Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 03:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
You had a great post till your second paragraph.
Yeah, I was about to Rep him such a great post but then it all went to crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 03:47 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
LMAO. I have seen that from some democrats. I do know, for a fact, that some people dislike the President because of the color of his skin. I'm related to some of them. However, I hope, and feel that most people do not feel this way. Most oppose the President and his policies because they don't like them, not him personally.
" I do know, for a fact, that some people dislike the President because of the color of his skin."

Conversely, do you deny that MANY voted for him "for the color of his skin'?

Old 11-07-2014, 03:49 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
LOL conservvatives don't have the right to call anyone close-minded
Conservatives are just very common sense orientated. Common sense for whatever reason, just seems to have a built-in conservative bias to it.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:49 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
As a liberal I am struggling with the fact that so many African Americans consider Tim Scott to be a "sell out." I certainly disagree with him on just about everything, but why does that make him a sellout?

As for Mia Love, she's a rep from Utah. People getting worked up about her on a national level is as effective as someone from Tennessee hating Nancy Pelosi, it's meaningless. That said, I'm curious to see how she votes on a lot of issues considering her background.

And yes, Allen West is nuts. And a war criminal.
"And yes, Allen West is nuts. And a war criminal."

There goes ANY credibility you THINK you have had!.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:00 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
It is hypocrisy.

I am black and as left-wing as Bill Maher.

The truth is, most blacks are conservative. I have no issue with blacks voting Republican. They share conservative views of anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, and successful blacks usually advocate neoliberal economics. I have my reservations about the black church.. which is littered with the same hypocrisy.

Rather than spend time fixating on "sell-outs" like Tim Scott and Mia Love, we should get back to focusing on our own brand. There is no difference between a black conservative and a white conservative. Both sell out poor people (of all races) to the GOP hate machine for personal gain. Hermain Cain is no different than Donald Trump, in this regard. Color has little, if anything, to do with this.
I find some of this post very interesting. Not to debate the thread itself. My question is although I never use labels like Conservative or Liberal, I find it interesting that you claim most blacks to be Conservative, but yet overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Please explain? Also on abortion, blacks make up what 13 percent of the population, but yet I believe that 60 percent of US abortions are had by black females.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
It's not about skin tone, it's about ideas. Some understand that; some don't. Some don't want to. Whatever. The Harriet Tubmans and Stacey Dashes of this world will continue marching forward towards individual freedom.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:37 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
It is hypocrisy.

I am black and as left-wing as Bill Maher.

The truth is, most blacks are conservative. I have no issue with blacks voting Republican. They share conservative views of anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, and successful blacks usually advocate neoliberal economics. I have my reservations about the black church.. which is littered with the same hypocrisy.

Rather than spend time fixating on "sell-outs" like Tim Scott and Mia Love, we should get back to focusing on our own brand. There is no difference between a black conservative and a white conservative. Both sell out poor people (of all races) to the GOP hate machine for personal gain. Hermain Cain is no different than Donald Trump, in this regard. Color has little, if anything, to do with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Awesome job, you managed to insult Black conservatives, the GOP, and religious people all in one post.

Hate machine indeed!

As well as admitting that black conservatives are singled out because...................they are black.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
LOL conservvatives don't have the right to call anyone close-minded
www.black-and-right.com

Old 11-07-2014, 05:33 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Allen West is just nuts. Other black conservatives are far more reasonable. I don't attack them on their race, but their positions. Herman Cain, Allen West, both nuts.
Allen West is one of the sensible people in politics. That would make liberals call him nuts, but being called nuts by a liberal, is a sign you've got great wisdom.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I find some of this post very interesting. Not to debate the thread itself. My question is although I never use labels like Conservative or Liberal, I find it interesting that you claim most blacks to be Conservative, but yet overwhelmingly vote Democrat. Please explain? Also on abortion, blacks make up what 13 percent of the population, but yet I believe that 60 percent of US abortions are had by black females.
"Black" society of the 50's and 60's was indeed socially very conservative. The ideals of self reliance and a good work ethic and being a good neighbor and citizen were high priorities. The people of that era who fought for civil rights could not easily be attacked for their personal behaviors.

However, a few generations of politics, welfare, and the influence of media, hollywood, and leftist politics has obliterated said perceptions - by making such things a pariah and "traitor to your race".

It's still in existence, but practiced far less and not so conspicuously, all across the non-ghetto areas where the media and Hollywood never looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies