Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They keep telling us "illegals" are growing the economy......I understand bring a few for education purposes, but why the poor, lots of them from everywhere.
It's called pandering.
My wife for example had her VISA interviews in English. NO Option... She also had to demonstrate that she was able to read and write in English.
My step daughter waits her turn. It's a 7 to 10 year wait. She speaks fluent English and has 2 college degrees.
Obama talks about illegals having to go to the back of the line. Well that line is 7 to 10 years long before they should even be allowed into the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 08:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
It's weird but HIS congress persons cheered when he stated that they were useless and that he would go around them with amnesty.

And......

HIS supporters, who are also the biggest whiners about the lack of "good paying jobs", support his calls for amnesty, which places further depression on wages by increasing the labor pool.

HIS people are dumb as dirt.

Enjoy!

Old 11-09-2014, 09:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Biden like other democrats are feeling their oats as the saying goes. Centralist do not think he can do anything now within party and results show distancing from him is a winner. What can he do fire Biden. Remember it was Biden who predicted that foreign policy wise he would be challenged because of a lack of experience in campaigning against him for nomination. Hillary said that nation didn't want him answering the red phone in mid of the night for same reason. Both have problem is that its too late from what they have publically stated since to put much distance. Remember it was Clinton centralist who loss committee members who wrote the platform in 2008 to left of party called progressives. Clinton long ago wrote in his book at you cannot govern effective in this country form the left;a lesson he learned first time as governor of Arkansas. Progressive are made up of a lot of self special interest groups all wanting a slice of the pie and priority for their cause. Its a foundation of special interest FDR formed but the numbers have grown and grown.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:43 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Imo, Obama is interested in bringing the United States down to a lower level and he has already been successful. Bringing in more and more people who would be on the dole will help him achieve this even more.
Well, in all fairness he did say he was going to fundamentally change America as we know it so none of his actions should be a surprise to anyone.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:47 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Why does the president care so much for non-citizens? Amnesty or as democrats like to call it "immigration reform" is not what America wants and it would be treasonous to give them amnesty at the flicker of a pen.
Cause then the Kenyan would become legal.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
It's funny how people complain it's so bad here in the U.S. yet people travel though dangerous territory, risk their lives to get here and Liberals want them here why? I thought you liberals say it's bad here.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's weird but HIS congress persons cheered when he stated that they were useless and that he would go around them with amnesty.

And......

HIS supporters, who are also the biggest whiners about the lack of "good paying jobs", support his calls for amnesty, which places further depression on wages by increasing the labor pool.

HIS people are dumb as dirt.

Enjoy!
Well you make a valid point. Those hurt by illegal immigration the most are our poor who compete for those jobs that illegals lowball. The construction jobs now done by so many illegals, as little as 10 years ago were done by US citizens. Ex. Drywall, masonry, paving, roofing, landscaping. All jobs that once paid a living wage.
Only about 2.5% of illegals work in agriculture. The rest have taken jobs Americans are more than willing to do for a living wage, just like we used to.
The service industry. Citizens did those jobs as well. Often it was wives doing it for extra income.
The laws as written make it next to impossible to hold an employer accountable. They can claim they didn't know. E-Verify would absolutely handle any large employer. I would impose it upon small employers as well.
Illegals will self deport. Make life harsh for any employer caught hiring illegals, and others will stop hiring illegals to avoid that fate. Make life impossible and they will have no choice but to self deport. They are here for only a couple reasons. Money, to drop an anchor baby, to avoid a hard life where they came from.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Why on earth would that be? Hilary pulls out the democrat vote and can disown Obama somewhat if she chooses to.

If the Republicans can't make some great moves over the next two years they will end up clobbered worse in 2016 than Obama in 2014. And the Democrats have an improving economy...a killer in a Presidential year.

And the only way I see the Republicans doing well is a sequence of deals with Obama...otherwise they get painted yet again as the party of NO.
I know you will say I am full of it but.............

I think Obama's obsession with reworking everything in his worldview includes also destroying the Democratic Party as well. I think he will announce sometime in the next 12 months the formation of his own party with Warren as it's candidate for 2016. I read that the Dem party is increasingly concerned that a good 80%+ of the money Obama has raised has in reality gone to OFA, Inc., which has morphed from Obama for America to Action for America to Organizing for America and currently sports a $1 Billion bank account.

I know this is crazy talk, but it's what my gut tells me.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:34 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Your numbers are simply absurd. The issue is not likely to sway the 2016 election any more effect the vote 100 times.
Yeah..ooookay...I guess we will see ..America is pretty solid against it or ANYTHING to do with it.

Should Obama be allowed to force through amnesty?

Old 11-10-2014, 06:45 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Read the article. "Angrily cut him off" is really "Obama gave him a look that ended that line of discussion."
And I'm sure the moment they were alone Obama told Joe: "I'm the President". He seems to have a need to remind people of that fact.

I hope he realizes that when he is out of office saying "I was the US president" doesn't have the same effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies