Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM

2,118 posts, read 4,154,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I lost track of this thread back around page 150, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Has anyone seen the news stories of a man in Ferguson named Deandre Joshua? They're saying that he was one of the Grand Jury witnesses that corroborated Officer Wilson's story. There's a news story on my FB page saying that shortly after the GJ findings, he was shot in the head and then doused with something and set on fire.
That is horrible. Was he the one referred to as Juror #10 an African American who stated he was intimidated and feared for his life because he had given a different story on the spot when things were unfolding? I know he was rumored to have been a witness on the grand jury but he wasn't. Obviously someone decided he was and did something terrible.

Last edited by goodgal; 12-04-2014 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: rumor

Old 12-04-2014, 11:36 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,214,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
That is horrible. Was he the one referred to as Juror #10 an African American who stated he was intimidated and feared for his life because he had given a different story on the spot when things were unfolding? I know he was rumored to have been a witness on the grand jury but he wasn't. Obviously someone decided he was and did something terrible.
"Snitches get stiches"........and more.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:41 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,074,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
"Snitches get stiches"........and more.
That's what they say on the force aint it?

Tell on another officer and your blackballed or worse.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,766,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I lost track of this thread back around page 150, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Has anyone seen the news stories of a man in Ferguson named Deandre Joshua? They're saying that he was one of the Grand Jury witnesses that corroborated Officer Wilson's story. There's a news story on my FB page saying that shortly after the GJ findings, he was shot in the head and then doused with something and set on fire.
The gruesome death is a warning to any others in the community that might report the truth of what really happened on that day.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:29 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,466,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
DNA is better than prints.
Why is DNA better than prints.

DNA can get on an object from sweat, sneezing, dozens of ways that don't involve touching an object.

They should have tested for prints.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:35 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,524,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's what they say on the force aint it?

Tell on another officer and your blackballed or worse.
Yep, the Police say it all the time. Here's a place where the Po-Po sprayed it on the side of a building.

I think.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:40 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,074,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Yep, the Police say it all the time. Here's a place where the Po-Po sprayed it on the side of a building.

I think.
No I'm referring to that Blue Wall thing. You know. Where they cover up crimes.

All on taxpayer money.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,415,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
The gruesome death is a warning to any others in the community that might report the truth of what really happened on that day.
The Gruesome warning is that people are idiots and believe anything they read on the internet

snopes.com: Was Deandre Joshua Murdered After Testifying in Ferguson?

1 - the witness list has been kept secret
2 - Joshua family notes he was not a witness; was not called to testify in the grand jury

Old 12-04-2014, 02:17 PM

52,219 posts, read 33,969,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What exactly isn't mainstream news?

And what is the "New York Times Post"?
where in the world are you seeing the term 'Times' in there

Old 12-04-2014, 02:44 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,607,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Can somebody explain for me why the "protestors" disrupting holiday shopping around the country? What does that have to do with anything? Again...why is ruining our economy, peoples livelihood a goal for these people? Why don't they instead go and park themselves outside a police station and chant their pathetic little "hands up don't shoot" ?

To me all they want is attention. They want to think they do it for a good cause. But when you see all these white people mostly college students or college age, from nice neighborhoods, going to nice schools are out there yelling " hands up don't shoot"....really? Are they really concerned citizens against police brutality? I bet the worst interaction they had with a cop was a parking ticket..lol.
As a white person I feel outrage at the shootings of Mike Brown, and Tamir Rice, and the killing of Eric Garner. Yes, I am concerned about police brutality and excessive use of force, especially deadly force, by police. I believe any moral person would find these killings unjustified and reprehensible---and just plain sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies