Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:18 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times

Advertisements

Just a heads up.

Maybe it's my browser but I get a lot of popups, one advertisement redirect and a couple of certificate expired warnings on the link.

It is a valid newspaper but the article is in it's blog section?

I have multiple paid for apps for viruses, malware and trojans (and key loggers
) .. none have giving any indication of any shenanigans!
Quote:
The head of Missouri's most visible KKK group claims his "Klanline" is being flooded with calls from prospective recruits angered by the continuing protests in Ferguson.

"Missouri is definitely on fire right now," says Frank Ancona, the imperial wizard of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. In the past the group made headlines by passing out fliers for a KKK neighborhood watch program, but Ancona tells Daily RFT the Ferguson protests are attracting a new wave hopeful hood-wearers. He says he's inducted 50 new members to the group's Missouri chapter this month, and numbers are up in Ohio and Alabama as well.

"These Ferguson protesters are the best recruiters since Obama," he says. "Normally we might hear from ten people a week in Missouri, and now we're hearing from more like fifty people a week. Sometimes, depending on these news stories, we get 100, 200 calls in a day."
Missouri KKK Leader: Ferguson Protests Are Boosting Recruitment [UPDATED] | Riverfront Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 10:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Just a heads up.

Maybe it's my browser but I get a lot of popups, one advertisement redirect and a couple of certificate expired warnings on the link.

It is a valid newspaper but the article is in it's blog section?

I have multiple paid for apps for viruses, malware and trojans (and key loggers
) .. none have giving any indication of any shenanigans!

Missouri KKK Leader: Ferguson Protests Are Boosting Recruitment [UPDATED] | Riverfront Times
I got none of those things when finding the article through a search engine. Maybe it is your browser.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Quote:
...But Ancona says the time for such restraint is over. He cites death threats made against police officers on social media and statements from outspoken activists, such as notoriously inflammatory livestreamer Bassem Masri, as reasons the Klan can no longer stay on the sidelines.

"I call them terrorists, not protesters," he says.
Well, he's not wrong about that...it's just a little hypocritical of a group like the KKK calling someone else terrorists as if they never had a history of terrorizing people.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Yup stupidity will breed more stupidity.

Same as it ever was.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:17 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I thought that whole KKK /Ferguson thing was shot down as being made up? I think the first time around the Southern Poverty Law Center tried to pass it off as legitimate but it quickly was revealed to be a hoax. One guy says something, who may not even exist, and we're supposed to believe it? The authorities won't be wasting time worrying about a KKK threat where none exists.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:36 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I thought that whole KKK /Ferguson thing was shot down as being made up? I think the first time around the Southern Poverty Law Center tried to pass it off as legitimate but it quickly was revealed to be a hoax. One guy says something, who may not even exist, and we're supposed to believe it? The authorities won't be wasting time worrying about a KKK threat where none exists.
The black racists and the white racists are circling that dung heap like flies.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:51 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
There is a Klavern a few miles north of my shop..not saying it means anything at all,but over the last few months I have noticed a BIG increase in confederate flags in truck back windows and a few more of these stickers as well.

T-Shirts - ****** Jokes, Tightrope Records - Tightrope Records--White Power--White Pride--KKK--Ku Klux Klan--Skinhead--Nazi--Shirts - The Original Boys In The Hood t-shirt, kkk, ku klux klan

Like I say,maybe I've just had my head up my butt and not noticed them before,but it seems that I am seeing a lot of them now.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:07 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The black racists and the white racists are circling that dung heap like flies.
I don't think this would be a good time for me to go to Missouri(at least the Greater STL area).

Old 11-13-2014, 12:09 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
There is a Klavern a few miles north of my shop..not saying it means anything at all,but over the last few months I have noticed a BIG increase in confederate flags in truck back windows and a few more of these stickers as well.

T-Shirts - ****** Jokes, Tightrope Records - Tightrope Records--White Power--White Pride--KKK--Ku Klux Klan--Skinhead--Nazi--Shirts - The Original Boys In The Hood t-shirt, kkk, ku klux klan

Like I say,maybe I've just had my head up my butt and not noticed them before,but it seems that I am seeing a lot of them now.
Where I live, I'm seeing more people fly Confederate flags from their trucks. Not as many as it could be, but I am seeing more of it. As soon as I get enough money, I'm moving elsewhere.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:52 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
I guess they didn't get the memo.

The new face of the KKK: Black, Jewish, and gay? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Old 11-13-2014, 01:51 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Meanwhile, poor little innocent Mike Brown's Mom has been arrested for felony burglary. Model citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies