Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 12:16 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times

Advertisements

Remember Gruber's words when the Supreme Court strikes down ObamaCare. Everything about the law was written with deliberation. There was no “typo” in the law.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:19 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
so when do the indictments start flying??
oh wait, would that not come from the DOJ???
duh~~~
the media is far more powerful than the DOJ.

We don't need no stinkin DOJ.

the 'people' have the power and the media wileds it.

Ooops! we have no press and media!

Old 11-11-2014, 12:28 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I believe he meant the Democrat voters who indirectly voted for it by casting a vote for their members of congress who voted for the law. So basically he's saying"thankfully they are too stupid to know better!"
On this I agree with Gruber.
Me, too. Gruber's statement is breathtaking both in its contempt for the Dem voter base and its nakedly hostile honesty. He's actually gloating about duping stupid Dem voters.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:41 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Gruber arrogantly ADMITTED that the Dem elite considers their voter base to be stupid.

And here we have quite a few city-data liberals more than willing to prove his point.
Whenever anyone I know that either loses their insurance coverage, or has the cost go way up (and I've known quite a few people in that situation), I always cut them off and ask if they voted for Obama. If the answer is yes, I simply state that they got what they voted for and that I have NO sympathy for their situation.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:44 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Too bad this didn't come out a few weeks before the election.

If so there might be a whole lot more Republicans elected to office.
This will just give the GOP more leverage when they repeal ObamaCare. Add in the fact that 30% less are expected to sign up, and that the mandate kicks in, it's "see ya" on that horrible piece of legislation. I mean tax.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The lack of responses from the left is truly amazing....maybe, after 4 years they actually realize they were scammed and completely lied to....and it took someone from the left to call them STUPID to make them realize it...
Gruber. The gift that just keeps on giving. This isn't even the first time he's shot his mouth off on Obamacare. He's also on record multiple times admitting that including language in the ACA excluding federal exchange insurance buyers from eligibility for subsidies was intentional.

The sound bites Gruber has provided will be utterly priceless in the 2016 election.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure which interview you are referring to, but there is one where he [Ezekiel Emanuel] admits that "death panels" do exist in the structure of the ACA.
Then again this is nothing new as this guy has always believed in getting rid of the costly for the greater good of everyone else.
This only applies to the sick and elderly, not the bums who run up huge trauma bills as part of the gun & knife clubs. In all honesty he might feel that way about them, but it would not be PC to say.

If you listen to this guy enough, you begin to realize his vision for society is vastly different than most other people. He thinks of himself as such an exulted intellectual that the people in our society need to be tended to like sheep for their own good.
In other words, Gruber's "stupidity of the American voter."

Ezekiel Emanuel
Jonathan Gruber

Do you lefties get it yet? They think you're STUPID.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Thanks for being an expert on the Golden Corral. ...How's the all you can eat dessert?
Too funny!

Old 11-11-2014, 01:46 PM

109 posts, read 74,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
In other words, Gruber's "stupidity of the American voter."

Ezekiel Emanuel
Jonathan Gruber

Do you lefties get it yet? They think you're STUPID.
It's okay because they'd rather have this law than not.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Remember Gruber's words when the Supreme Court strikes down ObamaCare. Everything about the law was written with deliberation. There was no “typo” in the law.
Exactly.. Remember when Republicans called ACA a tax
The administration responded with, dont be silly, its not a tax
Then they went to the Supreme Court and argued its a tax..

Then they of course got the CBO to calculate the cost, presumably by ignoring the federal subsidies
Passed the bill, then gave out subsidies
Then will now go to the Supreme Court and argue its a typo

Typo or not.. it says what it says and you can not ignore the law...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies