Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:36 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I smell American troops boots on the ground in Iraq soon...
Republicans are as attracted to boogeymen as they are to blow-up dolls.

They march "right behind" Hillary's most profound statement: "What difference, at this point, does it make?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 09:36 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Ron Paul may be right, but we need to face the fact that it is the American public as much as McCain and Graham that are war mongerers. We have been fed crap since WWII about our supposed role as world policeman, so much that we just take it for granted that we have some interest and opportunity of success in meddling in every crisis that comes up around the world. Obama understands that is not the case. You see where that got him.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
[/QUOTE=no1brownsfan;37156364]Sadly I think that Ron Paul is right. I hope that he is wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course he's right. And, I wish more would vote Libertarian Party if not for anything else but to say NO
to the GOP/DEM Party. It is not happening fast enough for me

The problem is too many people play into the partisan hackery! My team is better than your team.... yada yada! Both sides see Libertarians as a threat to the status quo, and use the media to smear them, dismiss them as kooks, anarchists, ect. I mean, who knew that more individual freedoms, less government intrusion, fiscal responsibility such as cutting and seriously reforming and scaling back on wasteful programs, and adhering to the US Constitution was kooky?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:38 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ron Paul may be right, but we need to face the fact that it is the American public as much as McCain and Graham that are war mongerers.

Obama understands that is not the case. You see where that got him.
Really??? Obama's understanding took him to Libya and beyond.
But I agree with your first point totally.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The problem is too many people play into the partisan hackery! My team is better than your team.... yada yada! Both sides see Libertarians as a threat to the status quo, and use the media to smear them, dismiss them as kooks, anarchists, ect. I mean, who knew that more individual freedoms, less government intrusion, fiscal responsibility such as cutting and seriously reforming and scaling back on wasteful programs, and adhering to the US Constitution was kooky?
Don't forget the tired argument, "Well if you don't vote for R or D then you're throwing your vote away" crap.

Republicans and Democrats, basically the same party with different colors.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:39 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ron Paul may be right, but we need to face the fact that it is the American public as much as McCain and Graham that are war mongerers. We have been fed crap since WWII about our supposed role as world policeman, so much that we just take it for granted that we have some interest and opportunity of success in meddling in every crisis that comes up around the world. Obama understands that is not the case. You see where that got him.
Are we talking about the same Obombya that has bombed 7 countries?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Don't forget the tired argument, "Well if you don't vote for R or D then you're throwing your vote away" crap.

Republicans and Democrats, basically the same party with different colors.

Correct. They play this lesser of two evils game. A vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil. Thankfully there are those of us in this country like you, pollyrobin, and myself who don't agree with that argument. I vote for the person that I feel is the most qualified, and will protect our freedoms and the Constitution, and not who the lamestream media tells me to!

Old 11-05-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Correct. They play this lesser of two evils game. A vote for the lesser evil is still a vote for evil. Thankfully there are those of us in this country like you, pollyrobin, and myself who don't agree with that argument. I vote for the person that I feel is the most qualified, and will protect our freedoms and the Constitution, and not who the lamestream media tells me to!
Also notice that the main GOP supporters in this forum are staying far, far away from this thread? Truth scares the hell out of them about their party.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
remember people its the president that orders the military into combat, not congress. congress can only declare war. so unless obama orders people into a war zone, it wont happen.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
remember people its the president that orders the military into combat, not congress. congress can only declare war. so unless obama orders people into a war zone, it wont happen.
Congress can also push the President for more action, just like they are going to push him on other issues like the ACA and tax reform. Leading the Senate Armed Services committee gives McCain a big speaking platform to push the whitehouse for more action. That is the fear about the GOP victory. If you want your campaign, Mr. President, we want more then just air strikes, or we won't approve the budget. Kind of holds the white house hostage. If he agrees, it expands the war effort which the GOP wants. If he disagrees, then funding stops, and we pull out, the President looks silly and weak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies