Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 01:00 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
No, I'm just crazy good looking

Seriously, a shove in a convenience store and stealing cheap Swish cigars, a
dangerous criminal it does not make.

But then maybe it's just me, who noticed the difference from ^^^ and an armed robbery,
where people actually get hurt, and they are dangerous.
What about attacking a police officer? Does that qualify one as a dangerous criminal?

Old 11-25-2014, 01:02 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
He was on his knees when he got shot in the head.
You may be right. After being hit 5-6 times as he was charging Wilson there is a chance the last shot hit him as he dropped to his knees.
Do you shoot? If you are getting off 4-5 shots over 2-3 seconds there is a good chance your last shot is being made as the bad guy is hitting the ground.

But you would know that since you probably shoot and practice with a semi-automatic handgun.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:02 PM

518 posts, read 469,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
What about attacking a police officer? Does that qualify one as a dangerous criminal?
Pretty much once he tried to get the gun and hit the officer the only thing he could do to not be legally shot was to lay down and surrender. Any movement from that point on justifies shooting on the part of the police.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Seriously, a shove in a convenience store and stealing cheap Swish cigars, a
dangerous criminal it does not make.
Recall how he turned around and went after the store owner ? He did the same thing with the cop.
It was way more than a shove.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
The strong arm robbery showed a lot about Browns character. He was a big guy who knew his size was intimidating. Reaching in and punching the cop also showed he thought nothing of using his muscle if anyone dare anger him.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:07 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I haven't even been paying attention to this.

It's 1,000 miles away... it's a local issue... I will never know the truth of what happened... and a bunch of idiots are behaving badly in ruining the lives of many innocent business owners - very sad.

I want no part of this in my attention span.
Good game on things. Can't disagree at all. For my part, I have been examining this more than I probably should. For some reason , I find d the "human" behavior in this riotous mess, strangely fascinating. In the animal kingdom, humans are unique in being willing to foul there own territory. Wanton destruction of what is needed to stay alive. Wow!

I am certainly glad to be where I am . Ferguson, MO is just about far enough away. Quite glad I don't live there. I'm OK with peace and quiet.

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
So are the "protesters" planning more "protests" tonight or in the future? Or did they do enough damage to their communities already?

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Here's the Reader's Digest version of events. Read the officer's testimony....

1) Michael Brown rob store
2) Michael Brown stole some cigarellos....mmmmm....tasty
3) Michael Brown shoved and assaulted store owner
4) Officer Wilson gets call advising him of robbery
5) Officer Wilson rolls up on scene and identifies suspect(s)
6) Officer Wilson blocks road with car
7) Officer Wilson and Michael Brown exchange words (READ the officers sworn testimony)
8) Michael Brown, thinking he is invincible and above the law, scuffles with Officer Wilson in car
9) Officer Wilson can't use Baton, has no taser and has to shoot at "gentle thug" Michael
10) Michael, suddenly realizes he is not invincible and while the law bends over backwards to the point of absurdity to defend his type of idiot, decides to run as bullets don't really give a #$%$ what color you are, just ask all the dead blacks in Chicago...
11) Officer Wilson gets out of car and commands Michael, not-so-smart-thug-turned robber, Brown to stop
12) For whatever reason(s), Michael Brown ignores his survival instincts and decides he can whip Wilson AND the 40mm pistol full of bullets he is holding and charges
13) Officer Wilson opens fire on gentle Michael charging...
14) Gentle Michael is hit several times, stops, and charges again
15) Wilson, in a state of shock, notices unbelievably, that Michael is charging...again
16) Officer Wilson opens fire, again, Michael starts to stumble and final shot ends all neural activity in wild game's body due to the shot entering the top of Michael's head
17) Michael realizes bad choice and quietly goes to sleep, forever <-----Darwin Moment
18) Minutes, hours, and days later, or whenever a camera appears, a litany of false witnesses shows up because afterall, Michael, whom few know, is one of their own so lying is okay, even to a Federal Grand Jury...no problem
19) Michael lays in street for 4 hours as no one will touch the crime scene, nothing more
20) 3 autopsies are done and all come up with same result, Michael was NEVER shot in back despite the empassioned lies of some "witnesses" who obviously were dillusional with race baiting
21) Toxocology report comes in and shows Michael was full of pot and is immediately dismissed by his coooomoooonity along with his armed robbery antics and assault. Media does same.
22) Trouble makers from this esteemed community begin to burn it down hours later if for no other reason than to just see it burn out of boredom
23) More trouble makers from out of town roll in to see what "they can add" to the situation
24) Al Sharpton diverts his flight from Chicago, ahem, to Ferguson where the real action and race baiting is
25) Then, the ever helpful hating Eric Holder, never missing a chance to prosecute whites arrives and adds his two cents
26) Holder realizes, much to his dismay, that it was a justifiable shoot and leaves days later in disgust as he "almost had em'"
27) President weighs-in, most folks laugh except that liberal white contingent full of guilt, angry crowd yells "Preach on Reverend! aka Don't be a Menace to Society while Drinkin Juice in da' Hood" movie, grandma style
28) Many unemployed folks lay around for 90 days under the guise of "they care".
29) Rioters wait for the seond half cuz dat shiite iz fun!"
30) After millions spent holding order and millions more paid in insurance claims, situation remains the same
31) Millions more spent on Grand Jury
32) Grand Jury reviews evidence for 3 MONTHS
33) Despite Holder and the President's best efforts, there wasn't enough evidence to so much as give Officer Wilson a ticket for discharging a firearm in public
34) "Peaceful protesters" now rested and revvvvvved up from drinking Vodka and Red Bull all day are waiting for a no indictment decision so they can do all sorts of ill #$%$....again....
35) And on queue by the President's veiled messages, the "peaceful protesters" start rioting
36) Race Relations are now set back 50 years
37) Both sides hate each other more, if that were even possible
38) Liberal Whites are embarrassed as even they understand basic evidentiary results despite the stupidity of some of them and their questions to the Prosecuting attorney last evening
39) Score is now 1-1....OJ being 1 Victory, Michael Brown being one loss
40) No comment from the UN
41) Stupid comments from Al Sharpton as he concedes defeat to his opponent
42) President spending much time on another boring speech that does nothing to change things
43) Holder is steaming and trying to come up with ways to indict Wilson, good luck.
44) Game over.

Got it?
I like it. +1.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:09 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
So are the "protesters" planning more "protests" tonight or in the future? Or did they do enough damage to their communities already?

What makes you think the rioters/looters were locals?

Lots of folks arrested from the first rounds of "protests" were from nowhere near St Louis, several were even from out of state.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:10 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
It saddens me that a number of people in Ferguson will be left without work as a result of businesses being set on fire, all because of a bunch of worthless uncivilized scumbags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies