaps their graves have been dug up so they cant even roll over...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 07:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes indeed they do, and I'll tell you what, it keeps the other politicans in line....this way, in the U.S. if one is corrupt, they all are, however, most people are way to naieve to believe that their political party is corrupt....but they are....
Exactly. Not only does it help with corruption, it helps to have several viewpoints in the mix.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSchmidt View Post
No, I think it is not right not to vote in any situation. I is my personal opinion because it is your right and you should use it for sure.
It is my right to own a gun too but I choose not to do so.

Just because it is a right doesn't mean you have to do it.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:35 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
I felt so sad and disgusted with Washington this term, I actually wasn't going to vote this time. All day I struggled with myself, and on the way home, I knew I would feel bad, if I didn't vote...
I feel for myself, this is a privledge that I have....it is the one thing I can do for my country....however, even though I voted straight Republican, I'm not convinced they are going to do the job we want them to.

I've lived long enough to see us go back and forth so many times, including myself....and I couldn't believe Bush was voted in a 2nd term....both sides are corrupt and that really makes me angry, but what makes me angrier, is the fact that most people stay loyal to their party even though they are corrupt. And if most people were informed, they would know that? And believe me, the politicians know that....

But as far as should you vote, I cannot tell you what to do....you just have to follow your heart....but I can tell you, how I feel from my perspective....

Don't ever allow anyone to tell you what you should or should not do, b/c if you follow your own heart, you'll have the answers.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:51 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
I along with others here do not like the 2-party system. There have been many times in my 50+ years of voting that I didn't like any of the candidates. I would like to see a no-party system, just the folks running independently and the winner would have to have a minimum of 51% of the vote. The system we have now is ripe for corruption. There are so many uninformed voters that just punch a party ticket or are bribed or talked into who to vote for.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:58 AM

893 posts, read 1,207,406 times
Want further proof your vote probably doesn't matter?

Nevada governor primaries:

News from The Associated Press

30% of Democrat Party voters picked "none of these candidates" in the primary, but the party still went with Robert Goodman, who only got 25% of the vote from his own party (5% less than "no one").

Election results: NV, Governor - 100.00% reporting

Brian Sandoval 70.59%
Robert Goodman 23.88%
None of these candidates 2.88%
David VanDerBeek 2.66%

HMMMMMM wonder why he lost. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies