Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama be allowed to force through amnesty?
YES 14 7.33%
NO 177 92.67%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 12:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Actually the problem with the Senate bill in the house was that it would clearly have passed if voted on. Therefore the leadership blocked any vote on it. It was in fact blocked by a minority of the house. So even though the house is willing to vote for the Senate law it is blocked by a part of the Republican caucus.

In a similar matter the Senate will block any security only approaches. So you have a standoff that cannot be broken.

And note the House versions do not do anything to fix the problem. They ignore it to spend more money on the border where they will again fail. It is not clear that the border can be successfully locked down by any technique that the border dwellers will allow. You think Texas is willing to seal off the Rio Grande?
What exactly is your gripe? If the bill is not palatable to the House leadership, then the Senate and the President need to come up with a bill that is. It is that simple.

If you want a true example of obstructionism, look no further than soon-to-be Minority Leader Harry Reid. His desk is where bipartisan bills go to die. Strangely, King Obama isn't issuing Executive Orders on any of THOSE bills, now is he?

What we are witnessing is the same dirty and gutter politics from the Democrats and King Obama that resulted in the asz whipping they got last Tuesday.

Keep it up, I say.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:39 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
What exactly is your gripe? If the bill is not palatable to the House leadership, then the Senate and the President need to come up with a bill that is. It is that simple.

If you want a true example of obstructionism, look no further than soon-to-be Minority Leader Harry Reid. His desk is where bipartisan bills go to die. Strangely, King Obama isn't issuing Executive Orders on any of THOSE bills, now is he?

What we are witnessing is the same dirty and gutter politics from the Democrats and King Obama that resulted in the asz whipping they got last Tuesday.

Keep it up, I say.
Actually, we benefit from their stalemate since 99% of the time when the governmant passes 'Anything' we pay for it! As a middle class tax payer 'I pray for grid lock'

Old 11-11-2014, 12:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
first bolded: You are comparing apples to oranges.

Eviction process is never "that simple"
Again, if you want to argue, argue fairly. Don't blame the victims.
Eviction process is that simple. You prove that your tenant broke the lease, and they are issued eviction papers. Its just that simple.

And no, I'm not comparing apples and oranges. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal. Now, I can draw the distinction between, lets say a child rapist and a murderer and someone who has crossed an imaginary line for work. However, if we are going to bash them for criminals, and say "You are supporting criminals" then we have to say that, not all laws are ethical, and that some laws are made to be broken.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:00 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Eviction process is that simple. You prove that your tenant broke the lease, and they are issued eviction papers. Its just that simple..

It is almost like me saying as a childless woman, raising kid is that simple.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
It is almost like me saying as a childless woman, raising kid is that simple.
Well, I do know people that rent. I know someone who rents who has had to evict their tenant. A friend of mine in Florida has rental property. He owns, in fact, 4 different houses. I'm going to hang out with him this weekend. One of his tenants brought a dog in, her boyfriend, and three children. He had to evict her because, he didn't want pets in the house, and they were smoking. He wasn't so concerned about the people in the house, but the other things they were doing were going to ruin his carpets. He went and inspected the house after she had lived there for 6 months. It took about 2 weeks to get an eviction notice sent out, and she moved out within a few weeks of that. Did she have more time, yep. She moved.

Yes, its just that simple to evict someone. Especially if they are illegal immigrants, just call the immigration enforcement office. Papers please? They would go running, or be deported, wouldn't they?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Well, I do know people that rent. I know someone who rents who has had to evict their tenant. A friend of mine in Florida has rental property. He owns, in fact, 4 different houses. I'm going to hang out with him this weekend. One of his tenants brought a dog in, her boyfriend, and three children. He had to evict her because, he didn't want pets in the house, and they were smoking. He wasn't so concerned about the people in the house, but the other things they were doing were going to ruin his carpets. He went and inspected the house after she had lived there for 6 months. It took about 2 weeks to get an eviction notice sent out, and she moved out within a few weeks of that. Did she have more time, yep. She moved.

Yes, its just that simple to evict someone. Especially if they are illegal immigrants, just call the immigration enforcement office. Papers please? They would go running, or be deported, wouldn't they?
I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make at this point. It looks like you are pro illegal immigrants and you want to make all illegals legal.

I disagree. And quit comparing Illegals to Rosa parks. Again, you are comparing apples to oranges, which you do often.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make at this point. It looks like you are pro illegal immigrants and you want to make all illegals legal.

I disagree. And quit comparing Illegals to Rosa parks. Again, you are comparing apples to oranges, which you do often.
My point? You said that illegals do this massive thing of living in apartments and lying about the number of tenants. My point was, thats not a problem with immigrants, its a problem with the apartment manager not doing their job.

I can compare illegals to Rosa Parks.

Heres another, Slaves. They weren't citizens, they were legal held property. Yet, when they escaped to free states, people said that was a good thing. Still broke the law, still weren't citizens with rights under the constitution, but they broke the law.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Keep it up, I say.
More nonsense. Reid is obviously in tune with his caucus. Otherwise he would cease to be the majority leader. I am no Reid fan. He screwed up big time in this last election cycle and will likely lose to Sandoval if he runs again.

The Republican bills are pointless and unacceptable to the Democrats who will block them forever. The bipartisan group of 8 attempted a solution acceptable to both sides and succeeded. But the House Republican Caucus minority blocked it.

So how do you ever expect to achieve a compromise when a blocking minority will never allow it?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:

I can compare illegals to Rosa Parks.

Heres another, Slaves. They weren't citizens, they were legal held property. Yet, when they escaped to free states, people said that was a good thing. Still broke the law, still weren't citizens with rights under the constitution, but they broke the law.
Slaves should have been taken care of because some folks brought them here.

If illegals felt they were slaves, don't come here, or leave. It is THAT SIMPLE.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Slaves should have been taken care of because some folks brought them here.

If illegals felt they were slaves, don't come here, or leave. It is THAT SIMPLE.
Some slaves weren't brought here. Some came over on ships as free people and then were taken into slavery. Most were brought here yes, but them escaping was still against the law that you find it terrible not to support.

My point is this, as I've said, some laws are made to be broken. We have an economic system that needs more labor. Unemployment or not, there are people trying to come here and work. I want to open our borders up to all immigrants who are healthy, not felons, who want to start a life and live here like everyone else. Thats what 95% of illegals that are here now want, and I support that. We need to have a immigration system that allows more, not less, legal immigrants to come here. Until our lawmakers act, then I have no issue with them breaking a law that is decades old and needs reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies