Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:28 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
LOL. Cash for clunkers? Sylondra? Job's council? That's the best you can come up with?

(Hint: ACA is working. Republicans blocked the shovel ready jobs)

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

My question stands.
Were they policies or not? Simple question...

Maybe you forgot this:

Live Mistake - OBAMA LAUGHS AT and SHOWS DISRESPECT to U.S. CITIZENS - YouTube

No, the ACA is not working....is it fully implemented? Of course not...

Your questions were answered, you don't like it and now just as any other leftie...your pouting...

:c rying:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 09:28 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes because the government has to remove money from the public sector in order to spend it.
Actually no it doesn't. You clearly have no idea how money is created. I recommend you educate yourself on public finances before participating in this discussion.

Quote:
That doesnt mean that more debt is needed to raise the GDP.. Thats nonsense...
That's exactly what it means. Where do you think money comes from?

Quote:
GDP is the total sum of all money spent, and the faster its spent and circulated, the higher the GDP..

That doesnt mean you need debt in order to raise the GDP..

If tomorrow there was some policy encouraging the businesses to spend the trillions of dollars they are sitting on, then tomorrow the GDP would rise by trillions of dollars.

NO debt by the federal government would be required to do so.

You are posting garbage and then expect people to take you seriously
Actually no I'm not. My formula stands.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Please, enlighten me as to what Obama policies have caused stagnant wages. I'm dying to know.
Already did, you ignored them.
Quote:
Actually, I'm certain of it.

GDP.

Feel free to explain this graph.
There isnt any part of that graph which backs up your statement that federal debt is needed to raise the GDP

Old 11-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'll stipulate that short term deficit spending will stimulate the economy temporarily but you have to go back and reduce that debt to facilitate long term economic progress. Eventually, the bills come due.
Oh really?

who is the "bill collector" for the U.S. government?

Old 11-09-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
There isnt any part of that graph which backs up your statement that federal debt is needed to raise the GDP
Clearly you can't read a graph.

Might want to go back to school....

Old 11-09-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Actually no it doesn't. You clearly have no idea how money is created. I recommend you educate yourself on public finances before participating in this discussion.
Money creation isnt GDP, money SPENT is..
Quote:
That's exactly what it means. Where do you think money comes from?
I know where it comes from but thats a different subject completely..

They've been pumping trillions of dollars into the economy over the last several years (QE), but the GDP hasnt grown by trillions of dollars...

There is a reason for that of course, because your synopsis is garbage
Quote:
Actually no I'm not. My formula stands.
Thats not YOUR forumla, and its not the formula in question, its your synospsis that something unrelated to the formula is required in order to increase the result.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:33 AM

671 posts, read 890,627 times
Wages are decided by supply and demand....The government hasn't managed the economy well enough. The bottom line is that the democrats put it's power base into the poorest and the richest of the country and somewhere along the line decided they didn't need the middle class to stay in power....That simple,,

Old 11-09-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Clearly you can't read a graph.

Might want to go back to school....
Oh I read the graph just fine. Please cite for me what part of the graph deals with debt.

In fact your own graph proves you WRONG..

From 2005 to 2010, federal spending as a percentage of GDP actually fell, but GDP rose..

the reason for this is of course that the private sector held onto that money and spent it, and the public sector has about 6-7 times the spending power that the federal government has.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Money creation isnt GDP, money SPENT is..
They are the same thing.

Money creation = deficit spending

GDP = Federal spending / money creation + private sector spending + net exports

Quote:
I know where it comes from but thats a different subject completely..

They've been pumping trillions of dollars into the economy over the last several years (QE), but the GDP hasnt grown by trillions of dollars...
I already told you to read up on fractional reserve banking. (hint hint!)

Quote:
There is a reason for that of course, because your synopsis is garbage

Thats not YOUR forumla, and its not the formula in question, its your synospsis that something unrelated to the formula is required in order to increase the result.
It isn't my formula.. it is the correct formula

Old 11-09-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Oh I read the graph just fine. Please cite for me what part of the graph deals with debt.

In fact your own graph proves you WRONG..

From 2005 to 2010, federal spending as a percentage of GDP actually fell, but GDP rose..

the reason for this is of course that the private sector held onto that money and spent it, and the public sector has about 6-7 times the spending power that the federal government has.
Wow, you really need to go back to math class.

Federal spending "fell," because if you look at the formula and move the values to the other side of the equation, you will realize that:

Federal spending = private sector spending + foreign sector balance (exports vs. imports)

The graph shows it. The government balance line is a direct inverse of the summation of households + businesses. Hence, the national debt = all the wealth floating around internationally and domestically in U.S. T-securities.

Please, go back to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies