Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 02:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
First of all, when was the last time Republicans controlled the house, the Senate and the White House? Number two , why would republicans pass a law trying to overhaul heath care system? That's not their M.O. Third Bush passed the largest tax cuts since Reagan. There's your tax reform.
They took House and Senate during Clinton presidency and added White House in 2000. They had full control for a six years. Republicans have brought up health care reform many times, but they did not do anything about it. They also did nothing about immigration, and the "W" tax cuts was not a tax reform. A reform would clarify the million mile long tax code, eliminate loopholes and subsidies, and reduce corporate taxes. Tax cuts are nice, but when they are unfunded like Bush cuts, then they are just stupid and irresponsible. The current GOP is capable of writing a real tax reform, and I think they will start on that soon. That, or immigration should be their first priority.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:52 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011
Quiz: why didn't Obola go for single payer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He didn't have enough Congressional Dem votes to do it.

Didn't even really have the votes for Obamacare either.
The last few took a lot of pressure, coercion and bribes to get.

Then the Reconciliation Process was used which is not used for things such as this.
They barely scraped it in.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:28 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They took House and Senate during Clinton presidency and added White House in 2000. They had full control for a six years. Republicans have brought up health care reform many times, but they did not do anything about it. They also did nothing about immigration, and the "W" tax cuts was not a tax reform. A reform would clarify the million mile long tax code, eliminate loopholes and subsidies, and reduce corporate taxes. Tax cuts are nice, but when they are unfunded like Bush cuts, then they are just stupid and irresponsible. The current GOP is capable of writing a real tax reform, and I think they will start on that soon. That, or immigration should be their first priority.
Lol, you're going back to the Clinton era to blame republicans? Dude try to stay in present, I'm takling about the six years that Dems have had the white and the first two years of his administration, why didn't dems pass their version of immigration reform instead of trying to blame republicans?

Old 11-17-2014, 03:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, you're going back to the Clinton era to blame republicans? Dude try to stay in present, I'm takling about the six years that Dems have had the white and the first two years of his administration, why didn't dems pass their version of immigration reform instead of trying to blame republicans?
GOP had full control for six full years with Bush in the WH, not Clinton. I am simply asking you the same question as you are. Why should you own question offend you? Why did the GOP not do those things when they had six years of full control? I don't know why Dems didn't pass immigration during the two years. Maybe they were too busy with the health care and the economic meltdown. Health care took a long time, and didn't pass until 2010, which was their last year. If you want to stay present, then why doesn't GOP pass it now? Why are you going back to blame people who are no longer in Congress. Again, I am just asking your own questions.

Immigration is not my top concern. It is also not my top concern to wonder why someone didn't do something in the past when they could have. I am just throwing your own questions back at you. I am always an optimist, and I think GOP can make a difference (if they choose to), and I am also hopeful for some of the 2016 presidential possibilities, especially Huckabee.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:13 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Gruber came home from work today and
his dog pretended not to know him.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:15 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Myghost better go back to the drawing board for his racial outrage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Are you unaware that it paraphrases something Obama actually said?

Obama, in October 2010: "We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Old 11-17-2014, 04:19 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Oh, so you admit the dims are not very effective if they don't own the comp'ny sto', lock, stock and barrel. Too funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Regarding the bolded part of your post, please name me any one of Bush's initiatives that Democrats successfully blocked. The only agenda I can recall of Bush's that got blocked in his 8 years was comprehensive immigration reform and that was blocked by conservative republicans in his own party, certainly not by Democrats.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:24 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
If you lived through the Nixon administration or even the Clinton administration how can you possibly say this President has suffered more scrutiny by the Press? The charge of racisim is getting tired and worn out. President Obama has made major mistakes. The fact that he is black has nothing to do with his missteps.
Right.

But.....if one says anything against B. Hussein Obama or criticizes his actions, his race almost ALWAYS comes up. To do so is to be automatically branded racist.

So be it. Whatever....I just know that this man is just about the most polarizing and divisive politician we've ever had.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:25 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
This just confirms how removed Obama is - and has been - from the affairs of the country and its citizens.
Should anyone choose to argue that Obama is completely out of any information loop then the only excuse he has is that he has just thrown the major architect of his 'Signature Achievement' under the bus. Which would mean he denies that achievement.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
GOP had full control for six full years with Bush in the WH, not Clinton. I am simply asking you the same question as you are. Why should you own question offend you? Why did the GOP not do those things when they had six years of full control? I don't know why Dems didn't pass immigration during the two years. Maybe they were too busy with the health care and the economic meltdown. Health care took a long time, and didn't pass until 2010, which was their last year. If you want to stay present, then why doesn't GOP pass it now? Why are you going back to blame people who are no longer in Congress. Again, I am just asking your own questions.

Immigration is not my top concern. It is also not my top concern to wonder why someone didn't do something in the past when they could have. I am just throwing your own questions back at you. I am always an optimist, and I think GOP can make a difference (if they choose to), and I am also hopeful for some of the 2016 presidential possibilities, especially Huckabee.
Give the dates you speak of....just month and year......

The rest of your post, don't feel like responding...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies