Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 08:33 AM

366 posts, read 452,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I drink 40's. Olde English is my favorite. I smoke weed too.

I run 3 businesses, 2 which operate internationally and graduated from an esteemed college.

So quick to judge...
I don't know if running a drug smuggling operation, a sex trade operation, and a numbers racket counts as 3 businesses in the strictest sense.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
I don't know if running a drug smuggling operation, a sex trade operation, and a numbers racket counts as 3 businesses in the strictest sense.
Lol. Whatever you say.

I don't sell drugs. Just smoke marijuana. You know, the plant that's been used medicinally and spiritually for thousands of years.

And you'd be surprised what I do. Maybe if you were more content with your career you wouldn't have to try to tear down mine.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:40 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
The marijuana actually may be the reason you have chosen not to respond to my question.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:41 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Like I would answer to the same posters who've just attacked me.

You get nothing more from me about the Movement. Your irrelevant.

I only talk to people who I believe actually care.
Can you cite another case that a white cop shot a black guy for no apparent reason and that the details are more clear?
If so, wouldn't it be a better case to champion your cause? This one is entirely too muddy to get people to see your point.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Can you cite another case that a white cop shot a black guy for no apparent reason and that the details are more clear?
If so, wouldn't it be a better case to champion your cause? This one is entirely too muddy to get people to see your point.
Thanks for being civil.

It's not just about THIS case. The only reason this case was the tipping point was because of the protests and national/international attention it gained. Mostly through social media.

If there were no initial protests, and if they had died down shortly after, there would be no Movement as we have it today on these issues.

It's the collection of cases and the magnitude of cases along with other Police issues that spawned the Movement. This was simply the last straw so to speak.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:44 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,020,443 times
for another perspective.........

fwiw..... knowing the racial tensions iin this metro area, I had not formed an opinion on what I think really happened until these papers were released and I watched Darren Wilson's interviews with GMA.......

The St. Louis area is HUGELY segregated.... baby steps of progress are being made though..... I am seeing less segregation than 1986 when I moved here......

Ferguson grand jury papers full of inconsistencies | FOX2now.com

Old 11-27-2014, 08:45 AM

366 posts, read 452,186 times
Quote:
Thanks for being civil.

It's not just about THIS case. The only reason this case was the tipping point was because of the protests and national/international attention it gained. Mostly through social media.

If there were no initial protests, and if they had died down shortly after, there would be no Movement as we have it today on these issues.

It's the collection of cases and the magnitude of cases along with other Police issues that spawned the Movement. This was simply the last straw so to speak.
Remember. If you defend yourself against a black man, argue with one, refuse to let one into college or give them a job, accidentally bump into one, or look at them wrong you're automatically racist.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:54 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Arriving at an agreement can be helpful. I am ending this Gtowne from me to you. You like many others will pursue your cause and millions of individuals, one person at a time, will be lost in your "cause" and you will see them failing to take the steps needed to succeed one by one.

Have a nice day.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
It's daily occurrences in the Black Community that the rest of the US sees as the problem.
If there was a lot less Black crime there would be a lot less spent on Law Enforcement and any problems associated.

The rest of the US recognizes a whole set of different problems. The Black Murder rate is probably the largest.

Let's review the Chicago Tribune this Sunday and see the crime over the Holiday.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:57 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
This whole country has "progressed" from individual rights to civil rights to evil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.