Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Obama blames Bush for all of his screw ups. And yes, Obama is one of the worst presidents of all time. Along with Carter.

They all blame the one before them. Bush was terrible & so is Obama I'm sure whoever is next will be just as bad or worse. You all keep putting these idiots into oval office & you never learn. The two party nut jobs/ media won't put someone like Ron Paul into office or even give them a chance. And everyone says that I'm crazy for not voting while in the mean time you all keep putting he same two parties into office & then while about it...

Last edited by reed067; 11-06-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 06:14 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I was born in the early 1960's. Every one of the President's during my lifetime in one way or another, has helped to drive this country into the ground and done things to hurt average working Americans while enriching their special interest connections. Every one of them. It has just gotten worse with every passing administration. The current one has lost all ability to lead, not that he ever had any, and it is downright frightening.
You have spoken some vestiges of truth and I repped you!

I am a decade older than you, born under H. Truman. I think JFK was no favored son to special interest and that most likely played a part in his assassination. He was pro-economic growth which always tilts the scale toward the good side. Reagan did damage the unions but they a Communist in their foundations ... the bargaining ability of the common man as a group was hurt. But he did preside over the fall of the Soviet Bloc, a very good thing. He also, through his policies, unleashed American business and presided over the meteoric rise of the 80's (and subsequently the 90's) economic boom. None are perfect but when put on the scales you have to weigh good vs bad.

Bush II tilted the scale down but I don't think he was as bad as the media duped the population into believing he was (similarly Truman was treated poorly by the press but not to the extent). Obama sunk it(the good vs bad scale) to the bottom of the "BAD" side. The press has been very gentle and kind to BHO until just recently. They are setting the stage for a divorce from his administration so the next Dem can be separated from his failure as a leader/POTUS. They will rah rah the next Dem candidate all the way!

You are jaded, maybe rightfully so, but the answer is activism and not crawling into a hole. Always be wary of the press and the educational systems ... they are the key to shaping minds/thoughts.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I was born in the early 1960's. Every one of the President's during my lifetime in one way or another, has helped to drive this country into the ground and done things to hurt average working Americans while enriching their special interest connections. Every one of them. It has just gotten worse with every passing administration. The current one has lost all ability to lead, not that he ever had any, and it is downright frightening.

Thank you!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times
Honestly thought Ronny was the worst modern day president of our time..

1.) Amount of Scandals by his staff only exceeded Nixon. Iran-Contra was a impeachable offense.
2.) Left office running some of the largest budget deficits in history.

Now Ronny was beloved by the public but when you really look at his record, it was horrible.

Obama hasn't been great but his tenure is more like a CEO of a fortune 500 company who you look at and say well he hasn't been bad or great as the stock has shown a steady increase but nothing fantastic.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:30 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is the worst president of our time. He'll continue his nasty dirty politics no matter what he says. Don't be so easy to buy the rhetoric, read between the lines.
I think many of us agree with you. How he got where he is seems a mystery, but he is with us for another 2 years and we will just have to hope not too much more damage will be done.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Honestly thought Ronny was the worst modern day president of our time..

1.) Amount of Scandals by his staff only exceeded Nixon. Iran-Contra was a impeachable offense.
2.) Left office running some of the largest budget deficits in history.

Now Ronny was beloved by the public but when you really look at his record, it was horrible.

Obama hasn't been great but his tenure is more like a CEO of a fortune 500 company who you look at and say well he hasn't been bad or great as the stock has shown a steady increase but nothing fantastic.
You can't be really serious,!! Iran costa was a disaster, I am not sure impeachable though. What laws were broken? Other than that he was a good President and I have no idea where you are getting the information about his staff. That is 100% untrue!!!!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:37 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is the worst president of our time. He'll continue his nasty dirty politics no matter what he says. Don't be so easy to buy the rhetoric, read between the lines.
Jimmy Carter must love him, he has replaced him in the basement. At least Carter tried to be a moral man, matter of fact, his biggest issue was probably that he was too decent and couldn't make hard decisions. Obama can't make hard decisions either, but not for the same reasons.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:14 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think many of us agree with you. How he got where he is seems a mystery, but he is with us for another 2 years and we will just have to hope not too much more damage will be done.
There are too many people who are stuck back in the 1800's and Liberal Dems played them well.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Well, recovering the economy from the worst crash since the Great Depression, expanding rights for LGBT folks, expanding healthcare to millions of americans, killing Osama Bin Laden...You know, all those things his immediate predecessor failed at.
Osama bin laden and expanding rights for LGBT folks is about all I got as an "accomplishment" from that. You guys just lost an election for the way you "expanded healthcare to millions of Americans" so that's not an accomplishment. If Obama had done something like sign single-payer into law, that would be a landmark. But this ACA crap isn't an accomplishment, and this "accomplishment" is very unpopular.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
The second midterm election has been a problem historically going back to FDR. Clinton was the only one to avoid itSeats in Congress Gained/Lost by the President's Party in Mid-Term Elections
There are problems and then there are problems: Basically those of us who follow politics understand the mid term election problems, but think of what happened in 2010 and more recently less than 48 hours ago. The result were almost the worst in recent history.

I am sure it is hard for you to accept, seeing your prediction on the Fl governor and pot went down, that should make you realize how the country feels about anything that leans left right now.

There are a few things he has accomplished for which he deserves credit. This crap his followers keep talking about when it come to the economy. Have they forgotten it got worse, much worse before it got better and it was the worst recession in many years. All recessions sooner or later turn around. He has done so much for the Gays and Lesbians? Ask my foster daughter and her friends, they would say: HOPE. He did open up the military to them. that is about what he has done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies