Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Body Cameras for the Cops?
Yes 147 91.88%
No 13 8.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, what you make it sound like is the officer should have it on 24/7 365. Thats not the case. We are saying while at work, while on duty, no other time. That isn't the USSR. Massive straw man you just put up there.
Humans don't deserve to be treated inhumane the second they punch into work... I never want to see a fellow human being required to wear a body camera at any time of his or her life. sorry if this shocks some of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Humans don't deserve to be treated inhumane the second they punch into work... I never want to see a fellow human being required to wear a body camera at any time of his or her life. sorry if this shocks some of you.
Then don't work there. No one is forcing you to be a police officer. You weren't conscripted

Old 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Then don't work there. No one is forcing you to be a police officer. You weren't conscripted
Why do you keep telling me not to be a cop?

I am arguing on the behalf of my fellow human beings who are police officers, i don't want to see them being required to walk around with body cameras because i think its unethical and against their privacy.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:33 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,930 times
Quote:

I am arguing on the behalf of my fellow human beings who are police officers, i don't want to see them being required to walk around with body cameras because i think its unethical and against their privacy.
You're at work, unless you're in the bathroom -- there's no "right to privacy".

Old 11-11-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Because you, or them, or whoever don't have to be at work at that job. Its a choice you, or they made, to be a police officer. Quit, join a private security firm, maybe they won't make you wear cameras.

I'm sure the people at McDonalds hate those outfits. Remember the movie "office space" and "flare" she was required to wear at work? She didn't want to wear it, so she quit, and went to work next door.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
You're at work, unless you're in the bathroom -- there's no "right to privacy".
So what is it about work that makes it okay for an employer to treat you inhumane? we still have rights at work. and i guarantee you people aren't going to be okay being treated at such a low level... no way would i require a fellow human to wear a body camera if i was an employer.

You guys like the image of people who are required to walk around with body cameras? that is fine, just know your opinions are not going to be loved by everyone and we will fight our hearts out against it if you people try to push this requirement on our fellow humans.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
So what is it about work that makes it okay for an employer to treat you inhumane? we still have rights at work. and i guarantee you people aren't going to be okay being treated at such a low level... no way would i require a fellow human to wear a body camera if i was an employer.

You guys like the image of people who are required to walk around with body cameras? that is fine, just know your opinions are not going to be loved by everyone and we will fight our hearts out against it if you people try to push this requirement on our fellow humans.
Its not inhumane treatment. Its not like they have a bullwhip after you. They require you to wear a camera as part of your uniform. Lots of places have uniforms, some uglier then others.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Because you, or them, or whoever don't have to be at work at that job. Its a choice you, or they made, to be a police officer. Quit, join a private security firm, maybe they won't make you wear cameras.

I'm sure the people at McDonalds hate those outfits. Remember the movie "office space" and "flare" she was required to wear at work? She didn't want to wear it, so she quit, and went to work next door.
The job of a police officer is to protect and to serve the community, not to be treated like sh-t by big government. sorry.

and there you go again trying to compare BODY CAMERAS to something incomparable... you can't compare anything to the idea of requiring a fellow human to wear a body camera, sorry...

Old 11-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The job of a police officer is to protect and to serve the community, not to be treated like sh-t by big government. sorry.

and there you go again trying to compare BODY CAMERAS to something incomparable... you can't compare anything to the idea of requiring a fellow human to wear a body camera, sorry...
No, its not the job of the police to protect and serve, that is wrong and a falsification of their job. Their job is to enforce the law.

Body cameras are small, and don't have to be some big should device. Police officers are required to carry a gun at work, does that violate their rights to?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Its not inhumane treatment. Its not like they have a bullwhip after you. They require you to wear a camera as part of your uniform. Lots of places have uniforms, some uglier then others.
Not everyone agrees with you, you like body cameras, you would be okay to wear a body camera... that is cool... however i am hear to tell you i am not okay with it and i know many other people won't fly with the idea of requiring people to wear a body camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies