Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 10:17 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times

Advertisements

I don't undertand liberal logic. Bush attended Harvard and Yale. He's not an idiot, unless you believe that everyone who goes to Harvard and Yale is the idiot child of former idiots who also attended Harvard and Yale, in which case only idiots would pay $50k a year to send their kids to a school full of idiots. Which basically says they are worthless schools.

Ironically, it is the liberals who have the obsession with the Ivy League. Smart dads send their kids to Stanford and Berkeley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 10:19 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
No,the American people will be the biggest losers in THIS election cycle..Clinton's have more money than the Pope so they will benefit in the GOP takeover financially and then when the GOP screws the goat,the Clinton's will benefit in '16 yet again.

As for GW? I think he wants to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible..he knows what
the American people thought of him as he left office..you could see it on his face inaguaration day
..he finally realize Cheney et al had used him as a dupe..at least he has enough class to stay out of the way now.
Agreed. Under W's leadership, we got involved into two useless wars, huge debt, Wall St meltdown, anti-gay hysteria. Why on earth would this man want to be in the spotlight after all of that?!! I disagree that W doesn't like the limelight. He often politicked (campaigned) in important cities of key Congresscritters to urge citizens to support his bills. Few Presidents could match his energy on the trail.
Clearly, George W Bush is NOT wanted just like Obama was not wanted. I wonder if this could be a pattern for Presidents in the modern era?

Old 11-09-2014, 10:22 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
We have had a number of friends who were recuperating in a military hospital from war wounds that got surprise visits from Bush when he was president and after his presidency had ended (one not too long ago). Everyone of them have talked about what a warm, easy to talk to guy he was, how he honestly seemed to care about their wounds, and genuinely seemed respect them and their sacrifices. I met him once, I told him I didn't like No Child Left Behind. He asked me why, I don't know if he really cared about my opinion, but he sure made me feel like he did. I still hate a lot of his policies, may probably never forgive him for NCLB, but I am a huge fan of the man.
I agree with you and I never voted for the man. He has a genuine Texas spirit that has not been lost, even with all that he has achieved with his family's help.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:30 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Agreed. Under W's leadership, we got involved into two useless wars, huge debt, Wall St meltdown, anti-gay hysteria. Why on earth would this man want to be in the spotlight after all of that?!! I disagree that W doesn't like the limelight. He often politicked (campaigned) in important cities of key Congresscritters to urge citizens to support his bills. Few Presidents could match his energy on the trail.
Clearly, George W Bush is NOT wanted just like Obama was not wanted. I wonder if this could be a pattern for Presidents in the modern era?
I think the last two have set a trend that may very well be the new thing from now on..I think social media now has a lot to do with that...you can get a bit of truth and a lot of lies in about 0.32 seconds now by using google and I think the American people are finally seeing politicians for what most of them are...parasites.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I don't undertand liberal logic. Bush attended Harvard and Yale. He's not an idiot, unless you believe that everyone who goes to Harvard and Yale is the idiot child of former idiots who also attended Harvard and Yale, in which case only idiots would pay $50k a year to send their kids to a school full of idiots. Which basically says they are worthless schools.

Ironically, it is the liberals who have the obsession with the Ivy League. Smart dads send their kids to Stanford and Berkeley.
He was a "Legacy" admission and 'C' student.

How many tutors the man relied on is as murky as his National Guard career.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:40 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Exactly..he couldn't get into U of T law,but "somehow" Yale saw his "potential"...yeah,THAT sounds about "right"

A his military career WAS a bit murky
What George W Bush Doesn't Want the World To Know

Old 11-09-2014, 11:50 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

It'd be great to discuss Obamas college transcripts if they weren't so buried where no one will ever see.

What's he got to hide anyway ?

Old 11-09-2014, 11:58 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post

I never had a problem with his pedigree, nor even his malapropisms. It is his decisions as sitting President that struck me as idiotic. Subtle things like ignoring the Bin Ladin memo before 9/11, and launching two wars while passing two massive tax cuts. Or saying Mission Accomplished a month into a ten year war.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
W is a tad bit smarter than the left gives him credit for, and definitely more humble than most left wing politicians. He was not going to give libs and pwogs an easy target that would detract from the wave of Republicans winning. Republicans, on the other hand, successfully made this election about the failed President and his failed policies.

Same strategy the Dems employed against the 'vulture capitalist' and dog abuser, Gov Mitt Romney.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:07 PM

156 posts, read 119,295 times
I've got a lot of respect for GWB. I didn't agree with the majority of his presidency but he seems like a genuinely good person. His work for aids relief in Africa is second to none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies