Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama be allowed to force through amnesty?
YES 14 7.33%
NO 177 92.67%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Some slaves weren't brought here. Some came over on ships as free people and then were taken into slavery. Most were brought here yes, but them escaping was still against the law that you find it terrible not to support.

My point is this, as I've said, some laws are made to be broken. We have an economic system that needs more labor. Unemployment or not, there are people trying to come here and work. I want to open our borders up to all immigrants who are healthy, not felons, who want to start a life and live here like everyone else. Thats what 95% of illegals that are here now want, and I support that. We need to have a immigration system that allows more, not less, legal immigrants to come here. Until our lawmakers act, then I have no issue with them breaking a law that is decades old and needs reform.
bolded is simply insane.

Now you want to open borders.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:33 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So, we should tolerate Illegal Aliens from breaking our laws because American citizens break our laws?

Not only that but since when are our immigration laws "bad" laws? They are based on our ability to provide them with jobs and resources therefore there are quotas. Anything above that aka illegal immigration negates those sane quotas.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
bolded is simply insane.

I want to allow all immigrants in, who are checked, screened, and fit certain criteria yes.

I have said before, I want an Ellis Island type facility along the southern border.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I want to allow all immigrants in, who are checked, screened, and fit certain criteria yes.

I have said before, I want an Ellis Island type facility along the southern border.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
Unfortunately, the mentality that gave America such a large infusion of hopeful and hardworking immigrants to this country has vanished and has been replaced with something much different. For one, immigrants entering America through Ellis Island came in with no preconceived beliefs that the United States owed them anything. Instead, immigrants entered the country with gracious humility to seek out the “American Dream.”

Old 11-11-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Slaves should have been taken care of because some folks brought them here.

If illegals felt they were slaves, don't come here, or leave. It is THAT SIMPLE.
Correct. Blacks were not here illegally in our country and they deserved citizenship Lawbreaking illegal aliens are not and do not deserve our citizenship.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:05 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, the mentality that gave America such a large infusion of hopeful and hardworking immigrants to this country has vanished and has been replaced with something much different. For one, immigrants entering America through Ellis Island came in with no preconceived beliefs that the United States owed them anything. Instead, immigrants entered the country with gracious humility to seek out the “American Dream.”
That is pretty much true of the Mexicans. The only real welfare they can get is for America born children or the ER.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:07 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Correct. Blacks were not here illegally in our country and they deserved citizenship Lawbreaking illegal aliens are not and do not deserve our citizenship.
That actually was not the thought at the time. Lincoln was considering plans to ship them back to Africa...

Old 11-11-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
That is pretty much true of the Mexicans. The only real welfare they can get is for America born children or the ER.
Illegal immigrants are not limited to Mexicans or Latino communities.

"Foreign-born militant Islamic terrorists have used almost every conceivable means of entering the country. They have come as students, tourists, and business visitors. They have also been Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) and naturalized U.S. citizens. They have snuck across the border illegally, arrived as stowaways on ships, used false passports, and have been granted amnesty. Terrorists have even used America’s humanitarian tradition of welcoming those seeking asylum."

The Open Door: How Militant Islamic Terrorists Entered and Remained in the United States, 1993-2001 | Center for Immigration Studies

Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 PM

We already have a legal process to follow and why in the hell should we have an Ellis Island at our southern border? Are Mexicans special? A poem placed on the Statue of Liberty long ago does not reflect our needs today and it didn't say to come through the back door like a thief in the night but through the Golden Door. Yearning to be free? Um, last I looked Mexicans are free in their own country. They are under a Democracy just like we are. Today we have job and resource shortages along with a much larger population. You can't compare yesterday to today.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
bolded is simply insane.

I know just how idiotic can one get? If we opened our borders to everyone on this planet we'd have 2 billion impoverished in this country. Well, maybe he just wants Mexicans to be able to come here. Are Mexicans special?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies