Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 10:42 AM

8,058 posts, read 3,911,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why would I do that? Argon is abundant in the atmosphere, but like oxygen and nitrogen and unlike CO2 and methane it does not trap infrared (heat).
My point exactly - try it to see why Nye got the physics wrong in his "simple" experiment.

As for your second video above, it's flawed too.

CO2 does not block all infrared as demonstrated in the experiment, so something else is happening to mask the flames heat signature. (probably the fact that any gas under pressure will cool when released)

Old 11-09-2014, 11:19 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,989,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
My point exactly - try it to see why Nye got the physics wrong in his "simple" experiment.

As for your second video above, it's flawed too.

CO2 does not block all infrared as demonstrated in the experiment, so something else is happening to mask the flames heat signature. (probably the fact that any gas under pressure will cool when released)
I have no idea how much CO2 was in the glass tube, certainly it was a lot more than what is in the atmosphere.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,273,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Game. Set. Match.

No way fish sandwich can get around that.
I got around it by exposing Inhofe as a liar and a clown. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show our colleagues how dishonest Republican denialism really is. Republicans have to pretend fundamentalist cuecard readers are climatologists because the real science contradicts their talking points. That people lap it up so saddens me.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:38 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,364,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I got around it by exposing Inhofe as a liar and a clown. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show our colleagues how dishonest Republican denialism really is. Republicans have to pretend fundamentalist cuecard readers are climatologists because the real science contradicts their talking points. That people lap it up so saddens me.
You didn't get around anything. You took an utterly predictable cop out by pretending that it was about Inhofe and not the 23 odd scientists who were quoted. You didn't have anything to say about their claims because it's much easier to slam Inhofe than it is to address them!

Old 11-09-2014, 01:23 PM

29,394 posts, read 19,482,880 times
Dr Roger Pielke Sr shows why IPCC climate forcings & feedbacks do not match observations

https://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordp...10/ppt-129.pdf

Old 11-09-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Dr Roger Pielke Sr shows why IPCC climate forcings & feedbacks do not match observations

https://pielkeclimatesci.files.wordp...10/ppt-129.pdf
Yeah right....Are you sharing his fantasy world?

Check this out... Humans Are Causing Global Warming Chart - Business Insider

Old 11-09-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah right....Are you sharing his fantasy world?

There are 95 pages in that power point presentation. Pick just ONE page which you can call a fantasy

That article doesn't even refute anything that Pielke presents in his paper.

I'm just happy that human induced climate change has resulted in no increase in global drought severity, fewer tornadoes in the US, longest period on record between a major hurrican landfall in the US, lowest hurricane ACE in 40 years.

I love this part from the article (yeah a one page article)

Quote:
Slashing carbon emissions and switching to renewable energy sources are just a few of the many actions world leaders must take, according to the IPCC — but the first step is acknowledging that climate change is real, it's happening now, and it's happening because of us.

India to double it's coal energy in 5 years

China and Russia sign mega gas pipeline deal

Meantime, the reliability of solar

https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/531570058766462976

Old 11-09-2014, 08:09 PM

Wow....Such credible sources you have...Power point presentations, blogs and twitter comments.....

Examine the chart of models vs observed changes on the page I presented..... Can you still say that models are inaccurate?

Old 11-09-2014, 08:51 PM

56,875 posts, read 25,813,956 times
The scientific community is ready to change their research based on the election results, still "reeling", elections have consequences

Old 11-09-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Wow....Such credible sources you have...Power point presentations,

That 95 page power point is published btw.

Quote:
blogs and twitter comments.....
Do you deny it's accuracy? Dr Maue's credentials here:
policlimate.com | Dr. Ryan Maue's Global Tropical Cyclone Activity Update

I can't help that he points out the obvious problems renewable resources have.

Quote:
Examine the chart of models vs observed changes on the page I presented..... Can you still say that models are inaccurate?
Do you even know what your chart is showing? It isn't showing whether or not the models are accurate, they are demonstrating that the models "need" additional forcing to account for the temperature change.

Irregardless, I never claimed that co2 won't induce warming. I only point out that the models continue to overshoot the warming when compared to observations.

Quote:
By starting in the present with actual conditions, Smith's group hoped to improve the model's accuracy at forecasting the near-term climate. The results looked promising at first. The model initially predicted temperatures that were cooler than those seen in conventional climate projections — a forecast that basically held true into 2008. But then the prediction's accuracy faded sharply: the dramatic warming expected after 2008 has yet to arrive (see 'Hazy view'). “It's fair to say that the real world warmed even less than our forecast suggested,” Smith says. “We don't really understand at the moment why that is.”

Climate change: The forecast for 2018 is cloudy with record heat : Nature News & Comment

Greenies need to get over it.... Fact is fossils aren't going away soon. In fact, China plans to use coal for for a long time, reducing poverty is more important than green tokenism

Policies of Scarcity in a Land of Plenty - IER

^^

Well, to be fair, China's coal consumption does drop by 4% of it's electricity production. Too bad that it's electricity production by 2030 will be three times higher than it is today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies