Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 06:57 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The many working class people vote Republican is they prefer working over collecting welfare.
You're joking, right? I have an immediate family member who is probably the staunchest Republican I know (and I know a few)---and he hasn't worked in 20+ years. He's a lier, a cheater, a bible thumper, he lives on social programs, and he's downright morally defunct. Of course, not all Republicans are like him, but your statement above is simply laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 07:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The reason many working class people vote Republican is they prefer working over collecting welfare.
Common sense clearly lacks with some Democrats..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:07 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,931,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Here is why-

People want to live comfortably with a decent income and be able to provide for their children. The average person does not give a crap about gay marriage, global warming, and some fake "war on women".

Under Obama-

1. personal incomes have reduced 23%
2. we have record numbers of unemployed citizens
3. 50 million on foodstamps
4. record numbers of citizens living in poverty
5. higher taxes
6. increased cost of food and energy

Obama has been the fast track to third world status, as he has MADE WORSE the lives of the average American. If the dems had delivered prosperity to the nation, they would still be in the majority. Given the miserable failures of their policy, they were thrown out.

Liberal policy delivers economic misery to the average American. The average American spoke in the 214 elections.
I guess reading comprehension is also a stumbling block for some Republicans. I am talking about the poor and working-class voters (mostly red and southern states) who are barely making ends meet (and it's been that way forever for them)---and why they vote Republican. I am not wondering why people who live comfortably vote this way. I am not even saying they should vote Democrat! I am advocating third parties. Man, people cannot even read anymore!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
You're joking, right? I have an immediate family member who is probably the staunchest Republican I know (and I know a few)---and he hasn't worked in 20+ years. He's a lier, a cheater, a bible thumper, he lives on social programs, and he's downright morally defunct. Of course, not all Republicans are like him, but your statement above is simply laughable.
But this thread isnt about your uncle, its about the majority of the nation who voted Republican for reasons you cant comprehend.

Says quite a lot about the lack of intelligence of some individuals..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:18 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

1. personal incomes have reduced 23%
Obama tries to raise peoples incomes, but the republicans stop him. Republicans oppose raising the min wage, and republicans block middle class tax cuts.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Quote:
2. we have record numbers of unemployed citizens
Its republicans that insists on giving tax cuts to corporations that send US jobs oversees.
Senate Republicans Vote Against American Jobs By Blocking Bill To End Outsourcing Tax Breaks

And republicans oppose helping companies like GM from going out of business (companies like GM have many high wage earning employees.)

Quote:
3. 50 million on foodstamps
If we raised the min wage we would get huge numbers of people off of food stamps.
Report: Minimum wage hike would cut food stamp spending by $4.6 billion a year - The Washington Post

Quote:
4. record numbers of citizens living in poverty
Republicans oppose welfare, food stamps, and high min wages (the things that keep people out of poverty.)

Quote:
5. higher taxes
Republicans block middle class tax cuts.

6. increased cost of food and energy

Under Obama the USA leads the world in oil production.
World's leading oil, gas producer: US passes Russia under Obama administration.

You accused Obama of doing the above 6 things, can you explain how Obama caused those things ????

Old 11-05-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Obama tries to raise peoples incomes, but the republicans stop him. Republicans oppose raising the min wage, and republicans block middle class tax cuts.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News
Completely laughable that you think most people work for minimum wage.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you post garbage like this?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Its republicans that insists on giving tax cuts to corporations that send US jobs oversees.
Senate Republicans Vote Against American Jobs By Blocking Bill To End Outsourcing Tax Breaks
More Democratic stupidness..

A company that moves jobs overseas wouldnt see a tax break, they arent anylonger in the US thus they arent bound by IRS regulations..

Do you really need someone to tell you how dumb your sentences are? I dont even know if I should continue breaking your reply apart for the ridiclous assertions that you made. I hate embarassing people by showing they dont know basic 101 and can only post talking points like you do.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
And republicans oppose helping companies like GM from going out of business (companies like GM have many high wage earning employees.)
more lies.. it was a Republican that bailed GM out, (Bush) but most Republicans wanted them to file for re-organization. The ultimate result was that they did indeed file for Bankruptcy, while people like you ran around shouting "they'd go out of business", but they didnt..

Embarassing..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
If we raised the min wage we would get huge numbers of people off of food stamps.
Report: Minimum wage hike would cut food stamp spending by $4.6 billion a year - The Washington Post
Complete nonsense given they would simply increase the qualifications to receive welfare. A complete ass would ignore the fact that they would recalculate standards..

Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Completely laughable that you think most people work for minimum wage.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you post garbage like this?
That person drank a little too much of the punch I think.
Raise minimum wage and it will increase cost of living. In most businesses payroll is your biggest daily expense.
The bit about letting corporations offshore work.
Hmmm It was Bill Clinton that Pushed NAFTA. Where did Whirlpool go? They left the United States for Mexico. In fact Mexico in turn made deals with China and now many of those jobs meant for Mexico ended up in China.
What has Obama done to bring those jobs back? What have the Dems done?
Has anyone suggested giving tax breaks to move manufacturing back to the USA? Raising taxes on products made outside of the USA? Not the DEMs anyway.
American jobs. Why is making a path for citizenship such a high priority for Obama when so many Americans are unemployed? How about making E-Verify the law of land to force employers to hire legal citizens. That will put Americans back to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies