Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 07:53 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Michael Brown's stepfather says he's sorry for his emotional "burn this!" outburst to demonstrators after learning a police officer wouldn't be indicted in the teen's death. But he says he's unfairly taking heat for the rioting that followed.

In a statement obtained exclusively by CNN's Don Lemon, Louis Head said "emotions got the best of me" on the night of November 24 in Ferguson, Missouri.

An investigation into whether the outburst incited riots is unlikely to yield charges, local law enforcement officials told CNN's Evan Perez and Shimon Prokupecz.

so, I found out, Michael Brown's mother didn't even raise him, his grandmother did....and his stepfather, merely used this as an excuse to rob and loot....
I don't believe Michael Brown was the fine upstanding kid that his mother claimed him to be....

You mean a relative of Mike Brown isn't standing up and accepting blame for his words/actions???? Sounds like it runs in the family.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:54 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kv7370 View Post
Al Sharpton has a platform to heal and instead he is instigating rioting. He should be put in jail.
He's becoming Obamas BFF and been to the White House 80+ times.

We will see a lot of this the next 2 years to get the voters out in 2016. It may backfire.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:56 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
now that an investigation is taking place, he decides to apologize..

Michael Brown's stepfather apologizes - CNN.com

Old 12-03-2014, 07:59 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Michael Brown's stepfather says he's sorry for his emotional "burn this!" outburst to demonstrators after learning a police officer wouldn't be indicted in the teen's death. But he says he's unfairly taking heat for the rioting that followed.

In a statement obtained exclusively by CNN's Don Lemon, Louis Head said "emotions got the best of me" on the night of November 24 in Ferguson, Missouri.

An investigation into whether the outburst incited riots is unlikely to yield charges, local law enforcement officials told CNN's Evan Perez and Shimon Prokupecz.

so, I found out, Michael Brown's mother didn't even raise him, his grandmother did....and his stepfather, merely used this as an excuse to rob and loot....
I don't believe Michael Brown was the fine upstanding kid that his mother claimed him to be....
You're just coming to that conclusion now? That family would fit right in on Jerry Springer. His parents were never married. Step father is a known felon. His grandmother raised him even though is biological parents were living locally. His mother got in a fight with his grandmother for selling merchandise related to her son's death. Holy crap you can't make this stuff up. Gentle giant my anus.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
now that an investigation is taking place, he decides to apologize..

Michael Brown's stepfather apologizes - CNN.com
They knew the Grand Jury was not going to charge Wilson before they left their motel room.

He did not "just find out".

Old 12-03-2014, 08:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
You're just coming to that conclusion now? That family would fit right in on Jerry Springer. His parents were never married. Step father is a known felon. His grandmother raised him even though is biological parents were living locally. His mother got in a fight with his grandmother for selling merchandise related to her son's death. Holy crap you can't make this stuff up. Gentle giant my anus.
I was away for two weeks, so I just found out now, so kill me. LOL

Yup and because of this, an officer's life, was destroyed....these people do not care how they effect the lives of others, they just want to be right and have it all....they don't care if they destroy their own kids, or their own stores, whatever, this simply put, is an excuse for them to destroy.

I'm convinced, these people are criminals, maybe small time, but my son being an officer, said, they start off small, and each offense gets worse....

My heart goes out to the police officer and his family....

if it were up to me, I'd shoot every last person who went on a looting rampage....black, white, yellow, or whatever color, but shoot anyone who is there to destroy the property of others.....

Enough is enough! These people make all blacks look bad, and it is high time blacks rise up against them....and look at them as outcasts of society...that have no desire to contribute anything to society, but looting, selling drugs and hurting others.

I'm sick of the whole mess....I know so very many hard working black families, that are fine upstanding citizens, who contribute more to their neighborhoods communities and work. I'm proud to know them and call them my friends....and this bull crap that these criminals pull is sick, and its darn time it stops....and that darn Al Sharpton, is a total embarrasement to the black community...he uses these cases and promotes looting....

Look at how the community came together to help that woman who owns that bakery.
If the national guard is called in, and people start looting, rioting, then shoot them...enough is enough.....these people have caused enough problems, by breeding criminals collecting welfare for life and breed welfare and kids that want to do nothing but sell drugs....

not to mention, the President was behind Brown's stepfather and this is how he repays society....??????? for standing with him??????? Another thug.....

Old 12-03-2014, 08:14 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They knew the Grand Jury was not going to charge Wilson before they left their motel room.

He did not "just find out".
agreed.

that did not stop him from acting surprised/outraged.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:17 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Bravo!! Good post and you didn't even have to say a word. Thanks for the link.

Now listen, I am not for the black pride issue and against cops. That is not the point. I am not saying that OFC Wilson didn't have a right to protect himself with what he had to use. But what I am saying is that it could have all been prevented AT SOME POINT IN TIME during the altercation. As immortal stated, in past times, you needed a gun to be killed. Then you needed a knife to be killed (even though officers are trained to disarm a person with a knife). Now, you don't even need a weapon at all and it all comes down to the officer's reasonable fear of life.

I will cut this post short (as I have many to come) but I will say that it all comes down to proper training and understanding human behavior at the height of fear. Cops don't get emotional force training. You can't have the license to take freedom/life away but then think you don't have that much more responsibility in taking the appropriate measures to save life. This means from when you first enter the scene and not amp the situation. (generally speaking)

Old 12-03-2014, 08:21 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Before I post even further, maybe there should be a new height/weight standard. We should start hiring 6'0 280 pound MMA fighters that can actually take on an 18 year olds charging towards them. NO, don't respond. Think about that for a bit

Not saying OFC Wilson shouldn't have used his weapon at the time as it may have only been his only means but had he been used to fighting and taking charges and punches, he probably wouldn't have felt like he was being squeezed by hulk hogan....

Old 12-03-2014, 08:24 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Bravo!! Good post and you didn't even have to say a word. Thanks for the link.

Now listen, I am not for the black pride issue and against cops. That is not the point. I am not saying that OFC Wilson didn't have a right to protect himself with what he had to use. But what I am saying is that it could have all been prevented AT SOME POINT IN TIME during the altercation. As immortal stated, in past times, you needed a gun to be killed. Then you needed a knife to be killed (even though officers are trained to disarm a person with a knife). Now, you don't even need a weapon at all and it all comes down to the officer's reasonable fear of life.

I will cut this post short (as I have many to come) but I will say that it all comes down to proper training and understanding human behavior at the height of fear. Cops don't get emotional force training. You can't have the license to take freedom/life away but then think you don't have that much more responsibility in taking the appropriate measures to save life. This means from when you first enter the scene and not amp the situation. (generally speaking)

yeah, and when a cop tells you to drop you do it. You don't jump on him and push him back in the car.....

I'd shoot anyone who did that to me. There are two sides to this story and I'm sick to death of people who feel that they don't have to do what the cop tells him to do.

I know so many people, and yet, none of them hate cops or have been in trouble with the cops....it is however, the people who have been in trouble with the cops, who think it's ok to NOT listen to the instructions that police give them.

Makes me sick how everyone thinks they are an authority on how to be a cop....why not, how to be a fine upstanding citizen and not get in trouble in the first place.

that cop responded to a call....Mike Brown roughed up the store owner, and the cop didn't have any idea what he was facing...period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies