Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:25 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,366,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The point is, the military is comprised of generally politically conservative men and women who have volunteered to put their lives on the line so that even liberals can have the right to vilify them. It's a powerful example of turning the other cheek.
I have a hard time agreeing with this. I really don't see how the actions of our military in any of their engagements since say World War 2 have anything at all to do with protecting our right to freedom of speech.

If anything, our own politicians, on both sides, undermine that on a daily basis.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:36 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,891,797 times
Default This Thread = Epic Fail

My father served in the US Army during WW2, landed at Normandy after D-Day, was in the Signal Corps under Gen. Omar Bradley, fought in the Battle of the Ardennes (where he was awarded a medal) ... then shipped to Okinawa and was in the Pacific Theater of the War.

He was a liberal.

My mother joined the US Navy - something rare for women in those days - just as she was graduating high school after Pearl Harbor and was promoted to be an officer and worked in Washington.

She was a liberal.

They were both patriotic and admirable and successful people. And they were liberals.

So what is the point of this thread, except to bash liberals?

I mean, it's no longer polite or acceptable to hate and ridicule African-Americans or Jews ... even though many (if not most) conservatives are racists and anti-semites. So they despise liberals. They will not miss an opportunity to defame and spew hatred against liberals.

Oh, and gay people, too. They hate gay people.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:40 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,366,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
My father served in the US Army during WW2, landed at Normandy after D-Day, was in the Signal Corps under Gen. Omar Bradley, fought in the Battle of the Ardennes (where he was awarded a medal) ... then shipped to Okinawa and was in the Pacific Theater of the War.

He was a liberal.

My mother joined the US Navy - something rare for women in those days - just as she was graduating high school after Pearl Harbor and was promoted to be an officer and worked in Washington.

She was a liberal.

They were both patriotic and admirable and successful people. And they were liberals.

I mean, it's no longer polite or acceptable to hate and ridicule African-Americans or Jews ... even though many (if not most) conservatives are racists and anti-semites. So they despise liberals. They will not miss an opportunity to defame and spew hatred against liberals.

Yet here you are saying most conservatives are racists and anti-semites.
Pot, meet kettle.

...and you DO realize that the liberals from 70 years ago are quite different from the liberals of today, right?

Old 11-11-2014, 04:42 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,774,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
It's an emergency exit. You don't see a problem with blocking an emergency exit at an event with thousands upon thousands of people? DERP

That six year old should have been taken from her retarded parents that put her in that situation. What kind of an idiot brings a six year old to a potential riot situation?

You should read this. It will help you understand my sentiment in regards to this discussion.
Logic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh right, I see your point. It's perfectly reasonable for a cop to spray mace on a six year old, given the circumstances.

And yes, they're sitting on the ground, in the outdoors, in a single line, on a sidewalk, covering their heads... they're not refusing to move because someone needs help. You honestly think that it would have been hard for about 10 people to move out of formation for a few seconds if there was an emergency situation?

You're in absolutely no position to think you have logic on your side... you do have a pretty good grasp on obnoxiousness though.

Last edited by Spatula City; 11-11-2014 at 04:58 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 04:52 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,919,405 times
True heroism to an American liberal means announcing who you like to have sex with, so long as it isn't a member of the opposite sex.

Liberals have always denigrated the military and the people in it. This article is just another effort to diminish those serving in the military.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:56 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,774,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The point is, the military is comprised of generally politically conservative men and women who have volunteered to put their lives on the line so that even liberals can have the right to vilify them. It's a powerful example of turning the other cheek.
The taliban are also generally politically conservative men (and some women) who have volunteered to put their lives on the line so that Americans have the right to vilify them.

They are truly heroes.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:57 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,891,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Yet here you are saying most conservatives are racists and anti-semites.
Pot, meet kettle.

...and you DO realize that the liberals from 70 years ago are quite different from the liberals of today, right?
1. I said many (if not most) ... not all conservatives.

2. First of all people like my parents held these liberal ideals throughout their lives ... in my parent's case until they passed away a decade ago. They were supporters of civil rights, equality for women, gay marriage and gay rights, pro-choice, pro-environment, a livable wage for working people. They were also pro-Second Amendment so they were not monolithic in their views.

The bottom line: as veterans they were pro-veteran, and often it was the Republicans who would not support medical, psychological, housing and other benefits for veterans.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:59 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,276,934 times
Quote:
It amuses me. Although to be fair I don't think that was the point.

Quote:

And atheists too. Oh, and those of us with educations as well.

It's no wonder they hold Ted Nugent in such high regard; there's no one else left!

Old 11-11-2014, 05:00 PM

109 posts, read 74,217 times
Quote:
1. I said many (if not most) ... not all conservatives.
Where's your statistical data for that? Oh that's right you're a race baiter with no data to support you.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:11 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,175,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Freedom-loving right-winger thinks being in the wrong place merits being maced by government employee and not, say, being asked to move.

Yeah! She might get maced by a cop!

I'm baffled as to why people don't bring goggles and bear spray to these things.
#1 I'm not a right winger, I'm anti-war, and I don't think soldiers are heroes= huge fail on your part, but kudos for you for assuming I'm one of "them" because I debunked some stupid propoganda LOL

#2 They did ask those people to move. In fact, They even picked them up and physically moved them so they could get a fire truck and ambulance on the campus, but like idiots more people sat down and refused to move so they were told that if they didn't move that they would be pepper-sprayed. The end result was a grip of morons being sprayed by a cop that even supported their cause. You can't help but laugh at how retarded these people must have been.

The second photo is from a separate incident that didn't even take place in the united states. I couldn't tell you anything about that incident other than the fact that a kid that age shouldn't have been there. If that picture infuriates you, the you should be thankful you live in the united States and not Brazil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies