Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 AM

20,247 posts, read 19,808,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Oregon voters, very left, very radical, rejected giving illegals a driver's license.
Very smart and very, uh, Right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,884,528 times
What you didn't notice was the youthfulness that was voted into the Republican Party. Republicans see the change needed, while Dems are relying on the same ole' lines....."abortion and war on women"....... the left won't get far with just these issues.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:16 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,548,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
As Dixie goes, so NOT does the nation. Expected Republican wins in Red states to control a lame duck Congress does NOT mean that the Republicans are not in a free fall. Pretending to be moderate doesn't change the stench of the ideology that gave us Bush. Over the next two years, we'll see what Republicans really are, and the failure to be like Dems, will spell suicide for the Pubs. The country is headed Left.

Republicans win the Senate by sounding like Democrats: America is moving toward the left.
If they're in free fall, then the dems must be in horrible trouble. The free fallers just spanked them.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 AM

14,801 posts, read 17,594,008 times
I'll be sure to come back here when the GOP loses the Presidency (again) and the Senate in 2016.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:11 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,525,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I wondering if the GOP just got played. All the tough bills have to be passed and everyone knows the party not in power gets elected at this juncture. Immigration, tax reform, a job bill and that darn pipeline (just as oil prices are falling) all have to be dealt with. I'm betting the President and the Democrats will sign off on everything Mitch sends up the flagpole as long as it has a GOP stamp on it.
Did you not watch the press conference of The One yesterday? He said he would "consider" all bills sent to him, but pass only those that agreed with his current policies. The same policies that just got him a butt whipping across the nation. I'm betting that he is already looking around to find who to blame when he just "has" to veto all those bills.

We will now see who the true obstructionist is.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:17 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,525,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Perhaps it is conservatives licking their wounds. It reminds me of how Kareem Jabar would reprimand a young Magic Johnson when he would over celebrate after they won a game.

After the last six years of a President who they thought would never get elected even once, the Tea Party’s errant stroll down an inconsequential path and now after what by any stretch of the imagination is a normal and expected run of the mill performance by the electorate, what do they have to celebrate, the loss of six years?

The bills that the American people will expect to be passed will have to be so full of pork their intent will be hardly noticeable. The challenge for those in control is will the American people feel the effect of a; jobs bill, trade bill, immigration reform, tax reform. No more fake votes to repeal the ACA, collecting a check and calling it a day.
Actually, now the electorate will see who it is who has the ideas and who it is killing those ideas.

Think hard, I am sure that you can figure it out.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:20 AM

12,898 posts, read 13,576,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Did you not watch the press conference of The One yesterday? He said he would "consider" all bills sent to him, but pass only those that agreed with his current policies. The same policies that just got him a butt whipping across the nation. I'm betting that he is already looking around to find who to blame when he just "has" to veto all those bills.

We will now see who the true obstructionist is.
It's all part of the dance, you know it's all just a farce?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:24 PM

9,129 posts, read 5,768,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Conservatives, a much older demographic, the kind that dominates these mid-terms, are actually the ones dying off.
Glad to hear that you're happy we're "dying off," but...

The wisdom of age generally brings conservatism.
Everyone is getting older. Get used to it.

Old conservatives will die off and be replaced
by former liberals who have come to their senses.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:47 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,500,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Frankly, I wasn't feeling bad anyway.

A good old fashioned house cleaning is good for the party and the country.
You mean the sky isn't falling? Well f me to tears.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:53 PM

34,252 posts, read 19,254,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Oregon voters, very left, very radical, rejected giving illegals a driver's license.
As one of those Oregon voters, I can tell you-being very left doesnt mean we believe illegal immigration is OK. Im not sure why democrat representative think this to be honest, I suspect the majority of their base is against it, the only thing I can think of is that business interests are involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies