Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 07:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,486,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
And yet the ACA is working. Since 2010 my premium has stayed the same. Pre-medicare,non-union, retirement plan.

First time in 38 years of buying insurance that the premium has stayed level for 4 years.
Maybe you can share with Obama and everyone else what in the ACA has kept your premiums stable for the past 4 years ?

Old 11-16-2014, 08:01 AM

88,765 posts, read 44,581,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So many videos (5 at last count) on Gruber have surfaced where he either talks about the idiot public or the hoodwinking of the public on Obamacare, that Politico is referring to it as Gruber's Obamacare Filmfest.
Now that's funny.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I cannot believe that people are still saying the spin that his words were wrong, and the American voters, voted on this bill.....how f'n ignorant can you be, really?

The dems think you are stupid, if you cannot figure that out, then well I guess gruber was and still is correct....
That sure seems to be the case, no?

Old 11-16-2014, 08:26 AM

46,208 posts, read 26,974,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If there were parts in it which were tough to sell, then why would they bring them up at all? I personally do not recall anyone talking about the things Gruber says he lied about. The GOP says they were shut out of the discussions, so they could not have known either. How could the public (the stupid Americans) know more about it than GOP Congressmen? The other thing which does not add up is the fact that Gruber says American voters passed the bill, and yet we hear that majority opposed it. Of course many of us know the public does not have a vote on bills, the Congress does.

You are about the only person who says that....I wonder why?

Old 11-16-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
If there were parts in it which were tough to sell, then why would they bring them up at all? I personally do not recall anyone talking about the things Gruber says he lied about.
You are quite mistaken. Just one example:

Unions Get Exempt from Cadillac Tax

Old 11-16-2014, 09:06 AM

26,336 posts, read 14,946,468 times
Quote:
I am sure you think it becomes true if you say so. You lose every time you deflect to talking abot posters as opposed to the topic. Unfotrunately lying about other posters is begining to define you.
What you can't see is that YOU ARE ON TOPIC with this post.

YOU enable Obama and his minions to lie. This post is about Obama and his minions lying. You, like clockwork appear, and once again, start rationalizing, excusing, ignoring and accepting Obama and his minions lies.

That is what this thread is about - the lies - that is what my previous post is about --> you excusing Obama's lies, encouraging him to lie more as he knows that there are millions of other sheep in the flock that will refuse to hold him accountable so he does not need to be honest.

Your policies on specific issues are completely irrelevant -- what is relevant to this thread is you and the flock excusing Obama's lies. I don't need to know your policies on every issue -- that has nothing to do with you excusing every Obama lie like a good sheep.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

YOU enable Obama and his minions to lie. This post is about Obama and his minions lying. You, like clockwork appear, and once again, start rationalizing, excusing, ignoring and accepting Obama and his minions lies.

That is what this thread is about - the lies - that is what my previous post is about --> you excusing Obama's lies, encouraging him to lie more as he knows that there are millions of other sheep in the flock that will refuse to hold him accountable so he does not need to be honest.
I gave you a chance to prove you are not lying, and you were not able to. That makes you a liar and a hypocrite. You are also incapable of understanding the written word.

Quote:
Your policies on specific issues are completely irrelevant -- what is relevant to this thread is you and the flock excusing Obama's lies. I don't need to know your policies on every issue -- that has nothing to do with you excusing every Obama lie like a good sheep
It has everything to do with it since you claimed I support everything and everyone with a "D' behind their names. If we looked at the issues, you'd probably end up being on the left of me.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-16-2014 at 10:42 AM..

Old 11-16-2014, 10:33 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,474,520 times
You don't realize it is you who is being played for an idiot.

There is no doubt Gruber has a very high opinion about himself and a very low opinion about others, but like most arrogant people, he is over doing it.

Gruber says this:

"If you had a law which said healthy people are going to pay in -- if you made it explicit that healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed."

He thinks this is a dirty secret, and that the law would not have passed if people had known this. Guess what, this is how both PRIVATE and PUBLIC health care systems have always worked, and how insurance works. It is not a secret, it's common knowledge.

It's the basics of insurance. Gruber claims people didn't know this, but then again, he admitted he is a liar. Liars tell lies, and yet today many inhale everything he says. A critical thinker would ask, "how would Gruber know what people know, or don't know?"

If someone didn't know this about insurance, then they would indeed be stupid, but I doubt you'll find many who didn't know it. Most Americans have some kind of insurance, like car insurance, and they know there is a premium to pay no matter what.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:35 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,522,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Your policies on specific issues are completely irrelevant -- what is relevant to this thread is you and the flock excusing Obama's lies. I don't need to know your policies on every issue -- that has nothing to do with you excusing every Obama lie like a good sheep.
Same old same old - Bots would kill themselves if their cult leader told them to.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:28 AM

23,425 posts, read 17,108,332 times
Silence of the media violates code of ethics for journalists. It is clear the media and press have misplaced their copy of the journalists code of ethics. the reversals by Obama and pelosi are now legendary and where is the follow-up from the people charged with being our watchdogs?

SPJ Code of Ethics | Society of Professional Journalists | Improving and protecting journalism since 1909

A glimpse into some of the ethics by wjich journalists are to follow.

"Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable. Give voice to the voiceless.

– Support the open and civil exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.

– Recognize a special obligation to serve as watchdogs over public affairs and government. Seek to ensure that the public’s business is conducted in the open, and that public records are open to all.

– Provide access to source material when it is relevant and appropriate.

– Boldly tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience. Seek sources whose voices we seldom hear."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies