Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 10:23 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Actually Wilson is moving forward getting married. He is confidant in his actions.

Look, I get it. But in this case the victim was the agressor and was killed due his own actions.
Brown should never have gotten into the patrol car without being invited.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:25 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Nobody. He'd be in jail for theft/robbery.

Nobody is supporting lawlessness. People believe that excessive force was used and there are many witness accounts that tell a much different story about how the altercation went down.
Brown's stepfather, among others, endorsed lawlessness.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,660,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
How is it that he would be in jail for theft/robbery?

Wilson was trying to arrest him and Brown was not complying with the officer's orders. Wilson was doing his job and Brown was being a criminal.

When you assault cops, you just might get shot. That's what happened. Why doesn't the "civil rights movement" pick a legit case to air their grievances? Many of us evil white conservatives are sympathetic to the issue of police militarization and excessive use of force. By picking such a ridiculous case to champion that cause, the left is doing more harm than good to the cause.
Hey, if that is the best cause they have then play it for all it is worth and then don't be surprised if the rest of society shuns the behavior. For me, if a peace officer stops me for any reason I comply and live to tell about it. All this nonsense is about going beyond civil rights but expecting society to cower in the corner. We live in the United States of America....not the middle east so things really aren't all that bad. As a citizen we are also free to live in what ever country would accept us, especially if it matches our agenda.

Wonderlust...you hit with the above photo! Merry Christmas to all.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
What I don't get is why the protesters would set fire to and destroy their own neighborhoods. They even burned down a meat and liquor store. I would think they would have wanted to have that store.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:29 AM

5,334 posts, read 4,422,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Thank you for the links, I had a difficult time finding anything but the initial report. I wonder if a stray bullet killed him? The initial report stated that he was burned, that was not mentioned in the latest news.
Sad. Was he on the GJ witness list as some posters are implying?
I can find not credible evidence to that. If he was it will come out in time. I would rather have definite conformation than have false info come out and then have to correct it. But then again, some would rather cling to early information that was false than to wait.

I'll be on the sidelines waiting for facts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:31 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,185 times
Quote:
Let's be honest here. We don't know who attacked who first. Because Wilson wasn't cross examined.

You need an actual trial to better determine that type of stuff.

Regardless, Wilson will never show his face in public again and will live a life of solitude.
We know these facts:

Wilson had just left a call where a baby was sick, and he didn't intimidate the mom, the baby, or the paramedics.

MB had just left a convenience store where he'd robbed the joint, and acted like a thug towards the clerk.

In a wild ass guess, who do you think assaulted who in the middle of the street? There is only one right answer, based on their behavior displayed that day.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
The protesters, who believe their civil rights were violated, violated the civil rights of all the shop owners of the stores they looted and burned.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:34 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
I can find not credible evidence to that. If he was it will come out in time. I would rather have definite conformation than have false info come out and then have to correct it. But then again, some would rather cling to early information that was false than to wait.

I'll be on the sidelines waiting for facts.

Look at MSNBC's interview from last night, Chris Hayes with Dorian Wilson. It's on record.

They show the victims picture, mention his name, and then watch Wilson's reaction. I can't link to it at work but it's probably on their site or on youtube.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
There were more witnesses that said otherwise.

Which is why it should have went to trial. For a thorough examination.

A grand jury is not the same.
You still after 3 1/2 months don't know a witness from a tv interviewee.

Fortunately, the kinds of reforms you seek have support from less obstinate people than you.

There was an interviewee who claimed Wilson never left his car, another who said two cops were in Wilson's vehicle, another 'witness' said Wilson stayed in his car for 3 minutes, and on and on.

Those who've suspected you never cared about the evidence are proven right, since you are still rejecting [probably not reading] the sworn testimony.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:38 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What I don't get is why the protesters would set fire to and destroy their own neighborhoods. They even burned down a meat and liquor store. I would think they would have wanted to have that store.
Don't worry Obama will make sure to give them the funds to rebuild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.