Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 10:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Obama had nothing to do with Ferguson.

The outrage was not planned and happened organically.

The protests and organizing was done by young people all over the world.
Obama put himself in th emiddle of it when he talked about it, and then discussed a federal investigation.

I dont view him any differently than Al Sharpton..

An opportunist, who will say and do anything, even if its wrong, long as it gets him on television..

Old 11-27-2014, 10:13 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama put himself in th emiddle of it when he talked about it, and then discussed a federal investigation.

I dont view him any differently than Al Sharpton..

An opportunist, who will say and do anything, even if its wrong, long as it gets him on television..
Presidents are supposed to talk about issues gaining national attention.

He's the freaking president

And did he order his forces to kill everybody on the Bundy ranch??

While I have my issues with certain policies, Obama is far from a racist. And he's mixed by the way.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Like other posters, I don't think you understand the issues being brought up.

Be lucky that you never had to have "the talk" about this country. I was naive at first too.

If there's racist on C-D, why would you not expect there to be racists in the real world? Do you know how many KKK members were exposed and had ties to positions of power? Or Police departments?
There is no issues being brought up by taking the rule of law and ignoring it. Its not like those who disagree with the outcome are taking acts of civil disobience...

Rosa Parks at least disagreed with a law, and then broke that law in order to make a point.

Are you telling me those rioting and burning down buildings believe they should be allowed to do so?

If not, then the response they are taking is THE WRONG RESPONSE...And anyone who thinks what the are doing is justified is a complete moron and the problem, not the solution.

I dont give a rats ass about the KKK etc from 20 years ago.. Stop living in the past and using the past to justify current actions.

Two wrongs dont make it right, even if they are black

Old 11-27-2014, 10:16 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Only four witnesses came forward to tell the truth because others who could were too afraid for their lives if they did. Those four witnesses who backed up Wilson and the facts were brave souls with the integrity to get the truth out.
I've been slowly reading the witness interviews and believe most told the truth as best they Think they saw what happened. Many witnesses didn't fully support either the Brown or Wilson version.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:18 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no issues being brought up by taking the rule of law and ignoring it. Its not like those who disagree with the outcome are taking acts of civil disobience...

Rosa Parks at least disagreed with a law, and then broke that law in order to make a point.

Are you telling me those rioting and burning down buildings believe they should be allowed to do so?

If not, then the response they are taking is THE WRONG RESPONSE...And anyone who thinks what the are doing is justified is a complete moron and the problem, not the solution.

I dont give a rats ass about the KKK etc from 20 years ago.. Stop living in the past and using the past to justify current actions.

Two wrongs dont make it right, even if they are black
I see yourself, as many others ONLY focus on the looters and rioters and seem to forget the very people who started the protests.

Makes for much easier talking points.

Blacks are animals, criminals, tear down their own hood, etc, etc.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:18 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The PBS Newshour chart of Ferguson witness statements shows that despite McCulloch's claims it was not an open and shut case.

12 witnesses say Brown was running away when he was shot.
4 witnesses say Brown was NOT running away when he was shot.

The chart shows that some interviewees had 2nd and 3rd interviews with little or no change between the first and last.
I don't see how anyone can read this and still believe that there as not enough evidence or enough doubt whether this should go to trial.

What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? | PBS NewsHour
If the forensic data says Brown was not shot in the back, doesn't that automatically raise significant doubt about the testimony that says he was running away when he was shot?

Three autopsies were performed. AFAIK, they all said the same thing about how Brown was shot. These are science based facts.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:

He's the freaking president .
But thats not what he's doing.. What I heard him say was that he was going to have a federal investigation to now investigate if the previous investigation was wrong..

And what happens if the Federal Government then decides the ruling was the correct one? More riots?

I'm willing to bet he never even starts the investigation.. He lies all the time to people like you.

debt commission, jobs commission, etc.. its non stop..
Quote:
I'm not even sure your point..
Quote:
While I have my issues with certain policies, Obama is far from a racist. And he's mixed by the way.
I dont give a rats ass what color he is, nor did I say he was a racist.. I said he was an opportunist

Old 11-27-2014, 10:22 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:

He's the freaking president

Do you think the president should knowingly inflame racial tensions on national TV?

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The PBS Newshour chart of Ferguson witness statements shows that despite McCulloch's claims it was not an open and shut case.

12 witnesses say Brown was running away when he was shot.
4 witnesses say Brown was NOT running away when he was shot.

The chart shows that some interviewees had 2nd and 3rd interviews with little or no change between the first and last.
I don't see how anyone can read this and still believe that there as not enough evidence or enough doubt whether this should go to trial.

What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? | PBS NewsHour
Because the forensic evidence clearly shows that the 12 people who say the thug was running away were lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quote:
I see yourself, as many others ONLY focus on the looters and rioters and seem to forget the very people who started the protests.
Actually its YOU who are only focused on the effect while ignoring the cause.

I dont care if they are protesting in the street quietly, or rioters and looting. To protest the rule of law without any evidence to the contrary, simply because you dont like the outcome is wrong.

Could you have seen the right wingers rioting when Obama was sworn into office simply cause they dont like his policies? Neither can I..

Where was that ACA rioting for example?
Quote:
Makes for much easier talking points.
There is no talking point in discussing issues gaining national attention. You JUST said so in your previous poisting..
Quote:
Blacks are animals, criminals, tear down their own hood, etc, etc.
Dont give me that racist bull ****.. 75% of my household is black. You can try your racist crap on someone else..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies