Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:56 AM

46,190 posts, read 26,870,934 times

Advertisements

They still think they did nothing wrong in 6 years...hell, just look at th threads here on C-D...

It's not their fault...they will NEVER take the blame...just ask them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 08:05 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They still think they did nothing wrong in 6 years...hell, just look at th threads here on C-D...

We're you admitting fault after the Republicans got a drubbing and lost both houses of congress?

No. You doubled down and kept voting for Republicans. You continued to defend them tooth and nail.

Even after Bush started two failed wars, you continued (and still continue) to support those conflicts.

You're talking about 6 years? Obama curb stomped your guy just two years ago by a damn near landslide.

Has the Obama administration gone off the rails in the last two years? Perhaps, but this nonsense about 6 years is just that; nonsense.

You want us to take blame? Ok...take blame for voting twice for the guy that got 4500 troops killed in Iraq over nonexistent WMD.

Then we can talk about our blame.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:08 PM

7,987 posts, read 5,755,816 times
Quote:

That's true.

When I watched Der Lehder give his press conference the day after the elections, I laughed out loud when he blamed the election losses on those voters who stayed home.

Narcissistic is too polite of a term to describe that mess we have in the Blight House.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:24 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,221,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Good things are now going to start happening with the good guys in power. The only thing that would make it better is if Romney would have been elected this would be a truly great country again.
obama has screwed the pooch but we'll get it working again now that dirty harry has been relegated to janitor.
Sit back ye of little faith, watch how it is supposed to be done.. Prosperity and harmony are on the way.

You know I remember the Republicans singing the same songs in 2010. "We have a mandate that people support.", "The Democrats are out of touch!" and "We are a shoe in for 2012." Except things turned out much different than expected didn't it? 2 Years is an Eon in politics, and the reality is no one is going to care what the Democrats did or didn't do in 2014 when they vote in 2016. Do you really think either party is more capable than the other? Different parties, yet the same results year after year after year.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:25 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,221,053 times
Quote:

It's more what they didn't do than what they did do. Voter frustration is always going punish the party in power as failing to achieve anything. Whether or not they play all of the blame or not.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:38 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,871,730 times
This is what I'm thinking:

This thread is rubbish.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,304,768 times
Default President Obama the greatest of Presidents

This hasn't changed.

What also hasn't changed is the atrocious Republican record, and President Obama's superior positions on every subject.

As Paul Krugman said, "politics determines who has the power, not who has the TRUTH." The GOP is wrong about every damn thing and President Obama represents the TRUTH.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:54 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,163,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Dear Obambots,

You had everything going your way, you were cocky that a new Obama era was dawning and fundamental change was inevitable. After the election yesterday, the Repubs will have their largest House since before WW II and the Repubs crushed the Dems to now control the Senate.

So do you want your Dear Leader to veto everything that's submitted or do you want to see Obama compromise with the Congress to get things done?

Has Dear Leader met your expectations?

I'm not sure what Obama will do. He could learn much by looking at what Reagan and Clinton did to compromise with a Congress of the opposing party to get things done....will he learn from them or is he too much an ideologue that wants to destroy the 50% that have an opposing view?
Obomobots????????? Anyway, I think that this always happens in mid term elections. Yeah, Republicans won big and the Democrats will hold the White House and many seats will go back to the Democrats in 2016.

What is this "Dear Leader" BS? He is our President. Have some respect!!! I think he is too centrist and doesn't fight the Republicans for some of the **** they put him through. Politics were different during Reagan. We didn't have this extremist Tea Party for one thing. I'm really only concerned that nothing will get done for the next 2 years and the American people will suffer for it. Unlike you, I consider all of us Americans and want ALL of us to thrive.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:10 AM

7,430 posts, read 5,689,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Which is why I think people are generally stupid.

The economy is booming compared to the rest of the world, the jobless rate is below 6%

And yet 70% say we are on the wrong track? bwhahaha

What planet were yall on 6 years ago?
Tell that to the millions who quit looking for work and get prepared to tell
Millions that when your boy grants amnesty to millions of criminals. I can't wait until wages drop and the son of Bob who worked union all his life can't get a union Job. Don't worry the free money will keep flowing.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:01 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,621,357 times
As a progressive liberal Democrat, what I see is an ugliness in this country that I'm starting to think we will never recover from. I see Republicans calling the President every ugly nasty name, that he's Muslim, that he's trying to kill people with Ebola, it's insane. They did this from day one and they are filled with so much hate that reading it makes me angry. So what happens? I wait for 2016 when I will be thrilled to mock the Republicans because I will remember posts like these. And that makes Republicans angry and the cycle continues.

Somewhere around Newt Gingrich, politicians took their gloves off. I won't cite the chain of events because everyone knows them. But as each cycle evolves, the anger is more heated and real. I honestly wonder if it will ever get better. It's doubtful and that doesn't bode well for the future of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies