Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Obama be allowed to force through amnesty?
YES 14 7.33%
NO 177 92.67%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:23 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Actually, read the link I posted.

All illegal immigrants pay taxes. When they buy food, gasoline, cell phones, electricity, just like you and me.

In fact, they even pay social security, medicare, and income taxes as well, as many employers that use them will use false SS#'s which take years to find in the system. So you have 3 or 4 people paying in for the same SSI #, and 2 or 3 of them will never collect.

Check your facts friend.
Check out your facts. Three or four people using the same SSN does not equate to one person paying taxes. By your own logic(?) if three or four people use one card, assuming it is a legal card, two or three of them do not pay taxes. Get it? They also do not pay medicare or income taxes. Hence they pay considerably less than they produce, they cost money. As for the other taxes that you claim they pay, not so much. Same theory applies.

You are in fantasyland.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:41 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
They may pay sales taxes but they don't pay income taxes. Most of them file for EC credit because they have broods of kids and not only don't they owe any income taxes but many times they get back more than they pay in. Those who work under the table don't pay income taxes. The lies just keep on coming in here, don't they?

They use our ER's as medical clinics and don't pay for their services. They give birth on our dime also. If they produce any anchors they are entitled to all kinds of welfare benefits through them. They send a lot of their income out of our country which isn't spent in our economy. The list goes on and on.

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-11-2014 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-20-2014, 01:30 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They may pay sales taxes but they don't pay income taxes. Most of them file for EC credit because they have broods of kids and not only don't they owe any income taxes but many times they get back more than they pay in. Those who work under the table don't pay income taxes. The lies just keep on coming in here, don't they?

They use our ER's as medical clinics and don't pay for their services. They give birth on our dime also. If they produce any anchors they are entitled to all kinds of welfare benefits through them. They send a lot of their income out of our country which isn't spent in our economy. The list goes on and on.
And we in the middle class pay for it all. What will they do when we are all gone?

Old 11-20-2014, 01:37 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I am all for people coming to America if they choose to. I am all for people getting the healthcare that they all deserve. I can only imagine the deplorable and unacceptable lifestyles that some must endure in other countries. Human beings deserve better than that. And they come to America trying to find it. Dang!, we are the greatest nation.

Immigration reform is needed. There is a way to make this a win/win situation, and pushing a bill through as an emergency on executive power is not the way to do it. Just like Obamacare is not the way to deliver healthcare to the masses. Yes, both are needed, but there are legal and proper ways of establishing such things. But I would not expect the crybabies in Washington to figure that out, for that would mean that they would first have to work together, and no one there wants to do that. It is easier to sit around and argue than to go out and work.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:38 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
I heard he was planning on an executive order shortly. This traitorous Kenyan dictator-in-chief should be impeached. Why won't the gutless Republicans do it?!

Old 11-20-2014, 01:42 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
That simply isn't true. We have 11.7 million undocumented people here, illegal aliens, as it were. Of those, few have committed any acts of law breaking, outside of crossing the border. They simply want to work here, live here, and be Americans.

I'd like you to prove this point, without a CIS biased site. I'll look up the numbers, and debunk them, just like I did earlier.

As I posted in the other thread, Immigrants actually create more jobs, and help the economy, far more then they hurt it with any welfare they may be on. Most aren't on welfare.
If they have taken one penny of a legal American's hard earned money, in the form of assistance, then they are worse than thieves.

And please, don't sugar coat it - it's not "outside of crossing the border". When I go to Canada, I "cross the border". These people are illegally coming into this country. So they ARE criminals.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:44 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From your own link here:

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[1]

The difference was that Reagan signed an immigration bill that was passed by Congress. The Obama has deliberately shut Congress out of his proposed actions to pass amnesty.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If they have taken one penny of a legal American's hard earned money, in the form of assistance, then they are worse than thieves.

And please, don't sugar coat it - it's not "outside of crossing the border". When I go to Canada, I "cross the border". These people are illegally coming into this country. So they ARE criminals.
You sound just like my neighbor.....

... who used illegals when her roof bids came in.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:47 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
A sitting President cannot be removed from office as long as 1/3rd +1 of the Senate
votes not to remove him in impeachment.
The problem is that with elected Senators, (Seventeenth Amendment, 1913)
the sitting POTUS can break the law and not be stopped legally.
This could easily continue to a martial law situation in which the President
executive orders a suspension of the Bill of Rights to protect citizens.
With 1/3 of Senators willing to support him, complete tyranny is allowed.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

No, because then that legal Americans hard earned money goes further at the grocery store when they buy milk, produce, and numerous other items which are 25% cheaper or more in some cases because of that illegals work.

So give .01 cent, and get back a dollar. I'll take that deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies