U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2014, 02:55 PM
 
Location: St. Louis
7,180 posts, read 5,388,825 times
Reputation: 4160

Advertisements

Trumka Calls on Obama to Take Executive Action on Immigration

...he is demanding that Obama violate the Constitution and refuse to enforce current immigration law because, in his mind, it's good for working people, families, communities, with no explanation as to why - just because he's pounding on the table demanding it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2014, 03:45 PM
 
36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Reputation: 9748
From the article:

"The America that the labor movement believes in does not criminalize people or deny them basic due process rights based upon their country of birth".

WTH? Since when do we criminalize people based on the country of their birth? These illegal aliens are not being criminalized for that. They are here illegally in our country and that is the problem. Has this idiot forgotten that we have immigration laws and quotas for legal immigration and coming here without authorization IS against the law?

This whole article made me want to puke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 03:56 PM
 
4,709 posts, read 3,492,296 times
Reputation: 4416
Interesting.

Meanwhile, back in Chicago, Barack Obama's favorite bathtub toy -- Rahm "Lil' Tink" Emanuel -- is making similar noises, as if he believes people are interested in the opinion of a vertically-challenged former ballerina in regards to illegal immigrants.

It turns out the Rahmster is even going on the offensive in this: he has championed a “Welcome City” ordinance that would prohibit Chicago Police from detaining undocumented immigrants unless they are wanted on a criminal warrant or have been convicted of a serious crime.

Yes. You read that correctly. Chicago Police would be prohibited from detaining ILLEGAL (because undocumented doesn't describe them) immigrants unless they are wanted or have been convicted.

I get that Chicago has more issues than a Kennedy family therapy session, but this is a bit much, even for them.


Emanuel urges Obama to take executive action on immigration | Early & Often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Meggett, SC
10,644 posts, read 9,006,628 times
Reputation: 5917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From the article:

"The America that the labor movement believes in does not criminalize people or deny them basic due process rights based upon their country of birth".

WTH? Since when do we criminalize people based on the country of their birth? These illegal aliens are not being criminalized for that. They are here illegally in our country and that is the problem. Has this idiot forgotten that we have immigration laws and quotas for legal immigration and coming here without authorization IS against the law?

This whole article made me want to puke!
Wow. Trumka must be really upset at every just about every other country in the world because they too believe illegal immigrants are criminals too. Makes me wonder if people like this have any logical thought process at all. What's even sadder is we have people that agree with this illogical thinking in positions of power in our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 04:17 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,675,284 times
Reputation: 18036
In Europe legal immigration within EU is a hot button issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 04:27 PM
 
26,302 posts, read 12,780,504 times
Reputation: 12539
Im not sure why these people believe Obama would do any such thing. We have procedures to become a American citizen, why should we change that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Maine
2,389 posts, read 1,691,808 times
Reputation: 4250
Poor Trumka, he's just very, very, BUTTHURT
Do you realize how much union money was flushed down the toilet in this last election.

Union members had better hold on to there wallets, your due's are about to sky rocket.



bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 05:05 PM
 
36,241 posts, read 16,215,126 times
Reputation: 9748
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Interesting.

Meanwhile, back in Chicago, Barack Obama's favorite bathtub toy -- Rahm "Lil' Tink" Emanuel -- is making similar noises, as if he believes people are interested in the opinion of a vertically-challenged former ballerina in regards to illegal immigrants.

It turns out the Rahmster is even going on the offensive in this: he has championed a “Welcome City” ordinance that would prohibit Chicago Police from detaining undocumented immigrants unless they are wanted on a criminal warrant or have been convicted of a serious crime.

Yes. You read that correctly. Chicago Police would be prohibited from detaining ILLEGAL (because undocumented doesn't describe them) immigrants unless they are wanted or have been convicted.

I get that Chicago has more issues than a Kennedy family therapy session, but this is a bit much, even for them.


Emanuel urges Obama to take executive action on immigration | Early & Often
Actually, Obama implemented this policy in the past year or so across the nation not just Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Meggett, SC
10,644 posts, read 9,006,628 times
Reputation: 5917
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im not sure why these people believe Obama would do any such thing. We have procedures to become a American citizen, why should we change that?
Probably because much of the discussion of a comprehensive immigration bill hinges on the citizenship question. Democrats are in favor of giving amnesty and a path to citizenship whereas the Republicans will not consider it if it leads to a path to citizenship outside the normal paths that already exist. Obama has come out in support of the bill that would lead to citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2014, 06:15 PM
 
3,878 posts, read 3,284,589 times
Reputation: 2516
Trumka is an absolute MORON, Illegal aliens are the absolute biggest threat to unions, as they will undercut any and everyone out there.

Illegal aliens are the greatest scabs that ever existed, period !!!

I've noticed this failed trend of Illegal alien support with the Teamsters and other unions as their Hispanic membership and leadership increased.

All this is, is more pandering and tribalism at it's worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top