Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 08:40 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Let the protests continue.
Protests should be allowed to continue, as long as people feel they have something to protest.
Criminal activity, however, like looting, robbery, assault, and destruction of private property, needs to be stopped as quickly & efficiently as possible.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:40 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Let the protests continue.

Exactly. This isn't about justice or about facts. It's about hatred and anger towards the idea that you should actually be expected to behave yourself, and the fact that anyone, especially white people, dare to suggest you should act civilly. If Michael Brown had gotten the cops gun and killed him, it seems he'd be a friggin' hero to some of the people in Ferguson, they despise the cops and white people so much.

"My ancestors were brought here on slave ships, why should I behave myself?"

That is the real undercurrent of this situation, not police force, not this particular case.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Quiz Time:
I do a strong arm robbery, when an officer try's to arrest me, I punch him and try to take his gun. I get shot, why?
(A) Racial reasons
(B) I was shot for no reason at all
(C) Because I did a robbery, assaulted and officer, and went for his gun.
(D) If I live like a thug, that is a hazard of my lifestyle.
(E) Because I am a menace to society.
(F) Both A and B
(G) C, D, and E

Old 11-26-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Quiz Time:
I do a strong arm robbery, when an officer try's to arrest me, I punch him and try to take his gun. I get shot, why?
(A) Racial reasons
(B) I was shot for no reason at all
(C) Because I did a robbery, assaulted and officer, and went for his gun.
(D) If I live like a thug, that is a hazard of my lifestyle.
(E) Because I am a menace to society.
(F) Both A and B
(G) C, D, and E
Look, the #1 answer that any cop gives when he shoots someone is that "the guy went for my gun". You have to assume that a cop would never lie about something like that to cover his own mistake or excessive force...and if you assume that, you're either a liar or nor very bright.

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Lets not forget that this was no innocent child walking home from school. He was a thug who just finished robbing a convenience store, threatening the owner when confronted and assaulting a police officer. Whether the shooting was justified or not, the world is a better place without people like Michael Brown.
Nah, he was a gentle giant.

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Racist Jessie Jackson. Al Sharpton, Black Panthers, and Eric Holder enraged the people.

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
That probably explains why Dorian Johnson showed little or no remorse when being interviewed on MSNBC when this dead friend was mentioned.

Be careful who you support, people. I think this Dorian Johnson character is no choir boy either.
Certainly Dorian Johnson is no choir boy. He had just committed strong arm robbery when this happened. It's on video tape.
Msnbc kept replaying an interview with this thug where he said that Brown never reached into the cop car.
We now know that is false. Forensic evidence shows Browns DNA in the car. His blood was in the car. This means that we can discredit all his account of what happened. I'm sure the grand jury saw through his lies. Do you think the Msnbc interviewer pressed him on this issue.... of course not.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Yep. Your the expert

Let the protests continue. Maybe as they carry on you'll get a clue.
Actually I think I have a firm grasp on the mentality of people like you. Nothing would be good enough. You don't care about body cameras.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:47 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Actually I think I have a firm grasp on the mentality of people like you. Nothing would be good enough. You don't care about body cameras.
You've been on these threads how long??

Do you know how many suggestions I've made to improve these issues?

When Ferguson happened I got my phone call. Did you?

Please don't try to act like an expert, or that you really care. If you did, you would've jumped on the ship a long time ago.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:48 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Lt governor of MO is saying the democrat governor didn't use the national guard because Obama told him to hold off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies